Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #61
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Welcome aboard Barb. Looks like we might finally get to sail together.
Thanks Mary. Looks like we will.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #62
Corabella
Earning My Ears
 
Corabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 1

Me, too! Me, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debberino View Post
Hey everyone, I am Debbie and this will be my second cruise. Myself, husband and two little girls did the Med cruise on the Magic in August 2011. We live in Ireland but I am from Los Angeles (husband is American too) so I am excited to go home and go on a cruise.

We are going to be bringing one of our best friends and possibly my brother. My little girls will be 3 & 5 on the cruise. Two of our rooms are on 2 and one is on 6. Looking forward to meeting people!!

d
I am the "one of our best friends" in the above-referenced post. Also, I am a total cruise and DIS newb. And I thought I was a Disneyphile until I started reading these boards...now I know I am just a casual Disneyland AP holder who knows where all the bathrooms are.

Looking forward to utilizing great tips, meeting awesome peeps and hanging with the very best cruisers around (those would be the soon to be 3 & 5 y/o children of Debberino).

Corie (AKA Auntie Coco)
__________________
Corabella
Disney Wonder LA to Vancouver May, 2013
Corabella is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #63
TammyAlphabet
DIS Veteran
Life Member - "exclusive tag fairy club"
Enjoys sour grapes
 
TammyAlphabet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 4,011

I moved this ressie to the EBTA today. Unfortunately, I can't do both. Have a great cruise.
__________________
In loving memory of a great husband and father to our two children...
We love and miss you honey!
Sept. 29, 1966-Feb. 3, 2008
TammyAlphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #64
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by
 
ACDSNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 10,361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corabella View Post
...now I know I am just a casual Disneyland AP holder who knows where all the bathrooms are.
That's important stuff!!!

Welcome aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyAlphabet View Post
I moved this ressie to the EBTA today. Unfortunately, I can't do both. Have a great cruise.
Have fun on the EBTA.
__________________



D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #65
twindaddy
DIS Veteran
 
twindaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wine Country
Posts: 1,037

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Booked this cruise the first day along with the first AK cruise. This cruise leaves on our 25th anniversary and the next cruise leaves on DD's 19th b'day - a great way to celebrate. Sailing will be myself, DH & DD(18)

Last week on the Dream we were talking with Capt. Henry and he gave me the bright idea to book the Miami-LA repo so booked that for DD & myself, not sure if I will keep that or not. Sure would be nice to be onboard for 4 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corabella View Post
I am the "one of our best friends" in the above-referenced post. Also, I am a total cruise and DIS newb. And I thought I was a Disneyphile until I started reading these boards...now I know I am just a casual Disneyland AP holder who knows where all the bathrooms are.

Looking forward to utilizing great tips, meeting awesome peeps and hanging with the very best cruisers around (those would be the soon to be 3 & 5 y/o children of Debberino).

Corie (AKA Auntie Coco)

Welcome aboard, looking forward to meeting you!

I think I have everyone entered as of today, let me know if you name does not appear or if I got something wrong! Anyone have a countdown timer going yet?
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #66
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran
 
Time4disneynow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 1,821

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corabella View Post
I am the "one of our best friends" in the above-referenced post. Also, I am a total cruise and DIS newb. And I thought I was a Disneyphile until I started reading these boards...now I know I am just a casual Disneyland AP holder who knows where all the bathrooms are.

Looking forward to utilizing great tips, meeting awesome peeps and hanging with the very best cruisers around (those would be the soon to be 3 & 5 y/o children of Debberino).

Corie (AKA Auntie Coco)
aboard


Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyAlphabet View Post
I moved this ressie to the EBTA today. Unfortunately, I can't do both. Have a great cruise.
Enjoy your cruise.



Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Welcome aboard, looking forward to meeting you!

I think I have everyone entered as of today, let me know if you name does not appear or if I got something wrong! Anyone have a countdown timer going yet?
I have my countdown timer...see below!!! 464 Days until we cruise.
__________________
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]


Time4disneynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #67
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Welcome aboard, looking forward to meeting you!

I think I have everyone entered as of today, let me know if you name does not appear or if I got something wrong! Anyone have a countdown timer going yet?
I need to redo my tickers. I have no clue what they are/were for.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #68
dvcnewgirl
Williamsburg, VA
I don't care if I die early bring back the fried pie!!!
 
dvcnewgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,142

Wow, this is starting to look like the thread for the 5 night Magic on 9/1/08. We had like a hundred people on the FE list. This is going to be fun!
__________________
Kristen Stayed: (Don't remember dates) VWL, Grand Floridian,Polynesian, Contemporary, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans FQ, Pop Century, And all of the All Stars


dvcnewgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #69
debberino
Earning My Ears
 
debberino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corabella View Post
I am the "one of our best friends" in the above-referenced post. Also, I am a total cruise and DIS newb. And I thought I was a Disneyphile until I started reading these boards...now I know I am just a casual Disneyland AP holder who knows where all the bathrooms are.

Looking forward to utilizing great tips, meeting awesome peeps and hanging with the very best cruisers around (those would be the soon to be 3 & 5 y/o children of Debberino).

Corie (AKA Auntie Coco)
YOU FOUND US!!!!

Bathrooms are important but you make Disneyland trips the best (even when they are at capacity)

So while I have cruised on Disney before I have not done the whole fish extender thing-what is involved? I realize we have some time but it would be cool to start thinking about.....
__________________
Me (Deb) + husband

6 & 4

Dec, 2013 WDW
May, 2013-Repo LA to Vancouver
Dec 2011-WDW & Disneyland LA
October, 2011 Paris Disney
Aug, 2011 Med cruise on Magic
June 2011-Disneyland LA
Dec 2010-WDW & Disneyland LA

Lots and lots of trips to Disney prior to this (from Los Angles).
debberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #70
mrsa1993
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 89

Hi all. I am planning on booking this cruise tomorrow. We are a family of 5, myself, DH, and 3 boys who will be 13, 11, and 3 at the time of the cruise. We are also bringing my inlaws. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary and my in laws will be celebrating their 10th anniversary.

We are also planning on driving from Vancouver to Seattle to fly home, so I'd appreciate any advice there.

Not sure if I want to do the FE yet... seems a bit overwhelming.

We have cruised before, but not on Disney. We have been to WDW quite a bit, though, when I worked at the Disney Store in the 90's.

We are looking forward to it. It's nice to "meet" you all.
mrsa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #71
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsa1993 View Post
Hi all. I am planning on booking this cruise tomorrow. We are a family of 5, myself, DH, and 3 boys who will be 13, 11, and 3 at the time of the cruise. We are also bringing my inlaws. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary and my in laws will be celebrating their 10th anniversary.

We are also planning on driving from Vancouver to Seattle to fly home, so I'd appreciate any advice there.

Not sure if I want to do the FE yet... seems a bit overwhelming.

We have cruised before, but not on Disney. We have been to WDW quite a bit, though, when I worked at the Disney Store in the 90's.

We are looking forward to it. It's nice to "meet" you all.
Lots of anniversaries being celebrated on this sailing - we will embark on our 25th.

On the main cruise boards there's a long thread on Vancouver information and it has some tips for driving between Vancouver/Seattle along with other options. The biggest concern most people had was the high cost of the rental since it's a one way rental and being dropped off in another country. Most found it cheaper to take Amtrak or the QuickShuttle bus.
This past summer we flew into Seattle and took Amtrak to Vancouver but flew home from Vancouver since it was the same cost as flying out of Seattle and saved us a travel day. So it's a good idea to check flight costs from both cities.

Which TDS did you work at? I was at 358 for 8½ years - left just before the stores were sold to TCP.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #72
mrsa1993
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
Lots of anniversaries being celebrated on this sailing - we will embark on our 25th.

On the main cruise boards there's a long thread on Vancouver information and it has some tips for driving between Vancouver/Seattle along with other options. The biggest concern most people had was the high cost of the rental since it's a one way rental and being dropped off in another country. Most found it cheaper to take Amtrak or the QuickShuttle bus.
This past summer we flew into Seattle and took Amtrak to Vancouver but flew home from Vancouver since it was the same cost as flying out of Seattle and saved us a travel day. So it's a good idea to check flight costs from both cities.

Which TDS did you work at? I was at 358 for 8½ years - left just before the stores were sold to TCP.
Thanks for the ideas about Vancouver. We fly Southwest, so Vancouver is not even an option. I will check into those other options.

I worked at TDS #467 in the Chicago area from 93 (when it opened) until 98. It closed in 04, but I had moved away from the area. I do miss the perks, but not the hassle or working at a mall.
mrsa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #73
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?
 
WDWLVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Chicagoland for work; Disney for fun!
Posts: 31,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsa1993 View Post
Thanks for the ideas about Vancouver. We fly Southwest, so Vancouver is not even an option. I will check into those other options.

I worked at TDS #467 in the Chicago area from 93 (when it opened) until 98. It closed in 04, but I had moved away from the area. I do miss the perks, but not the hassle or working at a mall.
Which mall was that? I might have purchased from you at some time in the past as I'm in the Chicago area.
__________________
Mary My first visits: WDW '76 DL '79 DCL '99 DVC '00
WDWLVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #74
mrsa1993
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post
Which mall was that? I might have purchased from you at some time in the past as I'm in the Chicago area.
Hawthorne in Vernon Hills
mrsa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #75
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsa1993 View Post
Thanks for the ideas about Vancouver. We fly Southwest, so Vancouver is not even an option. I will check into those other options.

I worked at TDS #467 in the Chicago area from 93 (when it opened) until 98. It closed in 04, but I had moved away from the area. I do miss the perks, but not the hassle or working at a mall.
I thought SW had partnered with a carrier in Canada, so don't completely discount that out.

I was in DE and right now my old store is closed for remodeling, it's going to be an IP store. I miss the perks as well, but like you, don't miss working at the mall and all the hassles it brings. I need to look into seasonal work at WDW so I can at least get some of my perks back. One day I hope to be back there long enough to bridge my time. But now that DD will be going to college down there it will be much easier for me to get my 150 hours a year, on the rolling quarter basis, to stay seasonal.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: