Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #1
stace1214
Mouseketeer

Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

We're taking a mini-vacation to Sea World/WDW next week and staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World. If you've stayed there, can you tell me what supplies are in the rooms? We have a two bedroom with a kitchen/washer/dryer. Are there pots/pans, glasses, plates, silverware, trash bags etc...? We're planning a few meals there and I don't want to be caught off guard not having anything to use to cook with. Thanks!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

We stayed there in 2003 (I know, a loooong time ago)... at that time, they did have all the pots and pans, dishes, silverware you'd need. Service for 4 - if I remember correctly. Not sure about trash bags, I think housekeeping changed everything daily though. I remember that their water was horrible though - even when we made mac n' cheese - it made the macaroni taste awful... If you are doing a grocery stop - I'd definately grab a gallon or two of water to cook with.

Here's a couple of pics from our room - I am sure they've been updated, but the set up is probably the same - we also had a two bedroom... the main bedroom had a huge jacuzzi tub (never got a pic of that though). Hopefully someone has more recent pics for you.

THis was our kitchen (washer and dryer behind those double doors) :

Looking into the room from the main door... Kitchen was behind my right shoulder, main bedroom to the right and 2nd bedroom to the left:

Our 2nd bedroom (basically a reg hotel room, connected by a connecting door that they unlock for you):

One thing I want to add - their bus transportation was horrible!!! Not so bad to Sea World (we actually opted to walk back when we were done - it's really close)... but their Disney transport was awful - hopefully they've changed it - if you are planning to do Disney at all from this resort - I'd still rent a car.

Have fun!

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
kneedeep
Loving the Florida life

We are HGVC owners, and last stayed at the Sea World location in 2010. Everything had been updated from the PP's photos. Pots, pans, dishes, silverware were provided. Also, I recall that the other HGVC resorts in Orlando do leave you 4-5 trash bags (the clear kind, not like Hefty), but those were sufficient for our stay. There were also 1 or 2 small boxes of Tide detergent, which was nice, even though we had brought our own.
kneedeep is offline   Reply With Quote