Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #27
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
Ok. So I need some advice on something about my situation. For some 'odd' reason, I think everyone (mom, dad, sister) knows that I am gay; my mom in particular. Every time the gay topic comes up in something she really emphasizes it. Like when we are watching tv and someone who is clearly gay comes on she is like "He is gay. Gay. He is gay. I think he is gay. Don't you think he is gay?" That just goes on until the subject matter disappears. Another thing is she loves Lady Gaga, and Born this way. Today she was watching an episode of Trading Spouses, a show that she hates, because it had a woman in it who hated pretty much everything, including the gay community, but the other 'swappers' were a lesbian couple. Even though this wacked out lady hated other things, my mom kept reiterating the fact that she was gay, they were gay, that other lady hates gays, and she is crazy. So I really don't know what to take from all of that. Could it be a good thing? I don't really know. Considering she was siding with the lesbian couple on everything made me feel a bit better as to how she would take it. I really wanted to just say it when I was standing there with her, but couldn't do it. Well, any advice or opinions will help, and I will update again soon:D
Todd, I am on the late side to this--but basically want to reiterate what everyone else said.

It sounds to me like your mother strongly suspects you are gay. She is trying to hint that she is okay with that so that you will be comfortable telling her. She probably doesn't want to directly ask you because she does not want to force telling her on you if you are not ready or still confused, etc.

if you have not taken the advice here and told her yet I hope you do so soon. I bet (and hope) it will be fairly anti climatic for you and you will feel a lot less stressed afterwards.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: