Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
Cin
DIS Veteran

The Unbirthday Girls are baaack from the Funnest Unbirthday Trip So Far! January 2012

We spent 9 nights, 9 days and it was all a fun filled blur, (and Mom tried to pick up a Prince).

Who? Just us girls on our first ever getaway! Mom and Me. That's us above.

When? January 21-29, 2012.

Where? We stayed at Pop Century 1 night.
Then Port Orleans French Quarter for 8 nights.

Dining was great! We had all good experiences and there was only 1 that we voted not to return to. More on that later.
Here's where we ate:
Pop Century Food Court
Boatwright's Dining Hall
Ghiardeli Chocolate/Ice Cream
50's Prime Time Cafe
California Grill
Port Orleans French Quarter Sassagoula Floatworks food court
Le Chef's de France
Rose & Crown Dining Room
Restaurantosaurus
Boma
Liberty Tree Tavern
Le Cellier
Via Napoli
Main Street Bakery
Captain's Grill
Garden View Lounge
Akershus
Lotus Blossom Cafe
'Ohana

We enjoyed our meals and desserts and did a lot of dining but also a lot of walking too.
1 day at Animal Kingdom
1 day at Disney's Hollywood Studios
1.5 days at Magic Kingdom
4 days at EPCOT

Trip reporting is going to be a lot harder than trip planning was I can tell already. I took a spiral notebook to make notes at the end of each day, but do you think I bothered to touch it even once? Oh no...I had my trusty camera and had it all on the memory card.

So, the plan was I was doing a photojournal starting at my sleepy little airport and the plan was to capture the entire trip. Which I did rather well, even to the point of purchasing more batteries at the resort gift shop (Twice!) so I could save every moment. Mom was even great at letting me get pics of her food before devouring it and oh! I came home with over a thousand pictures! That's the good news.

But... due to operator error in downloading, there was a loss of the first half of my trip. (Stupid me, I made the same error and lost our family reunion pics last year too, the same way, anyhow, I did IT again.) If hubby hadn't been watching me try to create and put my pics in their own neat little file folder, they would have all been lost. Sooo, thanks to my HERO husband I was able to save the rest of the pics and still have the last 4 days to share. And now with no photojournal and an empty spiral, well it could get a bit blurry as the memories have already run together.

Travels went well, and I met up with Mom in Houston and we flew in to Orlando together. See, there is Orlando down there.

We only got lost once in the airport trying to find the right direction to get the monorail tram thing to the main building.

It was easy to find the Magical Express and we were greeted and boarded on a bus immediately.
We boarded immediately and we were on our way!

Almost there.. on Disney roads now!

Yay! At the resort!
We checked in to Pop Century around 1:30 pm and headed straight to the food court for some lunch. Lucky for you, I took a pic with my cellphone. I had the chicken alfredo with salad and a breadstick. Yum.

We enjoyed the food court's food. The food was hot and fresh and very tasty too. I hadn't expected it to be as good as it was. But then again I dine on hospital food regularly, so.... We had lunch there as well as breakfast the following morning. The food court layout was confusing at first and hard to navigate as we thought we were in the wrong place when we entered the gift shop. I didn't understand the gift shop idea in the food court, all I could think of was all those people eating and then touching the merchandise and thought what a bad idea it was.

Our room was in the 50's section. We were in building 1 up above Lady facing the bowling pin pool. It was a nice view and a good location and close proximity to the main building/food/bus stop. Everything looked new and fresh and very well cared for. The resort was cute and we loved the different themes and the decor and walk down Memory Lane. It was fun to reminisce.

Our room was comfortable, clean, and decent enough for our stay. I would compare to it in quality to a Motel 6, not fancy and no frills, but it has the basics and will work for a couple of nights. The decor was plain and simple and really sort of sad and lacking when compared to the usual detailing I have been used to with Disney. The room itself was fine and we had plenty of room for 2 adults for only a short stay. We had enough dresser space but it was just barely enough for our things as the drawers are small and don't hold much.

The dressing area was small, but functional and the bath area was large and plenty of elbow room in there. There was a curtain to close off the dressing area. The bath area was much larger at POP and we sure missed it when we moved to POFQ as it had a very tiny bathroom.

The curtains closed completely and the air conditioner seemed to be working quietly and efficiently. There was not a ceiling fan though.

The mattresses were firm but soft, similar to the feel of a pillowtop type mattress, but I don't think it was a pillowtop. Mom and I both liked the beds here MUCH better than the firmer mattresses at Port Orleans French Quarter.

We used the concierege desk numerous times and always had great service. On check out and transfer to Port Orleans French Quarter, they handled the luggage and even sent someone up to our room to get it for us and they transported it over to our new resort.

Although I would stay here again for an overnighter or weekender, I would not choose to stay here though for week's stay though as it was just a busy place with lots of activity, sound, color, and vibrant life. The overall resort atmosphere was hustle and bustle and it was full of energy and excitement. There was a lot of sounds/noise everywhere and especially at the main pool. The sound did tend to travel quite some distance too. Not restful at all but there is no doubt you are immersed in Disney there.

If I had small children or teens, this would be a great fun place to stay, crowded, but FUN.

BOATWRIGHT'S and OTHER STUFF

Son and Daughter in law drove in from Daytona Beach and met us in the food court. We did some resort touring, took lots of fun photos, which I deleted in my downloads, stoopid me

We drove over to Port Orleans Riverside resort and toured there too. It is a beautiful resort set in the Old South complete with spanish moss draping the trees and the banjos playing. This is the sister resort French Quarter.

We all loved the look of the mansions and we did take a peep inside the window of an empty room. The mansion rooms looked very very nice inside. We all voted we would like to stay there sometime. The Alligator Bayou section was themed very cutely too and although the room decor there is rustic, the closest building to the action/food/drinks/boats/concierege was the rustic looking Alligator Bayou.

We ate at Boatwright's for dinner. Mom had the jambalaya, Son had the crawdads with remoulade sauce, and daughter and I had both had the VooDoo Chicken. The service was good, the food was out to our table very quickly and was hot and fresh. Four of us dined here Jan 21 for dinner. The chicken was served though as a quarter piece with the wing still attached and on the bone. I would have much preferred boneless chicken. The menu selections were very limited and picky eaters may have difficulty finding a choice here. There was a steak entree but it way overpriced for my budget and came with macaroni and cheese and a crawdad beignet. (I can't imagine the calorie count for that entree.) I had a difficult time choosing an entree but I settled on the chicken. It was served with beans and rice and had a good flavor but it was still on the bone and that bothered me. I really would have been happy with a salad or nice cajun seasoned burger with cajun mayo but they did not offer it on the menu. I would dine here again if someone in my party wanted to, as it was tasty but it just doesn't suit my dining preferences.

We tried to get a ride on the horse and carriage but they were booked until 8pm and it was only 6 so we opted to pass and not wait seeing as we had already walked the resort and seen everything, saving me $45. So we stopped in to check out YeeHaw Bob who was just finishing a set and taking a break, drats! We planned to come back and catch him another time, so we took the ferry over to Downtown Disney and did some window shopping.

Arribas Bros.

Making the castle:

And the finished product!

We wanted this one too. Only $37,500. We'll take 2 please.

All that window shopping and wish listing at Arribas Bros. made us hungry and my daughter in law smelled Ghiardelli chocolate, so we just had to get some. She found some free chocolate samples inside, but all I found was the line to order a hot fudge sundae. And for January it was a loong line and the place was packed! They gave me a number and we found a table outside to dine at. It seemed to take a long long time but finally we got our sundae. I wasn't too happy with the cost, as it was around $8 for an ice cream, but Mom and I shared it and when we couldn't finish it, DS & DD grabbed spoons and polished it off for us. It was really good ice cream and great chocolate. Rather pricey for 1 person unless you plan on subbing it for a meal, but for a small group it was just right. After all that, we rode back on the ferry to Port Orleans Riverside and DS drove us back to POP Century and dropped Mom and I off, while they went back to Downtown Disney for a while.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post43986114
2013 Pre Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871882
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2012 - Pop Century/Port Orleans French Quarter
2014 - Pop Century
Prince Charming is staying home and I'm going to Disneyworld!

Last edited by Cin; 02-29-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Cin
DIS Veteran

Via Napoli Review.

I'm glad we had an ADR for Via Napoli as the line waiting at the check in desk was half a block long. It was all the way back to the fountain! Before standing in it forever though, like I almost did just to check in, I went to the front to ask where to check in for reservations. Well, it turns out all those people were on standby waiting for a table and did not have an ADR. Which we did. So no line for us, as they seated us immediately! It was VIP treatment indeed when I went to get Mom and tell her in front of all the others in the forever line that we could be seated now.

That was a good start and we were expecting something really great. Now we get inside and the place was so loud we could barely talk. The food was okay but just okay. We didn't eat much of the bread and olive oil because we were saving room for our entrees. Well, the olive oil was sooo deliciously good and had a wonderfully fruity flavor, and I should have eaten much more of it, as it was one of the best things about our meal. Mom and I shared the candele pasta and a single portion proscuitto melon pizza.

You can see in the photo how large the pizza was and that was the single size. Sadly, the pasta was just above Chef Boyardee in taste. It really didn't have much flavor although it looked good. There was a white sauce on top (bechamel I think) that Mom didn't like at all and she scraped it off. I thought the white sauce was okay but the dish overall was very bland and boring. We have had much better at the Olive Garden chain and I was expecting a comparable quality. The pizza was good. We enjoyed the flavor very much but it is the crust that really made this dish what it is. The proscuitto was not cooked and still cold (which I didn't like at all) and just added on top afterward.
We have a Grimaldi’s pizza here in Texas that is far superior (A Brooklyn NY pizza chain) and I guess I was comparing it to what I am used to.
The tiramisu was decent and I would order it again although Olive Garden’s is better too. Mom had the zeppole and it was just okay but not memorable.

The restaurant is decorated nicely inside and has a lot to offer the eye. The high cathedral ceilings though seem to echo the sound throughout and it is not a quiet place. You won't find a quiet relaxing meal here, but it was fine since Disney picked up my dining tab. If I had paid OOP though...

We were very disappointed with Via Napoli. This was average quality food at exhorbitant prices. The food overall was good but not great, and the noise and the prices were big red X's and for that, out of all the places we have dined at so far in WDW, this is the only one that got a DNR. Do Not Return.
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century

Last edited by Cin; 03-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #3
Cin
DIS Veteran

POFQ (Disney's New Awlins)

First full day and first day in the parks! We were up early, I guess we were excited. Checking in to Port Orleans French Quarter is first on on agenda.

Switching resorts was so simple. I went to the concierege desk at Pop Century and told them I was checking in to Port Orleans French Quarter and they asked if our bags were ready. When I said yes, they sent someone up to the room and transported them for us. DS and DD met us for breakfast and we drove over to POFQ. First was breakfast at Pop Century. We weren't really hungry so we split a bagel with cream cheese and a fruit bowl. The fruit was not very ripe and we sort of picked at it and only ate half.

POFQ entrance:

A bit closer.

Almost there:

Very pretty.

The lobby.

Check in was really simple there too and we set up charging to our room and then put all our cash on our card so we didn't have to deal with money throughout the trip.

Even though it was only about 9 am, they had a room ready for us already!

We got all my requests which was building 4, corner room, upper level.

Look how close we are to the food court!

We loved our room!

The essentials. Queen sized beds.

Mattresses were firm but a bit too firm for us and we did not find them to be very comfortable. The sheets were flat and not fitted on bottom and wouldn't stay tucked. The top bedspread was very heavy and we both ended up kicking it off as it was just too much.

Seating area. Very cozy and room for two but that's all.

The other essentials. TV, Dresser, Coffee. Fridge concealed below.

Dressing area. Very large.

Bath area. Very tiny. No handrail in shower, Mom complained to desk.

Good sized room and we were quite comfortable.

MICKEY!

We've moved in! The lived in look.

I have never been to New Awlins (New Orleans) but Mom has many times so I asked her if our resort was anything like the real thing and how accurate Disney was in representing. She said yes, it was like being there and she really enjoyed our resort stay.

Up next: Resort Pics
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century

Last edited by Cin; 03-04-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Cin
DIS Veteran

POFQ (Disney's New Awlins) Resort Pix, A walkabout with camera.

Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort.

We stayed there 8 nights. The resort was very quiet overall and one of the first things we noticed when getting off the bus every day was how quiet and peaceful it was here as compared to the hustle and bustle and frenetic park pace. All the buildings were painted and designed to look like different row houses and you can see the different rooftops and colors of the individual "houses".

It was a really cute little resort and it was like what you think old timey New Orleans was like. We were in building 4 which is closest to the main building and bus stops. It was so conveinent to everything and we loved our location.

Wrought ironwork was throughout the resort and it was really pretty.

Different wrought iron patterns:

The walkways were configured too so that each house had a front yard and even fences that separated the front yards from one another.

1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century

Last edited by Cin; 03-05-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Cin
DIS Veteran

POFQ (Disney's New Awlins) Resort Pix, A walkabout with camera. Part !!

The resort is beautifully themed and it definitely was not in-your-face Disney like the value resorts are. This was a perfect place to relax and enjoy the resort itself. This would be great place for honeymooners. The resort was small enough to navigate easily and had a lot of places to sit and enjoy the beautiful gardens and the wildlife that abounds.

Isn't this beautiful?

There was a ferry that took us from our resort to Downtown Disney and back. We used that a couple of times and found it to be a pleasant ride that was also very relaxing and peaceful. It was a nice change from the busses and seemed to be about the same time wise to travel.

Bus stops were covered and very nice. Bench seats, newspaper, and vending.

$2.75 for 1 soda. A gentle reminder we are in Disney's World.

Bus service to the parks was fine. We did share with Riverside but only some trips. Bus service was efficient and we had no complaints except that the bus was cold from the air conditioning.

Hot tub.

Poolside bar. I told the guy seated, "No worries, you won't be on Facebook."

Natural wildlife was abundant. Not camera shy either.

There was an entertainer, Eliot Dyson, that sang and played jazz there off the main entrance in the evenings. He was very entertaining and professional. It was fun for all ages. There were children dancing up in front and everyone else was singing along. He's certainly worth stopping in to have some fun with. You can feel the joy in the room and Disney fun.

Great nightly entertainment Weds-Sat.

1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century

Last edited by Cin; 03-05-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
Cin
DIS Veteran

POFQ (Disney's New Awlins) Resort Pix, A walkabout with camera. part 3

Food court was very colorful and very festive inside.

The food court dining area was colorful but creepy with those giant masks and Mardi Gras decorations suspended above. I don't care much for the giant faces. Too weird. The food court was laid out with the entry at the check out line so it was congested trying to enter as people were in line paying for their food. The food was good for lunch and dinner, but selections were very limited for breakfast. The eggs that were scrambled tasted like powder and not good at all. The potatoes however, were from fresh diced red potatoes and cooked with onion and were very good! All the food was good enough except for the scrambled eggs. Oddly enough, the omelets were really good and the eggs didn't have that powdered taste and texture. Dessert selection was very limited and was either a cookie and pastry. Carrot cake would have been nice or even a piece of pie, but it wasn't available.

Cute theming.

We loved this resort! Everyone here seemed to be genuinely happy and you could tell they really liked working here. The staff was very friendly and even the housekeepers and groundskeepers waved hi to us.

Overall Impression and thoughts:

The rooms were large enough for two of us to be comfortable and we had a large dresser with plenty of drawer space for a week's stay. We needed about twice as many hangers as they gave us though and we are only 2 people. The dressing area was large and had 2 sinks with decent lighting overhead. The bath area was very tiny though and I managed fine but for Mom and a cane, it was difficult. The beds were new but the mattresses were much too firm for us and we had a hard time sleeping as we are both used to a memory foam mattress. There was good lighting for reading at night, and a ceiling fan. The air conditioner was quiet and worked well. We set it on 69 and it stayed that way the entire trip. I never had to reset it. We had a coffeemaker in room and it worked fine. The refrigerator was iced over inside and in need of attention but it did keep our drinks cold and worked fine. It was clean. Our room was clean and comfortable overall. There were plenty of thick towels available. Towels were also available at the pool so you didn't have to bring your room towels. The tv channel selections though was pretty much all Disney and a few sports channels and a japanese station.

We would definitely stay here again. I would request a room in building 4 or 5 to be near the bus stop and food court. We were right next to the food court on the upper level and it was a quick trip down the steps to get drink refills and to the bus stop. There was a little early morning sound as children were loud going to the food court, but we were up anyway, and it wasn't enough to bother us.

This was definitely worth the price difference over the value resorts.
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century

Last edited by Cin; 03-05-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #7
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Cin, you are not alone! I am reading along.

That's a great restuarant list in your first post....can't wait to read your reviews.

That's disappointing about Via Napoli. I've seen reviews similar to yours regarding the take-out window, but usually the in-restaurant reviews are pretty good.

I've never set foot on POFQ, but I've floated by on the Sassagoula, heading from POR to DTD and back. I'm glad you liked the resort!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
Cin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Cin, you are not alone! I am reading along.

That's a great restuarant list in your first post....can't wait to read your reviews.

That's disappointing about Via Napoli. I've seen reviews similar to yours regarding the take-out window, but usually the in-restaurant reviews are pretty good.

I've never set foot on POFQ, but I've floated by on the Sassagoula, heading from POR to DTD and back. I'm glad you liked the resort!

Hi Glennbo and welcome!
(Finally a reader!...)

Now that I am through the preliminaries and have set the stage, I can get to the fun part - the parks and the food!
Stay tuned... and thanks for joining in.
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century
Old 03-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

I am here as well! Your pics are GORGEOUS!!! I would LOVE to stay here; alas we have 6 that must sleep, so either two rooms...or maybe a trip sometime without children....THAT sounds like a good idea to me! The resort looks SO fun and I am happy you are sharing so many pictures with us!
Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
Cin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
I am here as well! Your pics are GORGEOUS!!! I would LOVE to stay here; alas we have 6 that must sleep, so either two rooms...or maybe a trip sometime without children....THAT sounds like a good idea to me! The resort looks SO fun and I am happy you are sharing so many pictures with us!
Hi Blessedmom! Glad you could join in.
We had beautiful weather and couldn't have asked for better for January.
It was so much fun, I can't wait to return again next year.
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century
Old 03-05-2012, 03:23 AM   #11
Annal606
Mouseketeer

Good thread, I always like them.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #12
Cin
DIS Veteran

!st park day! DHS, 50's Prime Time and California Grill

Oh boy! First park day and we have been so excited and ready for this. After a quick check in and room tour, all 4 of us hopped on the DHS bus.

Checking lines app. Smile you're on candid camera! Mom was ready with her smile.

See that tall reddish building over there? That's Tower of Terror. I will NOT be riding that.

So exciting. Front gate. Almost inside now.

And we're in.

Cute Mickey icons.

Hey we're famous! We made it. Hollywood and Vine.

Potty break anyone?

Love this ride. No wait.

DD and DS went off to ride this and the crazy Tower of Terror.

Mom and I did this. Shopping.

and this... dining. Butterfinger cupcake. Available only here.

Then it was off to lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe.
It's around the corner here.

We shared the chicken dinner plate. It came with 4 pieces of fried chicken and I ate the wing, Mom had the breast, DS had the thigh, and DD had the drumstick. They ordered a plate of onion rings to share too. We all had plenty of food and had a great meal. I can't wait to go back. The theming was cute and we all had fun with our waiter. He interacted a little but not too much as I think DS upstaged him. When we entered DS and DD both were carrying a beer that they had gotten at the Tune In Lounge and so our waiter made a comment about them and would they like a children's menu. My son immediately replied great, I'd like to see it, and is there a special on twins? Then it sort of just took off from there and we were all laughing so hard at DS and the waiter interacting. I think DS was a bit faster and had the waiter speechless a couple of times honestly.

After all that, we all headed over to watch some action shows:

I love this fountain.

We also saw The Magic of Animation with Mushu and the live narrator. That was really amazing as it seemed like the computer image was really interacting with the cast member. Great acting on his part. We planned on doing the drawing class too but got lost somehow coming out of the animation building and so we just kept going.

We stopped in and saw Beauty and the Beast stage show. What a wonderful production! It was Broadway quality and far above the street entertainment I was expecting. We tried to figure out whether it was live or lip sync'ed, and we decided it was live after all. Amazing talent and voices. Wonderful show.

A quick stop in Writer's Stop for a carrot cake cookie. We had heard the hype and had to try it for ourselves. That thing was huge. It was really like a moonpie as it was two soft cookies with a huge gob of cream cheese frosting in the middle sandwiched together. This we took home and ate for breakfast the next day. Wow, was it sweet! Enough for two to share as well.

DS and DD had to go home and get back to work the next day, so we said our goodbyes and headed back to the resort to get ready for dinner.

We rested about an hour and then went to the concierege desk and had them call us a cab for dinner. By the time we walked through the lobby and out the door, the cab was already there waiting for us. It probably took 8 minutes to get to the Contemporary Resort from POFQ and it only cost us $14 for the trip. The cab driver was very helpful and asked where we were dining. He was able to tell us that we needed to go to the 2nd floor for check in and was very friendly.

You feel very pampered dining at the California Grill. We were escorted up a special members only elevator with a doorman and everything. That was nice. I am used to having to push my own buttons, lol. Once we exited, the view was amazing. There was a wall of windows and you could see the entire Magic Kingdom and the Seven Seas Lagoon and all the resorts.

We were seated immediately at a window table! How nice.

Mom had the salmon and I had the apple salad with pumpkin dressing and chicken flatbread.

We shared the flatbread and we both really liked it quite a bit. I loved the apple salad and the pumpkin dressing was tart like a viniagrette and had the best flavor ever. We shared a sorbet dessert. Everything was fabulous and we had a very memorable meal. (Images by disneycontemporary.com)

Apple salad with pumpkin dressing. Muy Delicioso!

We had a great view of the fireworks and it brought tears of joy to my eyes when they lowered the lights and piped in the music from Wishes. At first we had trouble seeing because everyone left their seats and crowded at the windows but after a couple of minutes they all moved outside and we had the place to ourselves and had a wonderful view right from our table! I couldn't have asked for a better way to start our trip.

After dinner, getting back to our resort was so easy. We simply caught the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom and then went to our bus stop and caught the bus back to our resort.

Whew! We had a long fun day and were definitely ready for a hot bath/shower and bed.

Another fun day ahead as tomorrow we visit EPCOT, Chefs de France and Rose & Crown Dining Room.
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century

Last edited by Cin; 03-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #13
Cin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annal606 View Post
Good thread, I always like them.

Hi Annal, Welcome.
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century
Old 03-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
Cin
DIS Veteran

Houston - we have a problem. Oh this is not good. TR may be affected.

Well, it seems my much loved and much used computer will not turn on. So Geeksquad is taking a look at it and going to see what can be done. I am hoping for the best since all my pics and more are all in there and I have no back ups.

So for now, my computer access is this decrepit laptop that barely works. It locks up or overheats and shuts down mid task. My hubs dug out of the recesses and blew the dust and cobwebs off to get me by for now. It will only run about 15 min at a time. Not sure why we still have it?

I am going shopping when hubs gets off work and getting a new laptop! But still hoping for restoration of my treasured desktop. It's only 2 years old, so I'm expecting it to be repairable.

For now, the trip report will be on hold and will be resumed shortly. Stay tuned...
1984 - offsite Kissimmee
1997 - Port Orleans
2010 - All Star Music
2014 - Pop Century

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: