Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #181
lucy0558
Mouseketeer

Count us in!

Hello to all!

We have booked this cruise and are looking forward to sailing on the Fantasy. DH and I are young-at-heart empy nesters and love Disney! We tested our sea legs on a three day cruise in Dec 2010 and thank goodness were not prone to sickness. So, on to a long and relaxing cruise! We may not join the FE group but do look forward to meeting new Dis friends, talking about the cruise and any Dis Meet.

Joined Facebook for the first time! Now if I could just figure out how to post a picture to my signature as well as find this cruise group! Any hints welcome.

It is a crisp, sunny, chilly morning here; but dreaming of the Bahamas!
~Cheryl
Old 02-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #182
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy0558 View Post
Hello to all!

We have booked this cruise and are looking forward to sailing on the Fantasy. DH and I are young-at-heart empy nesters and love Disney! We tested our sea legs on a three day cruise in Dec 2010 and thank goodness were not prone to sickness. So, on to a long and relaxing cruise! We may not join the FE group but do look forward to meeting new Dis friends, talking about the cruise and any Dis Meet.

Joined Facebook for the first time! Now if I could just figure out how to post a picture to my signature as well as find this cruise group! Any hints welcome.

~Cheryl
Hi Cheryl!

Welcome to the group.

We did the same thing with cruising. We did a 3 then a 4 day to see how we did. Now I like the 7 the rest are to short.

We are neighbors. We are from IL and you are from WI. Were about in WI? My son went to school in Milwaukee and we spent alot of time out and around there. I know what you mean about being cold. But this has been one of the better winters in the midwest.

As far as facbook. Put: Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey in search and you should see us. Then you would ask to join the group. Let me know if it works.

We love Disney to. I should say any thing to do with Disney.

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 02-12-2012 at 02:31 PM.
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #183
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello to all!

~Cheryl
Hi Cheryl to our group.

DH (Michael) and I are also empty nesters and we LOVE everything Disney. This will be our 10th Disney cruise.

Looking forward to chatting and meeting you in December.

Take care.
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #184
shawy1269
Mouseketeer

Hi Everybody,

My name's Shawn. My fiance and I will be joining you all on the cruise for our honeymoon. We are first-time cruisers and we look forward to a week of relaxation after a looooong year of wedding planning, scrimping and saving. I am counting the days until this trip! It seems so far away right now, hopefully these next nine months will pass quickly. Happy planning to you all!
shawy1269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:03 AM   #185
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawy1269 View Post
Hi Everybody,

My name's Shawn. My fiance and I will be joining you all on the cruise for our honeymoon. We are first-time cruisers and we look forward to a week of relaxation after a looooong year of wedding planning, scrimping and saving. I am counting the days until this trip! It seems so far away right now, hopefully these next nine months will pass quickly. Happy planning to you all!
Welcome to the group Shawn and Fiance! Congrats to both of you! Great way to spend a honeymoon. This will be are 7th cruise.

We have a facebook page called Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey come join us there.

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 02-16-2012 at 03:09 AM.
wltdsnyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #186
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Ladies and Gentlemen
Boys and Girls
We have hit a
Mildstone
According to DCL
Our Countdown is
288 Days
Till we are aboard
The “Fantasy”
Old 02-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #187
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello to all!

~Cheryl
Hi Cheryl! We are empty nesters too - or will be officially by the time we sail. Our youngest graduates from college in the spring and is getting married in August so we officially become foot loose and fancy free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawy1269 View Post
Hi Everybody,

Hi Shawn and fiance! Since I am just the MOG it has not been that stressful for me this year but some. But how exciting for you - glad to have you joining us.

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #188
Mortlives
DIS Veteran

Happy Saturday, everyone! 41 weeks to go, and I am looking forward to seeing the first show in the new theatre (well, it's new now).

CBR - September, 2001
POFQ - February POR - August 2003
AKL - February RPR- August 2005
DCL Magic - March 2006
RPR - January DCL Wonder, FW, YC - August 2007
DLH - July 2008
RPR, POR - October 2010
DCL Fantasy - December 2012
Mortlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #189
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Happy Saturday, everyone! 41 weeks to go, and I am looking forward to seeing the first show in the new theatre (well, it's new now).

It gets better looking every week. Thanks for posting.. I can't wait to see it decorated for holiday.
:surfweb
:
Old 02-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #190
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post

It gets better looking every week. Thanks for posting.. I can't wait to see it decorated for holiday.
:surfweb
:

Thank you for the countdown...We've never cruised during the holiday season...so we are looking forward to being on the Fantasy...all the decorations...shows etc...going to be a great cruise...I can't wait!!!!

Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #191
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone!
My name is Flo (wltdsnyfan). I will be doing the fish extender for our December 1st Fantasy Cruising with Mickey Cruise!
I would like to start to compile a list of people that would like to par take in it.
I will only post your screen name on the DIS or your first name. I will not post cabin number or anything. But on are closed group on Face book I can post that since it is not public. I will add a document to the group and update the info when I add someone to it. On the DIS I will put an updated list once a month.
The cutoff to par take will be in the beginning October. This gives people time to get it all together. Once we hit the cut of date you can send me an e mail, private message or PM me on the DIS your e mail address and I will send you the spread sheet with all the info on it. I will also have copies of the spread sheet at the DIS meet on the Fantasy.
Will all that being said if you would like to par take please send me the below info.
If you have more than one room who is in what room would be good to.
First name of Adults:
DIS Screen name or names:
Number of Rooms:
Room Number or Numbers:
Number of children, ages and if they are a boy or girl
You can either send me a PM on the DIS, a private message on Face Book or you can e mail me the above info at girlwolf@excite.com.
Thanks
Flo
Example Below:
First name of Adults: Mickey & Minnie
DIS Screen name or names: mickey12; Minnie 12; Donald 14
Number of Rooms: 2
Room Number or Numbers: 6588 & 6590 - (6588 Mickey and DS12, DGS14) (6590 Minnie and DD10)
Number of children: 3
Ages (at time of cruise) and if they are a boy or girl: DS12, DD10: DGS 14
Below is an updated List as of today. (2/18/2012)

Time4DisneyNow & Time2Go2Disney (Monika & Michael)
Disneyelf10 (Donna & DH)
Wltdsnyfan & doctex DS (Flo, Dan)
Moranclan5 + DD17 & DS13 (Bobby & Cindy)
Pjstevens (Dale & Patricia)
Mickeybeast ( Chuck & Karen)
Ajstaud (Amanda & Mom)
Old 02-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #192
lucy0558
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Cheryl!

Welcome to the group.

We did the same thing with cruising. We did a 3 then a 4 day to see how we did. Now I like the 7 the rest are to short.

We are neighbors. We are from IL and you are from WI. Were about in WI? My son went to school in Milwaukee and we spent alot of time out and around there. I know what you mean about being cold. But this has been one of the better winters in the midwest.

As far as facbook. Put: Fantasy Cruisin' with Mickey in search and you should see us. Then you would ask to join the group. Let me know if it works.

We love Disney to. I should say any thing to do with Disney.

Thanks for the welcome, joining the group was easier than I thought!

We live in the Chipppewa Valley area of west-cental WI. It is about 90 miles east of Minneapolis.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #193
lucy0558
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post
Hi Cheryl to our group.

DH (Michael) and I are also empty nesters and we LOVE everything Disney. This will be our 10th Disney cruise.

Looking forward to chatting and meeting you in December.

Take care.
Thank you Monika.....WoW 10 cruises! It sounds wonderful!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #194
lucy0558
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
Hi Cheryl! We are empty nesters too - or will be officially by the time we sail. Our youngest graduates from college in the spring and is getting married in August so we officially become foot loose and fancy free!

Hi Shawn and fiance! Since I am just the MOG it has not been that stressful for me this year but some. But how exciting for you - glad to have you joining us.
Hi Gail and Shawn! My youngest is getting married in October of this year so it sounds like a busy year for all of us.

Shawn, DH and I spent our honeymoon at DisneyWorld and each visit since reminds us of that wonderful time.

Cheryl
Old 02-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #195
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, joining the group was easier than I thought!

We live in the Chipppewa Valley area of west-cental WI. It is about 90 miles east of Minneapolis.
We live near woodfield shopping mall if you know were that is. About 20 minutes from O'hare.

We travled as far as Sheboygan, Plymouth and Verona and back in one day for baseball. But it was fun.

We leave for Florida out of Milwaukee airport. i like it, it is nice and small.

Can't wait to meet you in a few months.

How about the Winter so far? Kind of strange.

take care

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: