Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #1411
2boyshere
Mouseketeer

Flight arrives at 2, can I make a 5:30 dinner reservation?

Hi,
My flight arrives at 2 and I will be going to POP. Will we make a 5:30 dinner reservation at O'hanas (someone is picking us up)? Thanks!
Jan/2005: Carribean Beach,Jan/2005: First Disney Cruise on the Wonder,July 2005: Disneyland Hotel & Disneyland,November/2005: All Stars Music 11/10-14April/2006: 2nd Disney Cruise on the Wonder
August/2006: Pop Century,February 14-21 2007: Port Orleans Riverside, December 7-10, off site.
2boyshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #1412
2boyshere
Mouseketeer

Travel Time and making it to a dinner ressie

Hi,
My flight arrives at 2 and I will be going to POP. Will we make a 5:30 dinner reservation at O'hanas (someone is picking us up)? Thanks!
Jan/2005: Carribean Beach,Jan/2005: First Disney Cruise on the Wonder,July 2005: Disneyland Hotel & Disneyland,November/2005: All Stars Music 11/10-14April/2006: 2nd Disney Cruise on the Wonder
August/2006: Pop Century,February 14-21 2007: Port Orleans Riverside, December 7-10, off site.
2boyshere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #1413
rafale1
Earning My Ears

Thanks !!!

Thanks for the info, Siskaren,Jcarwash and Goofy4think thanls alot for your descriptions of the airport it will help

We'll go with options ones and let our luggage be handle by DME.

I have one last question we'll have 3 suitcase would there be any problems if we put DME tags on 2 let DME handle these 2 and for the third one i don't put a tag and pick it up myself and bring it with us to the DME bus.

What do you guys think? i don;t think this with cause confusion or problems?

Thanks

Rafale
rafale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #1414
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafale1 View Post
I have one last question we'll have 3 suitcase would there be any problems if we put DME tags on 2 let DME handle these 2 and for the third one i don't put a tag and pick it up myself and bring it with us to the DME bus.
Not a problem. You can tag whatever you want for DME handling. Your tagged bags aren't loaded onto your bus but are transported separately via truck. You can pick up your untagged bag and have it loaded underneath your bus when you get on. Make sure to tip your driver.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #1415
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafale1 View Post
Thanks for the info, Siskaren,Jcarwash and Goofy4think thanls alot for your descriptions of the airport it will help

We'll go with options ones and let our luggage be handle by DME.

What do you guys think? i don;t think this with cause confusion or problems?

Thanks

Rafale
It won't cause any confusion, but the best part about letting DME handle the bags is being able to skip baggage claim. Why create more work for yourself when you don't have to?

I would just pack everything you'll need for the first 24 hours in your carry ons (which you should always do anyway) and let DME handle all of the bags.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #1416
happy2go2wdwmom
I love that great song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
It won't cause any confusion, but the best part about letting DME handle the bags is being able to skip baggage claim. Why create more work for yourself when you don't have to?

I would just pack everything you'll need for the first 24 hours in your carry ons (which you should always do anyway) and let DME handle all of the bags.
Totally agree! We always pack our 24 hour bag/bakpacks as our carry ons and this works out great. Our bags include next day outfit, sunscreen, bathing suit, goggles, toothbrush and other toiletries, pj's...plus one of our carry ons is also our park bag for the day...when we check in at the resort, we drop off our 24 hour bag and keep only the park backpack and away we go.... You may find you need less than you think. Getting your own luggage will cut into your vacationtime b/c you will have to wait for it to come off of the conveyor and then cart it to the DME bus, then pay a tip to get it on the bus, then tip bellman at resort...I say skip this if you can help it.
70's Fav ride 20,000 Leagues UTS; '03 June AKL-DF,DFH,DFS(4),DFS(5),MeDH, DS(4);'04 June HOJO'S Enchantedland-DH, DS(5), DSis (Eyeore) to WDW, Universal, SeaWorld; May '05 ASMo DDP--"OUR PERFECT DREAM COME TRUE VACATION" DH, DS(6); May '07 DDP-POP! w/ DH and DS(8)-SeaWorld;May '08 Free upgrade to CBR and PPP; April '09 Disney Wonder then Universal for SPRING BREAK-DH, DS(10),DF,DFH,DFS(9),DF(11); July '09 PC w/ DH and DS (10);May '10 CSR w/ $500 WDW gc w/DH & DS; Nov '10 PC w/ our middle schooler DS 11!! F&W, Festival of the Masters and "Christmas" at WDW and SW. July 20-26, '11 DS 12, DH (-63 lbs and counting) Y.E.S. Program, PC 5 day premium DQ, TL June 20-27, '12 First TEEN trip!!! DS and DH (-96 lbs and counting!) YES program and BG Tampa~Grabbing those quaility moments while we can! Feb. 22-25, '13 Sistah Tripping! DSis (54) and me (51), Pop Century - had res at CSR but extended stay at PC instead July 2013 - St. Pete Beach/Clearwater BG-Tampa Trip w/ DH and DS14 years old
June 2014-Universal trip w UAP and w DH and DS15--Portofino, Cabana Bay Resort, Hard Rock-club level!!!
happy2go2wdwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #1417
happy2go2wdwmom
I love that great song!

Quote:

Totally agree! We always pack our 24 hour bag/bakpacks as our carry ons and this works out great. Our bags include next day outfit, sunscreen, bathing suit, goggles, toothbrush and other toiletries, pj's...plus one of our carry ons is also our park bag for the day...when we check in at the resort, we drop off our 24 hour bag and keep only the park backpack and away we go.... You may find you need less than you think. Getting your own luggage will cut into your vacationtime b/c you will have to wait for it to come off of the conveyor and then cart it to the DME bus, then pay a tip to get it on the bus, then tip bellman at resort...I say skip this if you can help it.
70's Fav ride 20,000 Leagues UTS; '03 June AKL-DF,DFH,DFS(4),DFS(5),MeDH, DS(4);'04 June HOJO'S Enchantedland-DH, DS(5), DSis (Eyeore) to WDW, Universal, SeaWorld; May '05 ASMo DDP--"OUR PERFECT DREAM COME TRUE VACATION" DH, DS(6); May '07 DDP-POP! w/ DH and DS(8)-SeaWorld;May '08 Free upgrade to CBR and PPP; April '09 Disney Wonder then Universal for SPRING BREAK-DH, DS(10),DF,DFH,DFS(9),DF(11); July '09 PC w/ DH and DS (10);May '10 CSR w/ $500 WDW gc w/DH & DS; Nov '10 PC w/ our middle schooler DS 11!! F&W, Festival of the Masters and "Christmas" at WDW and SW. July 20-26, '11 DS 12, DH (-63 lbs and counting) Y.E.S. Program, PC 5 day premium DQ, TL June 20-27, '12 First TEEN trip!!! DS and DH (-96 lbs and counting!) YES program and BG Tampa~Grabbing those quaility moments while we can! Feb. 22-25, '13 Sistah Tripping! DSis (54) and me (51), Pop Century - had res at CSR but extended stay at PC instead July 2013 - St. Pete Beach/Clearwater BG-Tampa Trip w/ DH and DS14 years old
June 2014-Universal trip w UAP and w DH and DS15--Portofino, Cabana Bay Resort, Hard Rock-club level!!!
happy2go2wdwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #1418
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Are the DME vouchers and bag tags coming about 4 weeks or 45 days before your vacation? DD is anxiously awaiting something from WDW for our Spring Break trip and we're at 51 days now (yes, we're counting). I can't remember if we can be on the look-out soon or if we're really another month away. (I'm probably confusing the time for paying on resort packages -- we're doing room only.)

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #1419
emilymad
DIS Veteran

I didn't read the whole thread so very sorry if this was already discussed. I am helping a friend plan their Disney trip. They want to take DME back to the airport on their last day but they are staying that night at a Marriott by the airport. Their travel agent signed them up for DME but said they could call the day before their last day to tell DME what time they want to get picked up. Is this true? I have never used DME other than the traditional way.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #1420
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Are the DME vouchers and bag tags coming about 4 weeks or 45 days before your vacation? DD is anxiously awaiting something from WDW for our Spring Break trip and we're at 51 days now (yes, we're counting). I can't remember if we can be on the look-out soon or if we're really another month away. (I'm probably confusing the time for paying on resort packages -- we're doing room only.)
In my experience it's about 4 weeks or 30-35 days before, although I was never sure if that was the common timing, or if it always followed my final payment. I tend to do the final payment right before the 45 day deadline, and then about about a week later the Mickey mail arrived.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #1421
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
I didn't read the whole thread so very sorry if this was already discussed. I am helping a friend plan their Disney trip. They want to take DME back to the airport on their last day but they are staying that night at a Marriott by the airport. Their travel agent signed them up for DME but said they could call the day before their last day to tell DME what time they want to get picked up. Is this true? I have never used DME other than the traditional way.
No, DME is only for transportation to and from Disney-operated resorts on the Disney property. Also when you stay at a Disney hotel DME gives you pickup information based on your outgoing flight time; you don't call them to specify what you want.

If they are staying close to the airport I would guess that hotel would probably have their own airport shuttle of some kind. Otherwise they will have to arrange for a taxi or some other transportation. Mears (which does operate DME for Disney by the way) is an example of a service where you can arrange a pickup.

UPDATE: After reading subsequent replies I realized I didn't understand the question. I thought it was if DME would pick you up at a non-Disney hotel. Now I get it that the question is about taking DME to the airport from a Disney resort but not on the flight day.

Last edited by jcarwash; 02-10-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: misunderstood original question
Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #1422
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are they going from a WDW resort to the airport? If so, then yes, they can do that.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #1423
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are they going from a WDW resort to the airport? If so, then yes, they can do that.
Thanks! They are going from POR to the airport and then will arrange seperately with the other hotel. I just never heard of using DME without flight information and being able to call the day before to arrange a time.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #1424
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! They are going from POR to the airport and then will arrange seperately with the other hotel. I just never heard of using DME without flight information and being able to call the day before to arrange a time.
I wouldn't wait until the night before. I would rather just get it taken care of before I even got to WDW. I would be afraid that I'd forget or that the employee I talk to on the phone would screw something up. It would be better to do it early so that they have time to get confirmation.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #1425
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I wouldn't wait until the night before. I would rather just get it taken care of before I even got to WDW. I would be afraid that I'd forget or that the employee I talk to on the phone would screw something up. It would be better to do it early so that they have time to get confirmation.
Have to agree. I would want it taken care of to begin with. It's hard to remember to do stuff once you get to WDW..you get caught up in the fun, and leave things until too late. So....I would have the travel agent call and have DME put on for the return to MCO. They can just explain to the DME person that they are heading back to the airport for the evening...so can leave later in the day...they aren't dependent on flight times.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: