Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #676
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Do you have an AP? I got Poly for $297/nt ($314 with taxes) with the 40% off AP Early Booking Discount for March. 2 1/2 more weeks!!
AP discount was worth it to me as well. Family of 5 AP was a lot but I still saved $500 in the end. Plus we are going back in January and then going back exactly 9 days before they expire. So total savings is goIng to be phenomanal! Even if they don't offer AP discount next year!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #677
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
AP discount was worth it to me as well. Family of 5 AP was a lot but I still saved $500 in the end. Plus we are going back in January and then going back exactly 9 days before they expire. So total savings is goIng to be phenomanal! Even if they don't offer AP discount next year!
Isn't it great when you only have to pay for the room and food. We are making our 4th trip in May with our Ap's. Not all have been at the Poly. We have tried BW, AKL, BC and WL. Poly is still our favorite. I think I am going to be really sad when my Aps expire May 14.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #678
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

I want to publicly thank Carrie772 for helping me pick a garden view some weeks ago that is more than a garden view. Just checked in a couple hours ago and got my request, Fiji third floor, with view of marina, Contemporary, and Space Mountain. No complaints here!

(I am a first time Poly guest by the grace of a pixie dust upgrade from a POR Royal Guest Room.)

We just enjoyed the Electric Water Pageant and heading back to the beach in a few minutes to catch Wishes from a whole new point of view.

Thanks again to you and everyone else who posted helpful information for me to learn from.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #679
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Isn't it great when you only have to pay for the room and food. We are making our 4th trip in May with our Ap's. Not all have been at the Poly. We have tried BW, AKL, BC and WL. Poly is still our favorite. I think I am going to be really sad when my Aps expire May 14.
Sticker shock buying AP for all five adult rate family members at once but I wish I would have done it sooner! Now we have an excuse to jump on a plane (maybe getting last minute deal) arriving staying for couple days.. Maybe a long weekend and be back in philly without missing a beat. wake up and say eh let's go to Disney. I am all about "the money I can save" and the more we go on the AP the better I feel about the price.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 02-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #680
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
I want to publicly thank Carrie772 for helping me pick a garden view some weeks ago that is more than a garden view. Just checked in a couple hours ago and got my request, Fiji third floor, with view of marina, Contemporary, and Space Mountain. No complaints here!

(I am a first time Poly guest by the grace of a pixie dust upgrade from a POR Royal Guest Room.)

We just enjoyed the Electric Water Pageant and heading back to the beach in a few minutes to catch Wishes from a whole new point of view.

Thanks again to you and everyone else who posted helpful information for me to learn from.
Glad you are loving the Poly. (knew you would) and wishes will never be the same for you after watching it on the heavenly Poly beach! Now what are you gonna do when your booking your next trip and the Poly bug starts rolling around in your head? Nothing else will compare. Poly is an addiction!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
Old 02-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #681
MikeRx
Mouseketeer

MIL and the Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
Kids!!! You change there diapers, send them to college and cant even include mom on a disney trip.
You will have to forget your wallet on your next trip in 2013. "Sorry, crazy, forgetfull mom forgot her wallet".
Some of us aren't so ungrateful , This will be our second trip to reward my MIL for being such an awesome Grammy. She took her family to the Poly in the 80's and on a trip 2 years ago and a visit to the Luau and a wonderful stay at the BC CL for which she paid I said...you need to come back here... and just under 2 months away we will be there! I'm not bragging, simply realized several years ago that she is our only remaining parent and we have to treasure every day with her. I guess there are some really good things that happen when you become an older parent too.

Mike (43), DW, DS (4), DMIL

Old 02-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #682
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
Some of us aren't so ungrateful , This will be our second trip to reward my MIL for being such an awesome Grammy. She took her family to the Poly in the 80's and on a trip 2 years ago and a visit to the Luau and a wonderful stay at the BC CL for which she paid I said...you need to come back here... and just under 2 months away we will be there! I'm not bragging, simply realized several years ago that she is our only remaining parent and we have to treasure every day with her. I guess there are some really good things that happen when you become an older parent too.

Mike (43), DW, DS (4), DMIL
How nice of you guys! I'm sure she appreciates you

We treated my mother to three of our WDW trips as a way to show our appreciation for being a wonderful mom and nana. Please, do treasure every moment. I'm sure your MIL does as well
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #683
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad you are loving the Poly. (knew you would) and wishes will never be the same for you after watching it on the heavenly Poly beach! Now what are you gonna do when your booking your next trip and the Poly bug starts rolling around in your head? Nothing else will compare. Poly is an addiction!
So true!! We were originally going to try somewhere new this trip but the Poly crept back in and we are scrimping and saving just to get back there. it didn't help we bought the "wish you were here" print, and it stares at us from our bathroom wall everyday!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #684
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sticker shock buying AP for all five adult rate family members at once but I wish I would have done it sooner! Now we have an excuse to jump on a plane (maybe getting last minute deal) arriving staying for couple days.. Maybe a long weekend and be back in philly without missing a beat. wake up and say eh let's go to Disney. I am all about "the money I can save" and the more we go on the AP the better I feel about the price.
Oh, don't get me started! We originally bought AP's to cover our Sept 2011 and June 2012 trips. We already snuck in a bonus trip in January and now I can't stop trying to figure out a way to add a fourth. Guess I know what I'm off to do now...
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 02-18-2012, 08:10 AM   #685
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Oh, don't get me started! We originally bought AP's to cover our Sept 2011 and June 2012 trips. We already snuck in a bonus trip in January and now I can't stop trying to figure out a way to add a fourth. Guess I know what I'm off to do now...
Looks like we are arriving same day at the poly and both staying CL! but you are gonna be too busy chasing all your little ones around for us to meet and compare our opinions on the content of the evening punch!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
Old 02-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #686
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like we are arriving same day at the poly and both staying CL! but you are gonna be too busy chasing all your little ones around for us to meet and compare our opinions on the content of the evening punch!
That's great. We will probably cross paths in the lounge. We are hard to miss! Yep, I'll be the one running by slurping my punch out of a sippy cup so that I don't spill .

Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #687
SA53
DIS Veteran

Hello Poly experts,

I am thinking of changing my POR Royal Room to the Poly for our July trip. Both of my parents, in their 80s, are coming with us and I am thinking having a monorail resort will help if they need a break from the parks. My question is, my mom has some mobility issues, not major, but she will probably have a walker. How far is the walk between the lobby and the longhouses, longhouses to beach? I have looked at a map but am having a hard time guessing the distances. The reason I am thinking of changing out of POR is the length of the walking to the rooms so if it is just as far at the Poly that would be crazy for me to change. I am also thinking maybe I should go to WL where the walk will be inside and ac-ed but the Poly is my dream resort.

It is my parents first and most likely last trip to WDW so I want it to be perfect!!!

TIA,

K in SA

Old 02-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #688
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

You are welcome! I am so glad that I helped you! Isn't Fiji great? I just love the fact that it's a garden view PLUSSED. Have an awesome trip. And I agree with a PP: I wonder where you stay next go around?
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC; '14 AOA! Did I really plan 2 in '14?!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #689
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
How nice of you guys! I'm sure she appreciates you

We treated my mother to three of our WDW trips as a way to show our appreciation for being a wonderful mom and nana. Please, do treasure every moment. I'm sure your MIL does as well
So nice of those who include the grandparents. I agree wholeheartedly about treasuring every moment. We had planned on bringing my mother with us on our first trip to Disney with the kids, we always told her this ("When we go to Disney, you're coming too!") Unfortunately my mother passed away before our adoption of our youngest daughter was completed and she was never able to make that trip. Our first Disney vacation was bitter-sweet without Mom. Unfortunately my in-laws don't seem that interested in going to Disney. I feel kind of bad for our kids (and my in-laws!). I look forward to sharing Disney with future grandchildren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So true!! We were originally going to try somewhere new this trip but the Poly crept back in and we are scrimping and saving just to get back there. it didn't help we bought the "wish you were here" print, and it stares at us from our bathroom wall everyday!
We have a Disney print in our bathroom too! The one with the sandpails sitting on the deck.

Quote:
So jealous! I wish my DH would let us get annual passes! Unfortunately we're in Canada and live over two hours from the nearest airport, three from the most-resonably priced flights which for us are in Detroit (airfare here is ridiculous!) Kind of makes makes spontaneous trips a little less appealing.

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean
Old 02-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #690
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney know what they're doing for sure! We upgraded our tickets to APs back in May 2010, because we were planning to return that December for my DD's 16th birthday. Then we managed to find a way to sneak two more trips in before they expired in May!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: