Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

Question Ice Cream Manicure and Pedicure on Disney Dream?

I read about the Ice Cream Manicure and Pedicure that you can get done at the Chill Spa on the Disney Dream. Does anybody know what exactly that is? It says that "yummy ingredients give hands and feet a sweet treat" but that doesn't clear anything up with me.

Keep the Magic Alive!
disneygal6568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
jandj524
Mouseketeer

My DD (9) did this in November. The CM took her to a room in the back of the spa, sat her on a chair, the CM sat on the floor with a small 'tub' of water and proceeded to give her a manicure & pedicure. My DD got to choose from 'vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry' lotions that the CM applied to her hands & feet. My DD was also given a small cup of ice cream. Both my DD and I believe that the ice cream social wasn't worth the $'s.
jandj524 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

If you dont mind me asking what was the price for the Ice Cream Mani/Ped?

Nikisha421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
jandj524
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikisha421 View Post
If you dont mind me asking what was the price for the Ice Cream Mani/Ped?
I remember it being ~$65 - but would have to check my shipboard folio to be sure.

They may offer an Ice Cream Mani/Pedi for teenagers as well - not sure what that experience is.
jandj524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal6568 View Post
I read about the Ice Cream Manicure and Pedicure that you can get done at the Chill Spa on the Disney Dream. Does anybody know what exactly that is? It says that "yummy ingredients give hands and feet a sweet treat" but that doesn't clear anything up with me.
Actually, I'm very familiar with the products they use for this service. And let me tell you, they are magically delicious and amazing for your body!!! You can learn more about the line at www.mebath.com - this is a company owned by a friend of mine from my high school years - -- and this stuff is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend getting a tub of the Shower Sherbet for YOURSELF for your stateroom --- nothing better for washing the sand off after a day at the beach and having the softest skin ever. Best thing is that they sell it on board for the same price as on land - no mark up.

I've heard wonderful things about the Ice Cream Mani/Pedi, but my own DD is too young to get it on board. Enjoy!
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
Foz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
Actually, I'm very familiar with the products they use for this service. And let me tell you, they are magically delicious and amazing for your body!!! You can learn more about the line at www.mebath.com - this is a company owned by a friend of mine from my high school years - -- and this stuff is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend getting a tub of the Shower Sherbet for YOURSELF for your stateroom --- nothing better for washing the sand off after a day at the beach and having the softest skin ever. Best thing is that they sell it on board for the same price as on land - no mark up.

I've heard wonderful things about the Ice Cream Mani/Pedi, but my own DD is too young to get it on board. Enjoy!
AMAZING ... I actually thought the title of this thread was misspelled as I thought ICECREAM (????) with a manicure and pedicure ?????. You learn something new everyday! These must be similar to LUSH products??

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal6568 View Post
L O V E your Ticker signature!

followed by then
Foz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

[QUOTE=jandj524;43928567]I remember it being ~$65 - but would have to check my shipboard folio to be sure.

They may offer an Ice Cream Mani/Pedi for teenagers as well - not sure what that experience is.[/QUOTE]

This is what I am referring too

Keep the Magic Alive!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foz View Post
AMAZING ... I actually thought the title of this thread was misspelled as I thought ICECREAM (????) with a manicure and pedicure ?????. You learn something new everyday! These must be similar to LUSH products??

L O V E your Ticker signature!

Oh --- they are a million times nicer than LUSH. I used to love LUSH, but this line is so much more luxurious and the results last so much longer ---- the concept is similar, but not as novelty-like -----
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #9
awtigger
Mouseketeer

I was wondering about this service as well. I was thinking about booking this for my DD on our cruise in October for her 13th Birthday. But I'm not sure if she would think it was worth the money, and kind of cheesy.

My 1st Disneyland Visit July 22nd, 1986 (9yrs)
DD 1st Disneyland Visit May 5, 2000 (7mos)
Disneyland at least 30 times over the years, And many more to come
1st Disney Cruise - Wonder 4 Night May 2-6, 2010
2nd Disney Cruise - Dream 4 Night Oct 7-11, 2013 (Surprise Birthday Cruise)
awtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

We took our DD for this about 2 weeks ago and she loved it. Since dd is a toddler it was a pretty basic pedicure and manicure. We went to a chill spa room and the aesthetician started off by making cleansing and moisturizing her legs. The products are as noted above "flavors", dd chose marshmellow for one of the treatment products. DD also chose colors for her nails and a glittering second coat. After her pedicure she did the same for dd's arms and did buff her nails before putting the colors on. We didn't even worry about the ice cream portion for her to eat as it seemed to take all of her focus to hold her hands out to let the polish dry. The whole service took about 45-60 mins and cost $65 plus tip. It was a fun experience and we have great pictures from it. The spa encouraged us both to come and just play with her and take pictures and to us that was probably the best part of the experience. After 2 days she pretty much picked her polish off. We took her back on the last day of the cruise and we were offered a touch up as well.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #11
disneygal6568
making dreams come true

What about for a teen? Like, maybe 13 or 14?

Keep the Magic Alive!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
Foz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranidayz View Post
Oh --- they are a million times nicer than LUSH. I used to love LUSH, but this line is so much more luxurious and the results last so much longer ---- the concept is similar, but not as novelty-like -----
Thanks ... will definitely have to check it out when we get to the States and try to pick some up!

followed by then
Foz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chill spa, cruise, dream, ice cream, manicure

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: