Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
ScotteHansen
Mouseketeer

Dreasm Villas on Seven Dwarfs Lane

We are staying at Jon and Kevins place, Dreams Villas, in October. Has anyone been there that could give us a review of their stay of sorts?

Would love links to any info reviews or trip reports from staying here.

Would also really love an impression on the drive from there into Disney... length, difficulty...etc.

Thanks in advance!
Scotte

1984, 1989 offsite
2001 -Port Orleans
2002, 2003, 2004 offsite
2006 -Pop Century
2008 -Carribean Beach
2010 -Dreams Villas

www.scottehansen.org
ScotteHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
formill
DIS Veteran

We stayed there in a 4 bedroom unit in December and it was beautiful- 3 bedrooms upstairs with 2 bathrooms and on the main floor was master bedroom and bath with whirlpool tub. Kitchen was small but fine-had washer/dryer but they were very small too not full size. Pool area/hot tub and playground was really nice. The only thing I did not like about it was we had no private space to be outdoors like a patio/balcony etc. There was a sheet of rules that was pretty long.......children can not go anywhere on their own...like even over to playground/clubhouse- must wear certain things to play tennis- can't be shirtless anywhere but at the pool- none of the rules affected us really but it was a pretty extensive list- we only stayed there 2 nights. It looked exactly as pictured on web site. We paid $79 a night to stay there- had to pay a cleaning fee as we were only there the two nights.
formill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
Mouse Skywalker
The Force is strong with this Podcast Correspondent

I stayed there leading a group of 12 college students on an alternative break trip in January. We were working for a week at Give Kids The World which was literally 3 miles down the road.

I wrote a report of the week in the article here, and posted some pictures of the condo.

DIS Unplugged: A Walt Disney World Trip Alternative

I thought it was wonderful, and perfect for our needs. I should note we rented two condos for our group of 12, and only one of them was John and Kevin's Dream Villa.

We were treated like family. There were special gifts left for us in the villa that made us feel so welcome! The villa included a membership to the Sam's Club across the street that I used to stock up on breakfast supplies, water, etc. The villa had so much space, and the students loved the pool and hot tub. They also walked to some of the attractions on International Drive such as miniature golf, Waffle House, and another restaurant.

We could drive to Disney property in minutes, and it was absolutely no issue whatsoever. You do need a car, but I'm sure we were able to get to the theme parks in as much time (or less) than it took to use Disney transportation on property.

Let me know if there are any other questions you have. I loved the property, and have already booked our stay for our January 2011 alternative break trip.

2010 WDW Half Marathon; Mickey's Halloween 5K; Wine&Dine Half Marathon
2009 WDW Half Marathon; Muddy Buddy Orlando 2008 Inaugural Exp Everest Chall
2007 Marine Corps Marathon 4:28:50 PR (Thanks again WISHers!)
2007 WL WDW Marathon 5:05.08 (Thank you WISH Racing Team!)
Mouse Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #4
ScotteHansen
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Both those posts really confirmed about all I was thinking!

Plus it was pretty cool you answered my question Dave. Keep up the great work on the podcast. Don't let Pete give you too hard of a time on the musical backgrounds on your reports!

Scotte

1984, 1989 offsite
2001 -Port Orleans
2002, 2003, 2004 offsite
2006 -Pop Century
2008 -Carribean Beach
2010 -Dreams Villas

www.scottehansen.org
Old 07-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
ScotteHansen
Mouseketeer

Ok I lied... one more dopey question.

What is the difference between Dreams Villas, and the villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane? When we sent in the contract, I know for sure we are staying at the villas at seven dwarfs lane.

I guess when I made the reservation on the website, I didn't see a difference. Guess I should have done more homework maybe.

Scotte

1984, 1989 offsite
2001 -Port Orleans
2002, 2003, 2004 offsite
2006 -Pop Century
2008 -Carribean Beach
2010 -Dreams Villas

www.scottehansen.org
Old 07-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #6
formill
DIS Veteran

I would guess since all the units there are owned by different people there are also many websites......we rented ours from owners that owned 3 condos total. http://www.rentorlandodisneycondo.com/5301.html Some of them looked like they don't rent out that the people that own them are there a lot or always...... Our owner was great.......we discovered there was no coffee pot.......she delivered one personally within a couple of hours......
formill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
KodakFigment
Mouseketeer

We loved the Villas at Seven Dwarfs! DH stayed for the month of May while relocating to new job in Celebration. Everything already said is true, plus you have a Walmart and a Target just around the corner. We went to dinner at AKL one night and with traffic it still only took about 15 minutes. The place is immaculate, the pool area and clubhouse were well cared for. DH said he walked around in the evening after work and people were very friendly. As an aside we found the rental rates to be very negotiable because there are a lot of units. We used VRBO. Have fun!

Halfway through the Resort list - but now living only minutes away
KodakFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
sjsjbrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotteHansen View Post
What is the difference between Dreams Villas, and the villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane? When we sent in the contract, I know for sure we are staying at the villas at seven dwarfs lane.

I guess when I made the reservation on the website, I didn't see a difference. Guess I should have done more homework maybe.

Scotte
If you booked on the Dreams villas web page, you booked with John and Kevin, their villa is at Seven Dwarfs Lane. Any email you get from them would say dreamvilla's.com.

If not you booked through someone else at Seven Drawfs Lane.
sjsjbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
Julylady
DIS Veteran

We stayed in one of John/Kevin's 4 bedroom units in Spring 2009. It was located very conveniently to the pool. The unit was in terrific condition and very comfortable. We had a problem with a toilet in one of the upstairs bathrooms one day and left a message using the phone number provided. We had a return phone call asking if it was okay to enter the unit when we were not there. We gave the okay and the problem was fixed when we returned.

The only very minor issue we had was storage space in the kitchen. We had to use the closet in the master bedroom to store overflow groceries. However, we cooked three meals a day for our group and had a LOT of groceries.

We only sat outside in the pool area so we didn't miss outdoor seating by our unit. It was an easy route to the Disney parks although the traffic was often very heavy. Again, we were there during spring break. We were not bothered by noisy neighbors during our stay.

We are going back next year but are taking even more teenagers along! We have outgrown the 4-bedroom and are renting a 7-bedroom home in Emerald Island. It is our experience that older teens really appreciate having the privacy of a home and extra space rather than being all crowded together in hotel rooms or even a 2 bedroom DVC unit.

I highly recommend these units!
Julylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
ScotteHansen
Mouseketeer

This is why I love the Dis

Thank you to everybody. Now I understand that there are different owners of the villas. When I first went on there and saw how big it was, I thought John and Kevin owned the whole thing.

I thought, "Boy, I need to work for Dreams!!! they are doing great!"

I'm glad it shook out the way it did. I'm not stalking them or anything, but the way I figured I was going to give my business to somebody in Orlando, I wanted it to be them just because I like how they do things that I hear about via the podcast.

I did book through the dreams villas site, so now I now I'm in the right spot.

Thank you everyone, all my questions answered!
Scotte

1984, 1989 offsite
2001 -Port Orleans
2002, 2003, 2004 offsite
2006 -Pop Century
2008 -Carribean Beach
2010 -Dreams Villas

www.scottehansen.org
Old 07-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #11
DisneyDadof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julylady View Post
It was an easy route to the Disney parks although the traffic was often very heavy. Again, we were there during spring break. We were not bothered by noisy neighbors during our stay.
Pay the 75 cents (coins only though!) to take the toll road by the Super Walmart - basically NO traffic all the way to Disney... well worth the money to avoid 192!
1980 - April - no idea - I was 6, 1992 - December - Bradenton, 2003 - March - Resort World, 2004 - April - Star Island. 2006 - April - Celebrity Resorts - Lake Buena Vista, 2006 - June - Celebrity Resorts - Lake Buena Vista, 2006 - October - Comfort Inn , 2006 - Dec/Jan - Celebrity Resorts/Carribean Beach Resort, 2007 - April - Celebrity Resorts, 2007 - June - Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane, 2007 - Dec/Jan - Caribe Cove Resort, 2008 - March - Celebrity Resorts/Pop Century, 2008 - Dec/Jan - SunLake Resorts, 2009 - June - Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane, 2009 - December - Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane, 2010 - June - Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane, 2011 - June/July - Villas at Seven Dwarfs Lane
DisneyDadof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #12
OLT2004
DIS Veteran

Update?

Does anyone have an update?

It seems like a very good deal!

Just so I am sure sure we are talking about the same place =
This is Dreams Villas in Orlando - Jon & Kevin...
The Link is from an advertisement @ the top of the disboards...

Thank You All For Your Help!

Christmas 2007
Went Again In 2207...Very Last Trip!

Went Again In 2010...

Now Planning For January 2013...
OMG Can Our Youngest Really Be 21?
She Was Pre-School Our 1st Trip...Now I Am Planning A Drink
Around World Showcase Tour...

OMG Can This Really Be My DW 50th Bday Trip?

OMG - How Time Fly's...
OLT2004 is offline   Reply With Quote