Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #91
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

OOOOHHH!! You're finally on the ship, can't wait to hear what you think of it Did you choose to go to Cabanas or did they direct you? I can't seem to decide if we want to do that or the Enchanted Garden.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #92
Toria
DIS Veteran

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
OOOOHHH!! You're finally on the ship, can't wait to hear what you think of it Did you choose to go to Cabanas or did they direct you? I can't seem to decide if we want to do that or the Enchanted Garden.
They ask you which would you like to eat at. Hands down,we chose Cabanas. Absolutely enjoyed it.i
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #93
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm loving your TR. I can't wait to read more. You seem to have a lot in common with me. I'm married to a resister as well, but he usually has a good time, but won't admit it. He has a fit if I plan a trip with out him, but then if he wanted to come, he could, he just likes to be a pain at times...but of course he has good points too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #94
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Cabanas has more choices, especially for kids. I have heard Enchanted Graden doesn't offer many kid friendly items
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #95
scrappinmom
Still Tagless.......

great report !!! I love reading about your resister! Mine is SO resistant my 2 dd's & I go to Disney without him!

scrappinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #96
princessnpirate
Mouseketeer

Great report!!! Just booked the fantasy today so I cannot wait to hear more!!
princessnpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:09 AM   #97
mnrhannah07
1,287 miles from WDW

Looking forward to hearing more! you were eating by 1120? That's great time! Luckly for me, DH is nothing close to a resister...In fact he is the one that hands down refuses to vacation anywhere else! I say "Babe, lets fly to Arizona and tour around the state a bit" his response "But...it's not Disney"
Old 01-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #98
Toria
DIS Veteran

I have to finish this report! Sorry it took so darn long!

OMG! Is that what you are saying? I know that it has been since October since my last update. I just need to finish this report. So we arrive at Cabana's and start to enjoy all that they had to offer. Sorry no food pictures. I had shrimp, chicken and macaroni. DD had macaroni only, because she is kind of a picky eater. My DS can put away some food, so he had a run of about everything. DH did the same as his son. He is a foodie! We found a table near the windows so we sat and enjoyed our meal. Once we got done eating we decided to let the kids change into their swimsuits(learned that from the boards).

My husband changed into his swim trunks as well. I found a spot in the shade to watch the luggage and people watch. They stayed in the pool until it was 1:30. We headed up to our stateroom; which was 7570. This room is on the side that faces Castaway Cay. It was exactly as I imagined it would be from all of the pictures that I have seen

. When we arrived at the room all of our luggage was there. So I promptly started to unpack all of our clothes. There was plenty of room for our belongings. I placed the suitcases under the bed. While I was doing this DH and the kids each took a shower, so that we could wonder around the ship before the Muster Drill. So after I unpacked, I decorated our stateroom door.

This helped out alot during the trip. I can not tell you how many times I would have went the wrong way. Our room steward had to tell me one time that I was headed the wrong way We went to the Muster Drill and DD was not happy about the blowing horn(darn near came out of her skin)
. The drill was quick and painless. After that we headed up to the sail away party.

(

Last edited by Toria; 01-31-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #100
Pinkocto

I'm so glad you're back! I love your stateroom magnets.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 01-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #101
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so glad you're back! I love your stateroom magnets.
Thanks for joining in again! I notice that your first cruise is in a month. How exciting is that? I have 5 months until our next one. Happy sailing and I will be looking out for your TR, if you decide to write one.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #102
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
Thanks for joining in again! I notice that your first cruise is in a month. How exciting is that? I have 5 months until our next one. Happy sailing and I will be looking out for your TR, if you decide to write one.
You booked another one! That's excellent news! Which one are you going on? I think you were trying to decide which one to do last thing I remember.

I'll definitely be writing a TR. I'm so excited!

Old 01-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #103
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
We are going on the Dream again on the 5 night on the 13th of July. It will only be me and DH. We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Then next July we are taking the kids on the 7 night Eastern Carribean on the Fantasy. Dh does not know about that, but he will learn soon enough Yeh, like last minute so he can't protest. He messed up when he told me to pay off most of our debt, then he would not protest about vacations. So I am happily paying off credit cards.
That's fabulous! That'll be really nice, just you and DH.

Sounds like you're in love with DCL

Old 01-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #104
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You booked another one! That's excellent news! Which one are you going on? I think you were trying to decide which one to do last thing I remember.

I'll definitely be writing a TR. I'm so excited!
We are going on the Dream again on the 5 night on the 13th of July. It will only be me and DH. We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. Then next July we are taking the kids on the 7 night Eastern Carribean on the Fantasy. Dh does not know about that, but he will learn soon enough Yeh, like last minute so he can't protest. He messed up when he told me to pay off most of our debt, then he would not protest about vacations. So I am happily paying off credit cards.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: