Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #31
J&K'sPrincessMommy
DIS Veteran

It looks a lot like the ABD backpacks, which is really great. It holds quite a bit.

J&K'sPrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #32
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd469 View Post
...I actually like the Rice Krispie flip flops
We did too.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #33
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
It is a free gift, they can do what they want. Be happy they even give you anything since they don't have to. I think the vast majority of people are glad for the change. The water bottles were crappy and scratched up and we not insulated...the rice krispies were gross....but in the end its nice to see a change.
I agree. When we were on the Dream earlier this month, we were told they'd soon be changing some of the CC gifts, but they didn't know exactly when. I'm glad for the change since we sail again in April. I've had about 5 of the red & black bags and contents. Gave the last 4 away. I'm with you about those Rice Krispie frosted flip-flops ... too gross looking for me to even try. Since I'm a Chip 'n' Dale fan, I'm glad to see something Chip 'n' Dale included now, even though I probably won't eat that either.

It would be nice if they change the Platinum gifts also, but if they don't, no problem!
DCL #20: 11/8/2014 DISNEY FANTASY
DCL #21: 12/5/2015 DISNEY FANTASY
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #34
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
It is a free gift, they can do what they want. Be happy they even give you anything since they don't have to. I think the vast majority of people are glad for the change. The water bottles were crappy and scratched up and we not insulated...the rice krispies were gross....but in the end its nice to see a change.

If you had never gotten the old stuff...maybe someone on here has some extras they could give you.
I didn't say they had to give me or any return cruiser any gift. I am entitled to an opinion. And last time I checked, I was entitled to voice it here, just like everyone else. I have seen several other posts on this thread of people who liked the rice krispie treats too. and another poster who Posted very boldly that they were looking forward to the water bottle but you don't seem to be criticizing their post?? I personally did not find the water bottles to be crappy. We liked them. One of ours got lost and so now we only have 3 for a family of 4 and we were looking forward to being able to replace it this year so that everyone had one again. Excuse me for NOT agreeing with you. You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine. I think that they are slowly decreasing the gift and probably will continue to do so. It is their prerogative to do as they see fit/want.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #35
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer

You cant have too many backpacks! They look great to us and just the right size to carry on Castaway Cay in three weeks!
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5

Last edited by andersonfamily; 02-12-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: cait speal vety weill
andersonfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #36
pluto1979
DIS Veteran

I think people need to be a little bit more open in allowing people to voice their individual opinions. Lets all be Disney-like and not pass judgments nor blast someone for what they have to say.

Just my opinion but I think some of us might try to be a little bit nicer towards other peoples postings.

Happy Cruising to all!!!

Be sure to follow my blog about my life as a Disney Cast Member!
Disney Dreamer & Magic Maker
http://www.disneycm.blogspot.com
pluto1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #37
pluto1979
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
I didn't say they had to give me or any return cruiser any gift. I am entitled to an opinion. And last time I checked, I was entitled to voice it here, just like everyone else. I have seen several other posts on this thread of people who liked the rice krispie treats too. and another poster who Posted very boldly that they were looking forward to the water bottle but you don't seem to be criticizing their post?? I personally did not find the water bottles to be crappy. We liked them. One of ours got lost and so now we only have 3 for a family of 4 and we were looking forward to being able to replace it this year so that everyone had one again. Excuse me for NOT agreeing with you. You are entitled to your opinion. I am entitled to mine. I think that they are slowly decreasing the gift and probably will continue to do so. It is their prerogative to do as they see fit/want.
There is a set of water bottles listed on eBay right now! I just saw them listed and thought I would let you know.

Happy Sailing!!!

Be sure to follow my blog about my life as a Disney Cast Member!
Disney Dreamer & Magic Maker
http://www.disneycm.blogspot.com
pluto1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #38
joeyandangiesmom
Earning My Ears

After 23 cruises, all I really care about is the #1 boarding pass LOL!!!!
joeyandangiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #39
CMJeanae
Earning My Ears

I'll admit that I liked the RC treats but I always wound up with a year's supply (who am I kidding, a day's supply) after everyone else passed theirs on to me. And here I thought they were just being nice.

While I'll miss my sugar treats, I'm glad that their changing it up - new things to dislike! Er, like. The backpack looks great and while I really like the red duffle - once again I was the recipient of others'. Same with the water bottle, now that I think about it ... hm. For one of the people I last cruised with, it was because she had a full set of all the items and who needs waterbottle #9? I mean, you can only have so many waiting in your fridge. Unless you've got a bunch of teens but that's really planning for the rare guest. So new toys!

I do hope they keep switching it up every couple years or so. After all, most of the people getting these are regular cruisers and even if you don't like the new, it's better than getting another bag you like but don't need because you've got a dozen already. And both work as cheap presents to those left behind. Or ebay.
CMJeanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #40
simbasmom2
Just waitin around till boarding time!

My sister is on the Dream. I am excited about the new bag. Plenty of food on the ship!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #41
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Quote:
Oh man..if I were any good about going to the post office, I would send you ours that we don't use..we have extra of the clear and the white ones. I would ask your next cruise meet thread..i would certainly be willing to bring mine for you, if we were on the same cruise.

I am totally looking forward to the backpack!!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #42
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I wonder if it is big enough for snorkel gear?
I was wondering the same thing. The bag looks cool!

And thanks to whomever posted the picture!
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #43
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moffboyz2 View Post
http://

I am silver
Thanks for posting this!

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
djstweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #44
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto1979 View Post
I think people need to be a little bit more open in allowing people to voice their individual opinions. Lets all be Disney-like and not pass judgments nor blast someone for what they have to say.

Just my opinion but I think some of us might try to be a little bit nicer towards other peoples postings.

Happy Cruising to all!!!
I apologize to you if you thought I was rude in my response to the other poster, but EVERY time that poster and I end up on the same thread, that poster is 'picking' on someone about something they posted. I'm not one to go back and research someone's old posts, but I have yet to see that poster offer someone some helpful advice or make a positive comment. I'm not saying they haven't, but I've not seen it. I've only see a 'bully' side to them. And frankly, I'm tired of it, and I'm not going to fall victim to their bully tactics and comments.
Most members here are wonderful and kind and want to help...but every once in awhile there is a
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #45
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I personally did not find the water bottles to be crappy. We liked them. One of ours got lost and so now we only have 3 for a family of 4 and we were looking forward to being able to replace it this year so that everyone had one again.
I have quite a few extra white water bottles. If this is the style you are looking for, I would be more than happy to send one to you.

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: