Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #31
joanjett1976
Shane in the study with the candlestick!
As a Disney geek you can truly feel Walt's touch in the park

Congrats! Also just came back from Marathon weekend. My partner ran the full. I was designated 'cheerer'. And hey, I was also up at 2:50am to catch the bus to the Epcot parking lot, so that counts right?

There were so many people! This was our first time at Marathon Weekend and it was sooo much fun.

What was your time, Christopher?
Nov 2013 WDW Yacht-AKL, Aug 2012 Disneyland, Jan 2012 WDW WL, July 2011 Disneyland, Oct 2010 WDW Swan, April 2010 DL Paris, Jan 2010 Disneyland, April 2009 DL Paris, Jan 2008 Paradise Pier Disneyland, Oct 2007 DL Paris, Sept 2007 POFQ, May 2007 Grand Californian Disneyland, April 2007 DL Paris, Feb 2007 Disney Wonder & POP, Oct 2006 MNSSHP/F&W @ POP, Oct 2006 DL Paris, May 2006 2 weeks @ POP, April 2006 DL Paris, January 2006 Disneyland, January 2006 30th Bday POP/AKL, Oct 2005 DL Paris, June 2005 POFQ, Feb 2005 Disneyland, Aug 2004 POFQ, 1983-1984-1986-1988-1989-1991-1994: Off Site, July 1980: 4 Years Old: 1st Trip To WDW

joanjett1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 PM   #32
christopher77
Just keep running... Just keep running...

I have to give a disclaimer on my time because my training came to that screeching halt last August due to ligament damage, but I completed the half in 2:51 something, and the full in 6:27 something. Those times gave me something to try and beat for next year, if I decide to go crazy, er goofy, again.

DL 77
WDW 82 offsite, 93 and 94 offsite, 96 offsite, 97 OKW, 98 OKW, 02 OKW, 04 (F&W) POFQ, CBR, 05 Pop, OKW, 06/07, AKL, ASM and Poly, 08 Boardwalk, 09 (F&W) Pop, 10 (F&W/Wine & Dine Half Marathon) Pop, 11 (Half Marathon) Boardwalk, 11 (F&W/Wine & Dine Half Marathon) Pop, 12 (Marathon Wknd) Poly
christopher77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #33
extraredstuff
Mouseketeer

The Tower of Terror 10-Miler is my goal also....

Hi All,

Happy to see there are others on here who are planning on running the Sept race. I'm not a runner, and this will be my first race. So I'm telling EVERYONE I know, family, friends, random strangers I meet on the street..... so that I'll stick to my goal and see this thru. I'm getting really excited.

My goal is to finish w/o getting picked up for not keeping a fast enough pace

--sarah

Countless Pre-DVC trips....
SSR Owner - May 2005
OKW Oct/Nov 2005 - First DVC trip with older sister, nephew and nieces
VWL Sept 2006 - DVC trip with Dad, younger sister and niece

SSR Sept 2007 - DVC trip with Sierra
BLT Owner - March 2009
VWL/SSR March 2009 - Solo trip
BLT Jan 2010 - Maddy & Ryan's first trip
HHI Thanksgiving 2010 - The whole fam, all 13 of us!!!
OKW Sept/Oct 2011 - Solo for a couple days, then meeting up with Steve for a few more
BLT/Treehouse Villas/Animation Resort Sept/Oct 2012 - Tower of Terror 10-Miler (during which I'll prob die) Trip
VBR One-Nighter - Stopover on the way to Miami
AKL March 2013 - Solo trip
extraredstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #34
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Just got back from the Tinkerbell Half and Neverland 5K over the weekend in Disneyland. It was rather fun and most things went pretty well since this was the first time this race and course were done.

There were 12,000 who did the Tink, 920 were men.

It's all about the bling....
Old 02-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #35
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
There were 12,000 who did the Tink, 920 were men.
Seriously Todd? Only 920 out of 12,000? Less than 8% of the field?

Sometimes with you I can't tell when you are joking - at least on line. That's a pretty interesting statistic though.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #36
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Seriously Todd? Only 920 out of 12,000? Less than 8% of the field?

Sometimes with you I can't tell when you are joking - at least on line. That's a pretty interesting statistic though.
Scouts honor. And statistically, there are fewer men, percentage-wise at the Princess Half. I think the 'surge' of males was the draw of a new course and the special inagrual medal. And I am quite certain most of those males would feel quite at home here in this forum.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #37
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher77 View Post
I wanted to ask someone who used those shoes if they liked them... such as, is there enough support? Do your toes rub against the material causing blisters, etc? I've been an asics user since 2006, and I'm not 100% looking to change, but the size of the blister under the ball of my left foot was ginormous.
I've been running in Vibrams of about a year now and love them! Since I started wearing them (after running in running shoes for about 30 years), my knee, shin, and foot problems have pretty much disappeared.

Re: is there enough support, Vibrams and other minimalist shoes have basically *no* arch support. The idea is that you want to run with a mid-foot strike rather than running heel-to-toe. When you run mid-foot, your foot acts as a natural shock absorber, so you actually don't need the padding and support.

Re: toes rubbing and causing blisters, I had some minor blister issues, so I started wearing "toe socks" -- I favor the ones made by Injinshi -- and the rubbing and blistering stopped.

Caveat: as I statistician, I know full well that a sample size of one (namely me) does not constitute compelling evidence. My personal experience with Vibrams has been awesome, but I've also read other people's accounts of how Vibrams absolutely didn't work for them.

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden), AKL-Kidani (10/14, Food and Wine)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #38
geaux_half
Recovering 5 Moon Half Fanatic #137

RunDisney has posted more details for the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler on their website.

geaux_half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #39
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

So jealous of your Tink bling. I think I have 2 years before I get to run that one.

I missed the Goofy this year because I had to move to Oregon and start a new job on the day after the race, so i just did the half in January.

Plans so far are to do the DLand half on Labor Day this year (that filled up in a blink...WOW) and then next January get that gosh darn Goofy!!!!!

The calendar has Tink the weekend after next year, so I dont think that I will be in any condition to run that race.

Happy running everyone! make it fun and stay healthy!

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon
RENThead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #40
Tygerlilly
Mouseketeer

Well, registration for the ToT has been open for almost two weeks now. Has anyone signed up yet? I will be tomorrow!
Tygerlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #41
EWR2AUS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerlilly View Post
Well, registration for the ToT has been open for almost two weeks now. Has anyone signed up yet? I will be tomorrow!
My partner and I will be signing up this week - looking forward to it. I ran in all of the old Tower of Terror 13Ks. The after party at Hollywood Studios was always fun and I'm looking forward to this year's.

We'll also be doing the Wine & Dine Half this year. I love the January races - but he's not a morning person so its nice to run a half with him at night
EWR2AUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #42
Tygerlilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR2AUS View Post
My partner and I will be signing up this week - looking forward to it. I ran in all of the old Tower of Terror 13Ks. The after party at Hollywood Studios was always fun and I'm looking forward to this year's.

We'll also be doing the Wine & Dine Half this year. I love the January races - but he's not a morning person so its nice to run a half with him at night
Yay! Hopefully I'll see you guys there! Now I'm just trying to plan my "costume" to wear!
Tygerlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #43
smmast
Welcomed Guest

My partner and i did our first half marathon this year, the princess half and it was sooo fantastic. We are not fast, by any means, but finished it upright and together. We only started exercising two and 1/2 years ago after many years of bad choices. We are both in our early 40's and not stellar athletes, but we have fun and are now pretty much addicted. Two years ago my partner was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis which i think made her even more determined, my hero !!!! We have signed up for the Twilight Zine 10 miler in September and will definitely do the princess half again. There is nothing like running in Disney...together.
smmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #44
ChrisNY2
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new to this board, but I've loved WDW for a long time!

The WDW Half Marathon this January was my first half marathon and first Disney race - and I've become addicted! I bought an annual pass during that visit, so I'm doing the Tower of Terror and the Wine & Dine and I've signed up for the full marathon in January, which will be my first!

Resorts so far (trying to stay at all of them!): GF, VGF, BLT, BC, BCV, BW, AKL, CB, CS, POFQ, AS Music, AS Sports, AoA, FW
ChrisNY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #45
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNY2 View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new to this board, but I've loved WDW for a long time!

The WDW Half Marathon this January was my first half marathon and first Disney race - and I've become addicted! I bought an annual pass during that visit, so I'm doing the Tower of Terror and the Wine & Dine and I've signed up for the full marathon in January, which will be my first!
Welcome!

I'll be at the ToT and W&D too. My DP even decided he was going to do the full with me this year, I'm probably gonna go Goofy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: