Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 03:25 AM   #16
zavandor
DIS Veteran

About Italy, it depends very much where you are going. Big cities can be very hot and sultry during summer, but you'll get the advantage that most italians takes their vacation during July and (above all) August, so cities are mostly empty and easier to tour.

If you plan a beach vacation, it will be much more pleasurable, but you'll have to struggle with peak season, so a lot of people on the beach and high prices.

Weather can be very variable during summer. For example in 2011 we had very hot June and September and more temperate temperature during July and August. However it will never be like Orlando. I went to WDW in September and I've never been in such an humid and hot place before than. That's the reason I'll come in January next time. 13 days to go

About air conditioning: it is getting more and more popular every year. You'll find that a lot of restaurants have it (above all in the most turistic places) and almost all the higher ranked hotels. If you look for a budget hotel, instead, you should check before if it has air conditioning.
In Rome most the Buses have air conditioning now and they are changing metro trains too (about 50% of those have it). I don't know about other cities.

I live in rome, so if you need other informations about Italy and/or my city please ask
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #17
couture1
Earning My Ears

Italy August or September

Hi I am planning to travel with my three children on an Italy adventure this year. We are ready to book and are just looking for information regarding crowds and weather.
I am a single Mom traveling with a 9,8, and 6 year old.
We can do the August 6 date on the Signature trip or Sept 16 regular trip and gain an extra day (current promotion)

My kids are good travelers and although we like warm days I'm concerned about high heat and lack of air conditioning on the walking tours.

What is your opinion/advice?
Thank you
couture1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
mustafa94015
Earning My Ears

which onee

Hi,

I am trying to make a decision regarding travelling to Greece in July. It rests on one major factor - WEATHER ! I live in 'hot-as-ever' Dubai, and ideally I'd love to go to a 'cool' place for my holiday. I've read conflicting reports online about the weather in Greece in July.

Can someone please tell me, if it is uncomfortably hot at that time ? Upto 30 - 32 deg C, is tolerable for me.

Thannx,
mustafa94015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #19
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafa94015 View Post
Hi,

I am trying to make a decision regarding travelling to Greece in July. It rests on one major factor - WEATHER ! I live in 'hot-as-ever' Dubai, and ideally I'd love to go to a 'cool' place for my holiday. I've read conflicting reports online about the weather in Greece in July.

Can someone please tell me, if it is uncomfortably hot at that time ? Upto 30 - 32 deg C, is tolerable for me.

Thannx,
That would be 86 - 90 deg F. Another question would be, are you used to humidity, or is Dubai a "dry heat"? That can make a big difference.

I'm seeing online that it really depends on where in Greece you go. Northern Greece can get up to 40 C (104 F) but Southern Greece tends to range 26 - 27 C (79 - 81 F). Can you be more specific on where you're planning to travel within Greece?

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: