Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up BoardWalk Inn Concierge - First Impression

Okay, let me first say, I was skepitical at first regarding the BoardWalk Inn. I wasn't sure because I wasn't thrilled with the pool area and we were used to the Yacht Club and beach area and Stormalong Bay. But all I have got to say is...

WOW!!!

Edited --- I ADDED Several ROOM Photo's if interested on Page 2 of this thread!

My husband and I are EXTREMELY IMPRESSED! We checked in at the guard's gate, then as soon as we drove up to the valet we were greeted by a nice Bellman and welcomed! Okay, I thought, this was great! Great service, Very welcoming. We got out of the car and the Bellman greeted us by our last name. WOW! The bellman Cast Member showed us around the hotel and took us straight up to the Board Walk Inn Keepers area. We were introduced to Scott. Very helpful very nice. We got to the CL around 10 a.m. Saw Fred there, he was extremely friendly and nice, and very courteous and personable and GENUINELY warm! We did get something to eat.

Went back to our STANDARD CLUB ROOM and All I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!! We have Board Walk View Cresent BAY FRONT! Right near Flying Fish! King Size bed , corner room with a side window!!!! AWESOME ROOM, AWESOME VIEW. AWESOME EVERYTHING!!! lol!

Keep in mind I told the Bellman we are celebrating our 4th Wedding Anniversary. Low and behold there was a knock at the door I answered it and it was Guest Services. She gave us a gourmet box of Boardwalk Candy, Balloons, a personalized card and photo impression of Cinderella and her Prince with both my husband and my name on it along with how many years married! WOW!!!! I just could not believe this.

We just got here at 10 a.m. on Valentines Day. We are still here. If you have any questions let me know!

This place SPECTACULAR!!!!!!Side note we have stayed at the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary. This is the first time staying Concierge Level but this place is amazing.

I want to thank these nice DISers's for their recommendations:

PIXARMOM
WDWKOOK
PSAC
CRResortFan4Life
SFBANK

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your recommendations.

We will try to post some pictures!

Brunette

Last edited by brunette8706; 02-14-2012 at 06:48 PM.
brunette8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Your post sums up why BWI remains at the top of my list of Disney resorts.

Hope the rest of your stay is just as wonderful!
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
bowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
TinkBride
I am pro Spaceship Earth wand. I am anti candy/cake castle.

Happy Anniversary!

DH and I will be at BWV in 3 weeks celebrating 5 years! I don't expect the same treatment because we are renting points and not staying concierge, but it is really nice to know that they made an extra effort to help you celebrate!

I love the Boardwalk! One of the best, most romantic places on Disney property. (Although I am partial because we were married at Sea Breeze Point! )
DLR - 2 trips
TinkBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Okay, let me first say, I was skepitical at first regarding the BoardWalk Inn. I wasn't sure because I wasn't thrilled with the pool area and we were used to the Yacht Club and beach area and Stormalong Bay. But all I have got to say is...

WOW!!!

My husband and I are EXTREMELY IMPRESSED! We checked in at the guard's gate, then as soon as we drove up to the valet we were greeted by Bellman and welcomed! Okay, I thought, this was great! Great service, Very welcoming. We got out of the car and the Bellman greeted us by our last name. WOW! The bellman Cast Member showed us around the hotel and took us straight up to the Board Walk Inn Keepers area. We were introduced to Scott. Very helpful very nice. We got to the CL around 10 a.m. Saw Fred there, he was extremely friendly and nice, and very courteous and personable and GENUINELY warm! We did get something to eat.

Went back to our STANDARD CLUB ROOM and All I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!! We have Board Walk View Cresent BAY FRONT! Right near Flying Fish! King Size , corner room with a side window!!!! AWESOME ROOM AWESOME VIEW AWESOME EVERYTHING!!! lol!

Keep in mind I told the Bellman we are celebrating our 4th Wedding Anniversary. Low and behold there was a knock at the door I answered it and Guest Services gave us a gourmet box of Boardwalk Candy, Balloons, a card and photo impression of Cinderella and her Prince with both my husband and my name on it along with how many years married! WOW!!!! I just could not believe this.

We just got here at 10 a.m. on Valentines. We are still here. If you have any questions let me know!

This place SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

Side note we have stayed at the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary. This is the first time staying Concierge Level but this place is amazing.

I want to thank these nice DISers's for their recommendations:

PIXARMOM
WDWKOOK
PASCAS
CRResortFan4Life

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your recommendations.

We will try to post some pictures!

Brunette
I am so relieved to read your post - fantastic news! Happy anniversary to you and DH!!! We'll be there on our 25th and now you've gotten me even more excited!! Thank you so much for posting and keep the updates coming

I'm going to post a link to this thread on the BWI thread...
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Brunette-Glad to hear your request went through for the Boardwalk view. Told you it rocked! Glad you like it so far. Keep us posted Tell my "family" hi. Make sure you give Lorenzo a hard time. Once you get to know Linda, Anita, Jackie, Pete, aJanice, and the rest of them you will never stay anywhere else again. At least my countdown is going down a little at a time
Old 02-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
Your post sums up why BWI remains at the top of my list of Disney resorts.

Hope the rest of your stay is just as wonderful!
thank you so much! This place is AMAZING!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #7
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkBride View Post
Happy Anniversary!

DH and I will be at BWV in 3 weeks celebrating 5 years! I don't expect the same treatment because we are renting points and not staying concierge, but it is really nice to know that they made an extra effort to help you celebrate!

I love the Boardwalk! One of the best, most romantic places on Disney property. (Although I am partial because we were married at Sea Breeze Point! )
HI! This place is great! Like I said I was skeptical but this place is Spectacular! Service was a 10, and we just got here! LOL! This hotel I highly recommend and I'm picky! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I am so relieved to read your post - fantastic news! Happy anniversary to you and DH!!! We'll be there on our 25th and now you've gotten me even more excited!! Thank you so much for posting and keep the updates coming

I'm going to post a link to this thread on the BWI thread...
Hi Kook! Please post my "EDITED" version. I had so many typos in my first launch post, I guess because of all the excitement! LOL! I think I made all the edits! Thanks Kook and thanks for your help! LOVE IT HERE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Brunette-Glad to hear your request went through for the Boardwalk view. Told you it rocked! Glad you like it so far. Keep us posted Tell my "family" hi. Make sure you give Lorenzo a hard time. Once you get to know Linda, Anita, Jackie, Pete, aJanice, and the rest of them you will never stay anywhere else again. At least my countdown is going down a little at a time

Hi SFBANK! I added your name to my launch post! You were very instrumental in your recommendation also! I will certainly say hi to all the CM's. They are so nice! This place is phenomenal!

This is a great Valentines Day! My husband got me a pink Dooney and Bourke Bag. I'm treating him to the Spirit of Luau show! This show I highly recommend too!

Brunette
Old 02-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #8
Missytara
I'm all ears!

It is my dream when I retire to stay at the BWI. I visit there every year on my trip and it is slowly becoming my fav resort for special occasions.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Brunette, I'm so happy to hear this!!! Your room sounds wonderful - I just LOVE the Boardwalk view and hope you and your husband continue to enjoy it. Can't wait to see the photos! Have a great time, and if you see Jackie, please let her know that her three pirates from last August say hello!

Happy Anniversary!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
pixarmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #10
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Glad to hear this! Happy Anniversary and enjoy your trip!!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Tinkerbellie16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #11
SteelerCountry
Mouseketeer

Tell me about CL

Food choices?
Hours food is avail?
Drink choices?
SteelerCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #12
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerCountry View Post
Food choices?
Hours food is avail?
Drink choices?
Hi!

We just got here at 10:00 a.m. today.

Continental Breakfast

hardboiled eggs
bagels and cream cheese (there's a toaster also)
pastries
muffins
oatmeal
raisens
cranberries
various cold cereals
skim milk
chocolate milk
coffee (real coffee) lol
OJ
grapes
oranges
banana's
apples
sliced cantelope

11:30 - 4:00

various sodas
iced tea
lemon aid
homemade cookies
chips
goldfish
chocolate covered prezels
fruit.

Not sure about the evening appetizers yet, but will fill you in.

Hope this helps.

Brunette
Old 02-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Brunette I am soooo happy to hear how much you Love BWI....continued, glowing reasons why I am excitedly awaiting my first stay in October! I am definitely not changing my resort....I had a few twinges for the POLY, but I truly think the BWI is best for us for this trip, especially the Dlx room with 4 people, each who need their own sleeping arrangements! (albeit my two older teen boys can share a bed ....) I am so excited!

I just purchased our airfare yesterday, and in the process ended up adding on an extra Disney Day...I have as yet, not booked a Room Only for that first night (BWI was too expensive )......I am hoping perhaps a good room only discount comes out and I can add on a night at the POLY, would love to try that resort, even just for one night! I am a little concerned now, because we won't be coming directly to BWI via ME anymore, we'll be transferring via TAXI for our club level portion after our first night on site.....I hope we still get the nice welcome at arrival, and they know that we are club level guests.... We shall see, I guess

How do you like the pool??? I am so excited to try that slide, it looks like a lot of fun!
Happy Valentines Day, and Happy Anniversary, I am glad they are treating you so well

Enjoy your trip!

Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #14
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

It's great to read that you are enjoying yourselves and the service you got continues to show how great the Boardwalk Inn Club Level Cast Members can be.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #15
gogo
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you will have a fantastic trip. We stayed at BWI, standard cl room, for the first time last month. I agree with everything you said in your post. We also had a direct lagoon view above Kouzzina Restaurant and it was stunning.

The CL offerings were wonderful. I especially enjoyed the evening appetizers and the evening desserts. If they have these small PB&J pinrolls sprinkled in sugar, you should definitely try them. Doesn't sound like an adult appetizer but they were incredible. I overheard the CM's telling other guests that people have tried to duplicate them at home but can't. Also, the spinach in phyllo pastry were out of this world.

Happy Anniversary!
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: