Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #31
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

They Look great, are these the headboards that Tiana is on?

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH

Last edited by buzznina; 02-10-2012 at 02:49 PM.
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #32
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Duplicate

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #33
elisern
Earning My Ears

Magnolia terrace corner room

thanks for posting the pics! Wondering what kind of view the corner rooms have? we have a king reserved for oct and asked for magnolia terrace. thanks Elise
elisern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #34
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Corner rooms have varying views depending on where in the building they are located. Sometimes the main window could look over the gardens for example, but the extra window on the other wall may give you a partial view of a pool.

There are some King Bed rooms which are located on corners so you might be able to get one of those if you put in a request. You could also ask for a water or river view if you wish, as there are King Bed rooms which fall into most categories.

Oh, and to keep this thread on track, there are a load more pics of the new rooms at: http://www.portorleans.org/gallery-POR-MB-Rooms.php

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #35
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisern View Post
thanks for posting the pics! Wondering what kind of view the corner rooms have? we have a king reserved for oct and asked for magnolia terrace. thanks Elise
I have had a corner bed room in Acadian Place and Oak Manor. In Oak Manor, I had the king bed room and it was near the quiet pool.

They have the extra window, so it does make it a bit brighter and airy looking. I like opening the curtains and adjusting the blinds ever so slightly to let the light in, but still have a bit of privacy.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #36
LiveToTravelNicely
Strolling the Boardwalk: January 2014!

River, King, Corner @ Refurbished Magnolia Bend Rooms

Hi! I was going to start a new thread, but I saw that you all were discussing King rooms, Corner Rooms, and Riverview Rooms. For our upcoming trip in September, I would really like all three... King, Corner, Riverview. I know this is probably not practical, so I order preference to 1st-Riverview, 2nd-King, 3rd-Corner. So, would you recommend, knowing my preference for River over King, reserving the Riverview category requesting a King/Corner or the King room category requesting a Riverview/Corner? Finally, am I asking too much to request all three? I don't want to offend the people reserving the rooms because I'm sure that they get a lot of specific requests! The king room category is a few dollars cheaper, but I would rather spend a little extra to ensure I have that view versus having a King room looking at the back parking lot. I have never been to POR before, so I wondered if anyone could share personal experiences with this, too. Last year we stayed at the Polynesian, and our request for 3rd floor, west side of Tokelau was granted during the busy Summer Season---I was so thrilled!! Thanks!
LiveToTravelNicely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #37
pmpdchef
Earning My Ears

Pictures with Trundle bed?

I love these pictures. Thank you for posting.

I have contemplated staying at here or French Quarter but was wondering about how much space it had. We have 5 in our family, the youngest of which is 8. Does anyone have any pictures of the trundle bed pulled out? Where is it located, over by the door? Under the other bed toward the bathroom? Just trying to get a feel how much room we would actually have to move around and not be on top of each other. I'm sure others would love to see a picture too if someone has one they would be willing to post.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #38
LiveToTravelNicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpdchef View Post
I love these pictures. Thank you for posting.

I have contemplated staying at here or French Quarter but was wondering about how much space it had. We have 5 in our family, the youngest of which is 8. Does anyone have any pictures of the trundle bed pulled out? Where is it located, over by the door? Under the other bed toward the bathroom? Just trying to get a feel how much room we would actually have to move around and not be on top of each other. I'm sure others would love to see a picture too if someone has one they would be willing to post.
Check out the link that follows. You are going to absolutely love this website if you are considering the Port Orleans hotels! The first link is the homepage of portorleans.org, and the second link has the pictures of the trundles beds that are under the TV in the new refurbished rooms at Alligator Bayou. From what I've read, AB is the only part of either PO hotel that has space for 5 people. Now I have to admit I have never been to POR or POFQ---going first time this September!---but this website provides a ton of information!
http://www.portorleans.org/
http://www.portorleans.org/gallery-g...rlyMermaid.php
Old 02-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveToTravelNicely View Post
Hi! I was going to start a new thread, but I saw that you all were discussing King rooms, Corner Rooms, and Riverview Rooms. For our upcoming trip in September, I would really like all three... King, Corner, Riverview. I know this is probably not practical, so I order preference to 1st-Riverview, 2nd-King, 3rd-Corner. So, would you recommend, knowing my preference for River over King, reserving the Riverview category requesting a King/Corner or the King room category requesting a Riverview/Corner? Finally, am I asking too much to request all three? I don't want to offend the people reserving the rooms because I'm sure that they get a lot of specific requests! The king room category is a few dollars cheaper, but I would rather spend a little extra to ensure I have that view versus having a King room looking at the back parking lot. I have never been to POR before, so I wondered if anyone could share personal experiences with this, too. Last year we stayed at the Polynesian, and our request for 3rd floor, west side of Tokelau was granted during the busy Summer Season---I was so thrilled!! Thanks!
You have a better chance of requesting riverview and booking a king bed room, if that is important to you. There are less king bed rooms available, than riverview. Some of the king bed rooms are also handicapped accessible, so depending on how busy the resort is that week, you may not get it unless you book it.

That being said, I seem to always get a king bed room, when I travel solo, without even requesting it. And more often than not, they were not corner rooms. But please don't get your hopes up too much. It is always best to expect the least and be surprised if you get all three.

Heck last year, we booked standard view (because that is all my traveling companions could afford. We booked the second child in my room, so we would be in the mansions. All we requested is connecting rooms.

Not only did we get connecting rooms, we have refurbished rooms and close to the bus stop without even asking for them. When I jumped up and down in front of the CM, she looked so happy - then I bounced "tigger-style" down to where they were checking in and very excitedly told them the good news. That CM was also grinning ear to ear. Best way to start the trip.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #40
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
You have a better chance of requesting riverview and booking a king bed room, if that is important to you. There are less king bed rooms available, than riverview.
Also, I've found out recently, there are no official "River View" category rooms which also contain King Beds; it works the other way around, i.e. some of the official King Bed category rooms do happen to face towards the river.

Of course there is room for manoeuvre within the system, but when the resort is very full it might be more difficult to change people around.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #41
LiveToTravelNicely

Tara and Andre- Thanks to you both! Andre- love the website, portorleans.org!
Old 02-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #42
pmpdchef
Earning My Ears

LIVETOTRAVELNICELY

Thank you so much for the website. What a wealth of info. Looks like a possibility for us. It will take me awhile to go through all that. Hope I can get the kids in bed early tonight.

(ps I wonder how close neighbors we are?)
Old 02-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #43
quigs3
Winds in the east, mist comin' in, like somethin' is brewin', about to begin!

Thank you for posting! POR has always been our favorite resort, and now we are looking forward even more to our trip in May!
quigs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #44
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Also, I've found out recently, there are no official "River View" category rooms which also contain King Beds; it works the other way around, i.e. some of the official King Bed category rooms do happen to face towards the river.

Andre
That makes sense, because the only times I have gotten a king bed were at Oak Manor near the quiet pool or in the courtyard view. I have had one riverview room, but it was two doubles.

Tags
por, port orleans photos, renovated room

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: