Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #601
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie772 View Post
Carrie-Your ticker check caught my eye. A fellow Alabamaian here who will be at the Poly around the same time as you!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #602
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
We have gone for 2 week the last 2 Mays. Its been just Hrh and Poly in the past. This year because of spur of the moment Dec trip we took my May trip has been reworked about 100 times trying to stay within budget. The price of the Poly is problematic this year, but I just can't give it up no matter how many times I try. In comes BC and CSR. I think the cost of 3 nights at CSR= 1 at Poly.Bc of course will save us a few bucks, and I got a great rate at HRH 246.00 for CL. You gotta love Universal pricing.

My dh thinks I'm nuts, but I know you guys would understand. If I have to stay at 4 resorts to get 6 nights at Poly so be it. I am starting to think this might be fun. I'm going to have to learn not to overpack. Yeah right.
Sounds good to me! Hey, whatever it takes to get the job done, do it! I like the idea of split (4 ways) stays. It's basically 4 vacations in one. Each resort change is another adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Carrie-Your ticker check caught my eye. A fellow Alabamaian here who will be at the Poly around the same time as you!
Nice! Roll Tide! I like early June when I can get it. I prefer late May but I really thought we would get a horrible snow again and didn't want to plan too close to the end of school. Madison City did add in a few weather days, but sometimes those get taken up by Hurricane storms and tornados. At least it won't be too hot when we head out!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #603
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

We are checking in one week from right now We have a MV room so which building do I request? I want a nice room with a view and a balcony if possible. Any suggestions on making a request for a building with a MV view and balcony. Or a nice building request with the MV room?? TIA
Old 02-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #604
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynamewastaken View Post
We are checking in one week from right now We have a MV room so which building do I request? I want a nice room with a view and a balcony if possible. Any suggestions on making a request for a building with a MV view and balcony. Or a nice building request with the MV room?? TIA
By MV room do you mean Magic Kingdom view? If so, the MKV (usually referred to as TPV on the DIS - to save you confusion!) are mainly in Tahiti and Tuvalu (unless you are staying CL, then you would be in Hawaii). Between the two longhouses it depends on what you are looking for.

Tuvalu is a fairly small longhouse. It has a lovely view of the GF to the left and the dock where the small launches tie up to the right. There is no beach between it and the lagoon, so from your room it looks like you are right over the water. It is very close to the volcano pool and the GCH (restaurants, shops & Poly monorail platform). There is a small, very quiet beach on the GF side and it is close to the luau cove. Some nights you can hear the luau music, but it is never loud enough that you will hear it in your room. There are patios for the first floor rooms, but only balconies on the thrid floor, none on the second. If you request Tuvalu make sure you ask for third floor! We have stayed in Tuvalu and loved it. The location, for us was great.

The other, and more popular longhouse with TPV is Tahiti. It is larger & newer. There are balconies on both the second and third floor. It also has a very quiet beach. It is very close to the TTC. A lot of people consider this a big plus. The downside is it is farther from the main pool and GCH, which may not make it so convenient to just pop into CC's for a snack or to refill your mug.

Either way, the Poly isn't a huge property, so it isn't a huge walk to go anywhere. For example, we have made it from Tuvalu to the TTC in about 10 minutes if we walk briskly. You always have the option of riding the resort monorail around to the TTC if you're not in a hurry. As I said, it depends on what is more important for you.

Good luck with your planning and have a great trip!! And regardless of which longhouse you get I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

me DH DD23 DD12 DD9 Finnegan Daisy
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF ~ 2015 GF
Old 02-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #605
laura0528
Earning My Ears

All booked up!

So excited, we will be staying at the Poly 8/25-8/31. I haven't been there since I was 10. I can not wait to show my husband and 2 children (ds5, dd3), all the wonderful thing Disney has. I am looking forward to learning from everyone on here.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #606
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Well I am home from a great week at the Poly. And yes... I have the Poly blues already.

Now... we didn't stay CL this time so I let the Poly gods decide where we would stay and in what building. I don't think we had the best luck with this and next time I will be making a request. We were given room 1208 in Aotearoa which I did not like as far as location. It wasn't too bad because it was close to the GCH but so far from the buses. Next time I will request Rarotonga or Niue.

With that being said... we still had a great time! The room was nice and clean everyday. It was very quiet over there and we could see the Monorail outside of our room. The pool slide closed on Feb 6 but we don't use it anyway so it didn't make a difference to us.

I took a few pics of the Poly so I will load them a little later! We did book the bounceback offer for September before our Disney Dream cruise! I am not sure I can wait that long to return... I may have to sneak a trip in there somewhere!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #607
rebeccaohio
Earning My Ears

Help for First Timer!

Staying 3 nights at Poly in Oct. 2012. Booking GV room for 2 adults, 2 kids. Will only be visiting MK. View is not top priority, but convenience to GCH and pools are. Can anyone suggest a longhouse and floor that would be convenient and somewhat quiet? (I am a light sleeper.) TIA!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #608
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaohio View Post
Staying 3 nights at Poly in Oct. 2012. Booking GV room for 2 adults, 2 kids. Will only be visiting MK. View is not top priority, but convenience to GCH and pools are. Can anyone suggest a longhouse and floor that would be convenient and somewhat quiet? (I am a light sleeper.) TIA!
We stayed in Samoa and loved the location. It was very convenient to everything as it was just steps from the GCH, volcano pool/quiet pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks . We were on the first floor and weren't bothered by noise. Have a great trip.....the Poly is an awesome resort .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 02-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #609
philschrek
Earning My Ears

First Stay

Booked our first trip to the Poly with our 3 year old, infant, and 7 year old nephew. I can't wait! Now to just convince my nephew that the Poly will be as much or more fun than the WL!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #610
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
Well I am home from a great week at the Poly. And yes... I have the Poly blues already.

Now... we didn't stay CL this time so I let the Poly gods decide where we would stay and in what building. I don't think we had the best luck with this and next time I will be making a request. We were given room 1208 in Aotearoa which I did not like as far as location. It wasn't too bad because it was close to the GCH but so far from the buses. Next time I will request Rarotonga or Niue.

With that being said... we still had a great time! The room was nice and clean everyday. It was very quiet over there and we could see the Monorail outside of our room. The pool slide closed on Feb 6 but we don't use it anyway so it didn't make a difference to us.

I took a few pics of the Poly so I will load them a little later! We did book the bounceback offer for September before our Disney Dream cruise! I am not sure I can wait that long to return... I may have to sneak a trip in there somewhere!
Can't wait to see your pics and hear more about your trip! what kind of bounceback offer did you book? Glad you had a good time!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #611
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philschrek View Post
Booked our first trip to the Poly with our 3 year old, infant, and 7 year old nephew. I can't wait! Now to just convince my nephew that the Poly will be as much or more fun than the WL!
You will love the Poly and so will your nephew . Our favorite resort is the Poly, but the WL runs a very close second. I'm sure he'll have a great time once he gets there .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 02-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #612
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
I've stayed at both and Poly beats out WL for us. Don't forget you can walk to the GF or take the monorail to GF and Contemporary to enjoy those resorts as well!

If you want to, use the Neverland Club for any of the kids that are 3 or older and potty-trained. My kids love it!! It is very convenient being right at the Poly and we've found it to be one of the best kids club (theming and such - all of them are fun and friendly!)

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #613
204charity
DIS Veteran

Just checking my ticker! I can't believe how close we are getting to our trip! EEK!! Gettin' excited over here!!!!!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #614
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Your 7 year old nephew will LOVE it! I think the pool slide at the Poly is better then the WL. We almost did the WL in Oct. and changed our mind a few months prior and glad we did. I also think its easier to keep an eye out on the kids at this pool then the WL.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 02-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #615
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Poly has a much better slide, and the beach is right by the pool. It makes it easy to keep a eye on your kids. Most kids go back and forth from playing in the sand to playing in the pool. Enjoy your stay.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: