Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
sherob
Ears To You

Great way to spend your honeymoon. On my last Disney cruise a couple got married on the island, in a beautiful gown and tux. Afterwrds they walked along the beach and waved to everybody.
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #17
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
We're going to be on this cruise as well! Haven't decided on adding some Disney Days pre-boarding, though a FQ or AKL stay is very tempting.
Woohoo! I'm excited for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lianne_0325 View Post
We are on this sailing as well. We just got off the Dream and stayed at POFQ after our cruise.

Our servers on the Dream mentioned how worn out the kids are after doing the parks first so they thought doing it afterwards was a good choice with our kids. I have to say running around the parks was a lot more stressful after getting off the wonderful cruise. I think your order is better. I'm debating adding a day or two at the parks to do the Christmas Party as well. I think the kids would LOVE to see the lights at Hollywood and the Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom.

What a magical time of the year to be married!

I am definitely in favor of adding the park days That is encouraging to hear your advice from the server. I think it will work best as well! I really can't wait to experience Disney at Christmas time. We're trying not to make the theme of our wedding too "christmassy"-- i'm thinking of a narnia effect, more like lots of snow inspired things/pine rather than poinsettas and ornaments I only hope it SNOWS that year. This Christmas in my part of Ohio we've had barely any snow to speak of. It will definitely pretty things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Congrats!!! What a great time of year to be married. I often thought about getting married at Christmas time, but chose August instead. Christmas is waaayyyy more prettier

Here is the weird thing...I am also going to be on this cruise. I am starting to investigate anything that has to do with Christmas on the Dis and I love reading TR's and seeing pics at that time of year. So it is tooo funny that I clicked on a pre TR for someone I will be traveling with. Cant wait to read all about your planning over the next year or so....I just love weddings!!!
Thank you! How fun!!! It's exciting to hear that so many of you responding will be on this cruise! Thanks for clicking and responding I have been trying to do lots of investigating too so if you read any awesome tips please let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
So excited for you!!!! What a magical time of year to get married and the day after my birthday...hehe Also I will be cruising with you. Dec 14th Fantasy right? You should come join our Meet thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2819954 So excited to read along with you and your plans....this can make our year and 10 months go faster!!!!

I think you are going to love cruising. This Fantasy cruise will be our 6th and we love it!!
Thank you!! It's funny you mention that, lots of people have mentioned it's their birthday, someone else's birthday or their own wedding anniversary haha!! Thank you for sharing that thread, I will definitely hop on over there. I admit I felt silly starting this so soon, but it was my hope that it would help with all of that jittery anticipation How awesome for you to have cruised so many times! I hope our experience makes us love it that much. Hopefully I don't learn I get sea sick... Thanks for checking out my PTR and following along

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Great way to spend your honeymoon. On my last Disney cruise a couple got married on the island, in a beautiful gown and tux. Afterwrds they walked along the beach and waved to everybody.
That would have been so great to witness! I am thinking it will definitely be the perfect way to end a frantic week at the parks. Although hopefully we will just take it easy and won't feel the need to rush around! That's the goal anyway...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaria View Post
Woohoo! I'm excited for us!
Are you doing early or late dining? Right now we're signed up for early since I read it was harder to get in to but I'm afraid it'll be all kids! But eating at 8ish seems really late. I've read that people in their 20s are the least likely to cruise but I still hope we'll get people close to our age at our table.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #19
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are you doing early or late dining? Right now we're signed up for early since I read it was harder to get in to but I'm afraid it'll be all kids! But eating at 8ish seems really late. I've read that people in their 20s are the least likely to cruise but I still hope we'll get people close to our age at our table.
Bobby wants the first one, but I had the same reservations about it as you! I keep saying "maybe we should request seating for 2?" and he's like "oh come on..." haha... he would rather have table mates, I think. I feel like if I do request seating for just the 2 of us, we will probably miss out on great experiences with other people, or get bored just looking at each other while people around us laugh and have fun. But at the same time i'm afraid if I don't, we'll have a bad experience! LOL.. It's kind of a tough decision to make!
Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #20
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Bobby wants the first one, but I had the same reservations about it as you! I keep saying "maybe we should request seating for 2?" and he's like "oh come on..." haha... he would rather have table mates, I think. I feel like if I do request seating for just the 2 of us, we will probably miss out on great experiences with other people, or get bored just looking at each other while people around us laugh and have fun. But at the same time i'm afraid if I don't, we'll have a bad experience! LOL.. It's kind of a tough decision to make!
Kristi -- here is my suggestion. Since you have joined our thread, and we have over a year and a half to chat in there...maybe you will find a couple in there that you think you would enjoy sitting with. Then just link your ressie's and you can sit at a 4 topper for dinner. Hope this helps...past experience talking here...LOL

ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #21
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Kristi -- here is my suggestion. Since you have joined our thread, and we have over a year and a half to chat in there...maybe you will find a couple in there that you think you would enjoy sitting with. Then just link your ressie's and you can sit at a 4 topper for dinner. Hope this helps...past experience talking here...LOL
Haha VERY good point!! Thank you for the suggestion I think deep down I do want table mates lol!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 PM   #22
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I've had similar thoughts. I'm sure most people who cruise are very nice but I'd be more comfortable with people in my age group. We booked through AAA and our travel agent was saying that they try to do this, but I'm skeptical!

I don't think I missed it, but do you know what cabin type/deck you'll be on? Picking a room was my favorite part of booking the trip (definitely more fun than paying!). I always thought you just picked a category, not the specific cabin, so it was fun poring over the little map the agent gave us.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #23
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yeah, I've had similar thoughts. I'm sure most people who cruise are very nice but I'd be more comfortable with people in my age group. We booked through AAA and our travel agent was saying that they try to do this, but I'm skeptical!

I don't think I missed it, but do you know what cabin type/deck you'll be on? Picking a room was my favorite part of booking the trip (definitely more fun than paying!). I always thought you just picked a category, not the specific cabin, so it was fun poring over the little map the agent gave us.
I didn't get a map to pour over Haha, but that's okay. We are in cabin 6072. We FINALLY booked it, after much much much holding off. Hence why we are in CAT 5D probably. From what I am seeing, those are family staterooms?

Not sure on that gotta do some more research.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #24
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Oops never mind, it's not a family one, whew I was afraid we got stuck paying for way more room than we need, lol. It's On deck 6, deluxe oceanview w verandah which deck are you in?
Old 12-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
kmaria
Mouseketeer

I can't believe how long it's been since I've been active on the boards! Wow, sorry to fall off the wagon like that. Bobby just graduated from college this month with his teaching degree, and currently he is sending resumes out like CRAZY to find himself an art teacher job There are surprisingly many that pop up available in NC and that's where we've been focusing our search.

But I imagine saving for the wedding and disneymoon will get a little more complicated when he finally lands one and we deal with relocating! Yikes... but at least we have all this excitement to look forward to, regardless of how we may struggle in the coming months

So like I just posted before, our stateroom # is 6072 and we are in a CAT5D, deluxe oceanview w verandah room. I have been SCOURING the web looking for exact photos of the stateroom, but haven't found anything . It's really no biggie because they are comparable to just about all the others haha! But sometimes you just like to see!

We finally decided on the second dinner seating also. I figure this way we won't have to rush in to make our seating on port days. And we can always order some room service appetizers to hold us over!

LOVING all of the recent fantasy trip reports, I can't get enough photos!

Right now I'm mainly beating the winter blues by trying to think of what to do in the various ports. Not sure if I just want to go with no plans and mosey about, or if time would be better spent with a solid to do list. Maybe some experienced cruisers can help me out on that one? Did you ever go with no plans and regret it after?

PS- to any Mod, please feel free to move this over to the Cruise Pre-Trip reports, I don't think that was around back when I started this!

Last edited by kmaria; 12-31-2012 at 03:56 PM.
kmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #26
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Just saw this report. What wonderful plans you have for your wedding and honeymoon!

We rarely have excursions set for our port calls...we much prefer just going with the flow on our own. Since it's your honeymoon you may want to pick one port to choose something special to do. Since you are on the Eastern, I would suggest taking an excursion to Trunk Bay in St. Johns while in port at St. Thomas. It's quite beautiful and has spectacular snorkeling!

Happy Planning!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #27
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Just saw this report. What wonderful plans you have for your wedding and honeymoon!

We rarely have excursions set for our port calls...we much prefer just going with the flow on our own. Since it's your honeymoon you may want to pick one port to choose something special to do. Since you are on the Eastern, I would suggest taking an excursion to Trunk Bay in St. Johns while in port at St. Thomas. It's quite beautiful and has spectacular snorkeling!

Happy Planning!
Thanks!

And thank you for the suggestion, I brought it up with him and he said that sounds really nice! And I think you're right, it will be a nice experience to remember from our honeymoon. He is a fan of the snorkeling, it seems! Offered up the other experiences (old sugar mill?) and he said he'd rather do a beachy one!

I am a horrible "sun sitter" so my challenge for myself in this entire vacation will be to learn how to sit still in some sand (or on a lounger on board) and relax! And the snorkeling will be a nice diversion for sure. So excited to experience those waters!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #28
kmaria
Mouseketeer

So we have decided to drive down to Disney rather than fly. We found out from our TA that going through Disney for airfare would land us about $1200 for the both of us, plus another $100 fee for coming down early before the cruise, a "deviation" he called it.

He said independently we could get airfare for around $350 a person, but my favorite thing about flying with Disney is that they take care of your luggage and get you to your resort so seamlessly. So flying wouldn't even be worth the hassle of bag checks anymore.

I think in this situation, it would benefit us to drive down. That way we don't have to worry about lugging our stuff around at the airport (since we wouldn't have disney to do it for us) AND we could leave our cooler weather clothes in the trunk when we park for the cruise, to have less to worry about. Besides, after gas and parking fees we STILL come out under 1200.

I think it should work out, we'll just have to figure out a decent hotel to stay the night in on the drive down and back, since we're in northeastern Ohio!

I already can't wait for December to come again!

Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #29
aheape1979
Mom of 2 princesses!

You don't have to book flights through Disney to take advantage of Magical Express transportation! Look at booking your own if you can save $$
Christmas 1987- offsite, a few 1-day trips during childhood, 6/2001-1st Anniversary POR, 9/2008- POFQ, 9/2009- 12 Days CSR!!, 12/2009- CSR, 5/2010- 10th Anniversary Poly!, 9/2010- Poly again!, 12/11- Girls' weekend at Wilderness Lodge

Looking Forward to September 2012- 10 days at CSR! DCL Dream Cruse January 2013!

aheape1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #30
kmaria
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheape1979 View Post
You don't have to book flights through Disney to take advantage of Magical Express transportation! Look at booking your own if you can save $$
I think we are pretty committed to the thought of driving now! And I never believed this would happen, but my fiance agreed to spending some time in DTD after the cruise! So I shall practice my patience and wait to buy the majority of our souvenirs

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: