Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #196
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
yeah, we did like CSR. The only downside was it is so spread out if you don't have a car and really hate taking buses like I do! However it has a great pool and playground, beautiful water, palm trees, quiet pools, etc. If you can save $615 I would definitely consider it.
The pool won't be as issue for this trip. Since we're going in January we're not doing any pools or water parks. Once all the craziness with my fil dies down (he was in the hospital again this week), and we find out if we are going on a vacation this summer, we'll decide on the resort. Then I'm sure I'll change it again before we go, and then upgrade it to where I really want it when (thinking positively) they announce free dining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
This past year the free dining offer was introduced mid August, but I think since then, Disney has slowed down the lead time on those types of announcements, so it maybe later this year.

As for how you hear about it, some people will start to get PIN codes for the offer before it's offered to the general public. How you get those PIN's is anyone's guess. Some believe that if you go onto the website and build/save different trips that will help, same with ordering planning DVD and maps. But once it's offered to the public you can find it listed here.
I just hope they announce it sooner than later. Plus I wish the 2013 packages would come out. I would feel better if I could finally change our current November 2012 package to a January 2013 one.

Well I'm off to knit. I'm currently making a shawl for my mil. Hopefully, I will get it done soon and then I can figure out how to make the duel color Mickey head scarf that I want to make for our January trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #197
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
The pool won't be as issue for this trip. Since we're going in January we're not doing any pools or water parks. Once all the craziness with my fil dies down (he was in the hospital again this week), and we find out if we are going on a vacation this summer, we'll decide on the resort. Then I'm sure I'll change it again before we go, and then upgrade it to where I really want it when (thinking positively) they announce free dining.

I just hope they announce it sooner than later. Plus I wish the 2013 packages would come out. I would feel better if I could finally change our current November 2012 package to a January 2013 one.

Well I'm off to knit. I'm currently making a shawl for my mil. Hopefully, I will get it done soon and then I can figure out how to make the duel color Mickey head scarf that I want to make for our January trip.
Sorry your FIL still isn't doing well

We are crazy New Englanders so barring real cold temps we will be in the pool and at the water park...

And uggh yes I just wish they would let us buy packages.. I have ants in my pants
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #198
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I bet the Mickey scarf will be so cute! I wish I could knit... tried and failed miserably!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #199
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
Sorry your FIL still isn't doing well

We are crazy New Englanders so barring real cold temps we will be in the pool and at the water park...

And uggh yes I just wish they would let us buy packages.. I have ants in my pants
Thank you. Some days are better than others.
We went to WDW in March and it was the only time we did a waterpark. It was 60 & we froze. The youngest DS's lips were literally turning blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
I bet the Mickey scarf will be so cute! I wish I could knit... tried and failed miserably!
This was the 2nd time I attempted to learn. I had bought a learn to knit kit, but I just wasn't getting it with the book. I looked how to knit videos and it helped.

Well, this morning, per DH, I am to get more prices for a June 2012 trip. I still can't believe I caught him pricing WDW trips last night.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 02-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #200
letthewookiewin

So the other night I went to get something out of my room & the door was locked. Once I got a spoon to unlock it I found my DH laying in bed /w a laptop on his tummy & ear buds in his ears........pricing WDW trips for this year. I couldn't believe he was doing that. I changed our November trip to June. Now we are going in June 2012 and January 2012, which is super awesome b/c we haven't been since October 2006!!! I already have all the ADRs booked for June. This will be our first time at a value, we're staying at the Pop Century.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #201
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Wow -- Kim that great about the June trip!!

Also, don't rule out January and the swimming pools. We went last month and it just happened to be beautiful, warm and hot weather.

We changed plans to have a pool day and it was our most relaxing day -- so fun!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #202
ImaDVCwannabe
Mouseketeer

Only 338 days lol

Disney World Honeymoon Pop Jan 2008
ImaDVCwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #203
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Wow -- Kim that great about the June trip!!

Also, don't rule out January and the swimming pools. We went last month and it just happened to be beautiful, warm and hot weather.

We changed plans to have a pool day and it was our most relaxing day -- so fun!!
Yes, I am so excited!! I told DH that this is our chance to "try out" a couple of restaurants before the big double birthday trip. This way if we don't like them, we won't ruin one of our birthdays at a bad restaurant. For the June trip we are eating at Fulton's Crab House, Yak & Yeti, Beirgarten, Teppan Edo, Mama Merose's, Le Cellier, Liberty Tree Tavern, T-Rex, and the California Grill at 9:20 PM and Wishes starts at 10. I'm most excited about the California Grill ADR.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #204
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So the other night I went to get something out of my room & the door was locked. Once I got a spoon to unlock it I found my DH laying in bed /w a laptop on his tummy & ear buds in his ears........pricing WDW trips for this year. I couldn't believe he was doing that. I changed our November trip to June. Now we are going in June 2012 and January 2012, which is super awesome b/c we haven't been since October 2006!!! I already have all the ADRs booked for June. This will be our first time at a value, we're staying at the Pop Century.

That's great! Two trips instead of just one!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #205
ImaDVCwannabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You are one lucky lady!!! Very cool hope you guys have a blast. I so wish we could afford to go more often. Maybe we should move closer

Old 02-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #206
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

I'm starting to think maybe we will make ADRs only at places we have never been before... which definitely leaves my options open since we haven't really been that many places... Only one I might not count is TRex since we could still do that OOP on the cheap.. But maybe I would use my credits at Y&Y and make it a vacation of all firsts food wise...

Question - Anyone here ever do HDDR? Is it worth two TS? How was the food? DH loves fried chicken and wants to try TE but I was considering this one too.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #207
ImaDVCwannabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm starting to think maybe we will make ADRs only at places we have never been before... which definitely leaves my options open since we haven't really been that many places... Only one I might not count is TRex since we could still do that OOP on the cheap.. But maybe I would use my credits at Y&Y and make it a vacation of all firsts food wise...

Question - Anyone here ever do HDDR? Is it worth two TS? How was the food? DH loves fried chicken and wants to try TE but I was considering this one too.
I haven't personally done it but my friend and her family did on their last trip. They arrived 30 min prior as directed but actually waited for like an hour so she said the wait was less than desirable. The food and entertainment however were wonderful and lots of fun in her opinion. We are considering this as well. She felt it was worth the 2 TS credits.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #208
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaDVCwannabe View Post
You are one lucky lady!!! Very cool hope you guys have a blast. I so wish we could afford to go more often. Maybe we should move closer
Thank you!! The only reason we will be able to move the trip is tax return and money that I get back from school. The June trip could still not happen if money falls through.

Quote:

It's not hard for us to make ADRs at places we have never been. The only one that we have eaten at before is the Biergarten. I had thought about paying OOP for T-Rex, but the DH doesn't want to have to pay for any food. He wants as many costs and we can pay ahead of time to be paid. Now I just need to get my mil to get his 1099 done, so we can actually get our taxes done, so I know for sure if this trip is going to happen or not.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #209
ImaDVCwannabe
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=letthewookiewin;44000284]Thank you!! The only reason we will be able to move the trip is tax return and money that I get back from school. The June trip could still not happen if money falls through.

I totally understand love tax return time. We are using this years to make next years trip a reality as well.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #210
miss_nik_nik
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes, I am so excited!! I told DH that this is our chance to "try out" a couple of restaurants before the big double birthday trip. This way if we don't like them, we won't ruin one of our birthdays at a bad restaurant. For the June trip we are eating at Fulton's Crab House, Yak & Yeti, Beirgarten, Teppan Edo, Mama Merose's, Le Cellier, Liberty Tree Tavern, T-Rex, and the California Grill at 9:20 PM and Wishes starts at 10. I'm most excited about the California Grill ADR.
For our trip we were discussing about drinks and dessert at California Grill. Is that allowed? Or better question...is it appropriate or will we get dirty looks the whole time? We'd like to do about an hour or so before Wishes.

I got to see Wishes once from on top of the Contemporary b/c some of our family was staying in the BLT at the time of our trip shhhh ;-) It was definitely magical!

Last edited by miss_nik_nik; 02-11-2012 at 08:07 PM.
miss_nik_nik is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: