Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #826
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I forgot to add that your scenery pictures are so lovely.

And - I am freaking out because I can't find the link to your pTR. It's like it disappeared. Is it me or is in the DIS? I am afraid of your answer - just post it again!

Edit: found it! LOL!
LOL...your neck huh?



Thanks on the pictures Some of yours were quite helpful recently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I loved the recap !! If we ever did a cruise I would want it to be to Alaska, the pictures were just gorgeous!! Your family looked like they were having a fantastic time. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us .
Hi Tracy! I need to get over to your new TR and get caught up! It was a wonderful trip, I can't say enough great things about it!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #827
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW
 
Chilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 13,578

I feel like my trip has a lot to live up to now - best trip ever! Thanks for sharing its been so valuable to me.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #828
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
I feel like my trip has a lot to live up to now - best trip ever! Thanks for sharing its been so valuable to me.
Your trip will be amazing!!!! I love that you have the Vancouver start itinerary and your port times look about the same as ours did, I'm excited for you and hope you love it as much as we did.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #829
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW
 
Chilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 13,578

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Your trip will be amazing!!!! I love that you have the Vancouver start itinerary and your port times look about the same as ours did, I'm excited for you and hope you love it as much as we did.
I've a feeling it'll be amazing!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #830
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran
 
AAshleySEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 972

Seattle Hotels

This TR was amazing! My DH and I are going on an Alaskan DCL Cruise on the 11th of June for our 5th Anniversary, we are also staying in Seattle for 3 days prior to the cruise, I was reading your hotel recommendations and I wondered if you knew anything about the Mayflower Park Hotel? We are counting down the days until our trip and I was so glad to read all about yours! Thanks
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #831
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
This TR was amazing! My DH and I are going on an Alaskan DCL Cruise on the 11th of June for our 5th Anniversary, we are also staying in Seattle for 3 days prior to the cruise, I was reading your hotel recommendations and I wondered if you knew anything about the Mayflower Park Hotel? We are counting down the days until our trip and I was so glad to read all about yours! Thanks
Thanks and I hope it helps a little!

Mayflower Park is quite good I think! I haven't been there in forever so am not up to speed (which is why I didn't include it, there are a few in that bucket) but the location is great and you still get the smaller hotel vibe. You do have Andaluca right there too, which also gets good reviews.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #832
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Great recap! It really was a trip-of-a-lifetime!!! Headed to your PTR now!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #833
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,961

I really liked your recap of photos what a good idea! We take so many I think it is worth using them !!! Nice job on this TR! I am so glad you enjoyed your cruise! Alaska seems like a wonderful place to explore, I think we'll consider it in a few years! I want the kids to be a little older for that one, otherwise we wont be able to enjoy all of the excursion options!

Great start to your new PTR too!
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #834
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran
 
HermanTriplets+1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Israel
Posts: 1,310

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post



[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We were off to be entertained by the CM’s. “If I were not upon the Sea” is apparently the traditional last night show. [/I]
First of all - another thank you for all your work on this TR!
What IS that dessert?? All sprinkles and marshmallows - is that just for dipping the Mickey Bar into?!
Love the idea of that last night "adult" show - hope they have it on our 5 night NY-Canada in June!
__________________
+ + = ( JJ and Gloria say "meowmeow what about us!")
THE HERMAN FAMILY!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051

Last edited by HermanTriplets+1; 02-04-2012 at 12:56 PM.
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #835
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,110

Cynthia, I finally had a chance to read your recap....it was great. I loved seeing all the beautiful scenery pictures again, and the fun pics with the kids and on your excursions. It truly sounded like a wonderful trip. Thank you for sharing it with us.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #836
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Great recap! It really was a trip-of-a-lifetime!!! Headed to your PTR now!
Thanks! It was an amazing experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I really liked your recap of photos what a good idea! We take so many I think it is worth using them !!! Nice job on this TR! I am so glad you enjoyed your cruise! Alaska seems like a wonderful place to explore, I think we'll consider it in a few years! I want the kids to be a little older for that one, otherwise we wont be able to enjoy all of the excursion options!

Great start to your new PTR too!
I hadn't really planned on doing the photo recap but it was more fun than a ton of text with what we did. I'd agree on a little older, the boys were the perfect age for it I think. Thanks on the PTR, it is really fun to be writing one again. I didn't really do one for the Alaska cruise as I was still finishing up the Grand Gathering TR and I forget how carried away with the planning I can get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
First of all - another thank you for all your work on this TR!
What IS that dessert?? All sprinkles and marshmallows - is that just for dipping the Mickey Bar into?!
Love the idea of that last night "adult" show - hope they have it on our 5 night NY-Canada in June!
That actually isn't a dessert, it's a bowl of toppings to use with the mickey bar. Or in Jeff's case, a medium to make a very twisted looking mickey bar!

I need to look at the Navigators for our upcoming cruise and see what the adult options might look like. There are adult shows of some sort every night, this was just one that involved CM's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Cynthia, I finally had a chance to read your recap....it was great. I loved seeing all the beautiful scenery pictures again, and the fun pics with the kids and on your excursions. It truly sounded like a wonderful trip. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Thanks Kathy! It was a magical week. A WONDERful week!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #837
squirrel
DIS Veteran
 
squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Posts: 10,466

Wow!

It's taken me a while to finish reading your entire trip report. So much information and wonderful photos.

Now I want to do an Alaskan Cruise. Won't be this year as I'm doing a repo to LA and then a few days at DL/DCA.

We had some strange winter weather up here. They closed the schools early twice and they had the other 3 days off. I managed to get one day off without any daycare children. So much snow but no power outages for me. My parents were without power for 7 hours as a substation caught on fire (a week after the snow).
__________________
All Star Movies September 1999
PO + DCL November+December 2000
DLR (BWPPI) September 2007
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #838
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
Wow!

It's taken me a while to finish reading your entire trip report. So much information and wonderful photos.

Now I want to do an Alaskan Cruise. Won't be this year as I'm doing a repo to LA and then a few days at DL/DCA.
That will be a fun trip! I wouldn't mind that one but I don't think Jeff would ever go for it, he'd rather just head straight to Cali and save a cruise for someplace he'd never been before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
We had some strange winter weather up here. They closed the schools early twice and they had the other 3 days off. I managed to get one day off without any daycare children. So much snow but no power outages for me. My parents were without power for 7 hours as a substation caught on fire (a week after the snow).
I'd assume you get a little more snow up there than us, but don't really know. A lot of folks lost power here, some for as long as a week...UGH on the substation, that really complicates things. Of course it is absolutely gorgeous today, clear and mid 50's! Was like that all weekend. Really, kind of a normal winter in most respects other than the freak ice. It will be interesting to see what summer brings, last year was so bleh.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #839
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran
 
MAGICFOR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,862

Loved your re-cap! Sorry about the Shellac. I get shallac manicures and I have to say that sometimes it lasts 2 weeks, and sometimes 3. Alot depends on how much attention the tech is paying to preparing the nail, keeping my nails short, and whether I chip a nail or not. What I like is that I can file the chip down, and it doesn't peel the polish off, so it does stay on and it's my own nail instead of the acrylics. I think I'm being overcharged though - I pay $30 before tip and it's not a cruise ship!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #840
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,484

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Loved your re-cap! Sorry about the Shellac. I get shallac manicures and I have to say that sometimes it lasts 2 weeks, and sometimes 3. Alot depends on how much attention the tech is paying to preparing the nail, keeping my nails short, and whether I chip a nail or not. What I like is that I can file the chip down, and it doesn't peel the polish off, so it does stay on and it's my own nail instead of the acrylics. I think I'm being overcharged though - I pay $30 before tip and it's not a cruise ship!
I think my gal here locally charges more than that but I'm not sure. I had a GC but it was another 25 for the shellacing, which is the same upcharge as the cruise ship1 I've done it once here and it didn't last the full 2 weeks but definitely longer than a "normal" one. I do like it, I just can't get in every 2 weeks but will probably do it again from her. It is nice that you can file and it doesn't impact the polish at all. I do wish it was easier to get off on your own, if you need to though!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: