Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #31
cblack
Mousketeer

I can't wait for dessert!!!

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #32
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

More to come

Thank you all, for checking in - I will continue with picture postings tomorrow evening! See you then!

ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #33
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Cheese, Dessert, Mignardises

Wow - I took so much time off, I forgot where I was in the posting....

Plateau de Fromages

Tanzanie Chocolate

With "reference" to VnA - only a cone instead of a pyramid!!

Tropical Fruit Mousse on Almond Cake
with Aprocot Sorbet

Chateau Suduiraut '02

Vacherin Framboise

Chateau Doisy Vedrines '06

Mignardises

Of course, we were too full to enjoy these extra delights - cookies, homemade suckers, and homemade raspberry marshmallows - all of which we had for breakfast in our room the next day, along with a small box of 4 house-made candies. It doesn't get more "vacation" than that, for me!!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #34
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Merci

Two Roses

At the end of the meal, the ladies receive TWO roses - I am guessing the red one from Chef Scott (VnA) and the pink one from the "other guy" (one of those details I will catch next time, or will almost certainly be supplied by a more informed disboarder).

DH, Chef Gerard & Manager, David

Saw Chef Gerard in Cafe Cove later in the cruise - he was very gracious and chatted with us. Everyone is so friendly on a Disney cruise!

To summarize:
1) Did it meet expectations? No, it exceeded them
2) Would I recommend it to others? Definitely, if it is your kind of dining experience.
3) Would I do it again? Yes. March 25th.

Last edited by ehagerty; 02-15-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #35
kathi
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for posting all the lovely photos! We dined in Remy last September and it brought back so many happy (and delicious) memories!
kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #36
Shell54
DIS Veteran

The cheese course was so fantastic wasn't it? I have to admit I had a tiny piece of almost all of them as per our server's suggestion. Your Remy thoughts and photos brought back many happy memories of my lovely meal there..thanks for taking the time to post

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #37
cblack
Mousketeer

Thank you for the detailed report! I was thinking this wouldn't be my cup of tea, but this review has changed my mind!

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #38
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Various Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell54 View Post
The cheese course was so fantastic wasn't it? I have to admit I had a tiny piece of almost all of them as per our server's suggestion. Your Remy thoughts and photos brought back many happy memories of my lovely meal there..thanks for taking the time to post
Brings back fond memories for me, too! Win-Win

Old 02-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #39
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Various Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
Thank you for the detailed report! I was thinking this wouldn't be my cup of tea, but this review has changed my mind!
That's what I like to hear!!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #40
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Did you find the ordering intimidating at all? I am not familiar with French restaurants/food although I have had some excellent meals in high end restaurants. We are adventurous eaters.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #41
StephanieCG
Mouseketeer

Wow what an experience! Loved your review and the pictures. Because my husband is in Afghanistan now, we're postponing Valentine's day and we'll celebrate it at Remy on the Dream. I can't wait it looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing
StephanieCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #42
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Ordering is not intimidating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
Did you find the ordering intimidating at all? I am not familiar with French restaurants/food although I have had some excellent meals in high end restaurants. We are adventurous eaters.
Dish details are stated in English. Service is very interactive and not the slightest bit snooty. You get to select each course based on your likes. Each dish is made to order, so if you are hesitant about a particular ingredient, they can leave it off.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #43
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

We couldn't fit Remy in on our cruise on the Dream last October, so I promised myself we would fit it in on our next cruise on the Fantasy. However, now it's looking like my husband won't be able to make it, so it will just be me with the children (who are too young to go to Palo or Remy). I would still love to go, but have always felt self concious eating alone. Should I go for Remy (or Palo) and eat alone? Or wait until I can go with adult company?
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #44
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
We couldn't fit Remy in on our cruise on the Dream last October, so I promised myself we would fit it in on our next cruise on the Fantasy. However, now it's looking like my husband won't be able to make it, so it will just be me with the children (who are too young to go to Palo or Remy). I would still love to go, but have always felt self concious eating alone. Should I go for Remy (or Palo) and eat alone? Or wait until I can go with adult company?
I haven't eaten at Remy solo yet but I have at Palo and V&A at WDW. Just go and enjoy! No reason to be self-concious...I know the wait staff will treat you like a princess!

Jill in CO
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #45
MoranClan
I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me. ; The "5650" Club

Thank you for the review. Now I can show my wife how good the food is. Can not wait to book Remy for our upcoming cruise.

Disney Magic's First Ever 10-night Western Caribbean Cruise Aug. '04

MoranClan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: