Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #31
valbob89
DIS Veteran

This website is driving me nuts - not that it is a long drive - I've never seen it this slow and unresponsive for this long.

Anyway, I've updated the roll call with the info I have been given and added a few new DISnames - welcome.

Val
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:47 PM   #32
GeauxYeaux
Earning My Ears

We will be joining in the 7 day from Barcelona!

GeauxYeaux
New Orleans
Melissa, DH Chris, and son Alex (age 12 @ cruise time)
This is our third DCL cruise - previous Bahamas 2009, Inaugural Alaska 2011

DVC Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Villas
WDW - too many times to count!
DCL - Wonder 2009 Pirates of the Caribbean "Legend Lives On" Cruise
DCL - Wonder 2011 Inaugural Voyage to Alaska

GeauxYeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #33
BeardedDragons
Earning My Ears

Great role call sheet Val! Thanks for all your efforts
Here's a bit more info you could include for us...
Cabins 6640 and 6642, late dinner seating and we'd love to participate in the fish extender.
BeardedDragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #34
ScubaMickey
A Fantasy experience - to meet a pint-sized caddy and become Sunglasses

Good Morning from sunny Florida,

ScubaMickey
St. Augustine, Florida
Linda and Kurt, no kids
5 Cruises

We are VERY excited to be sailing on the Magic in the Med again!!!
ScubaMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #35
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #36
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

Thanks Val for making the spread sheet! Looks great.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:20 AM   #37
Whisky In A VAse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme97 View Post
krispykreme97
Olive Branch, MS
Tonya, Carlos, Tamia (11 at time of cruise), Tayla (4 at time of cruise)
Sailed DCL twice 2010 (3 day Wonder), 2011 (3 day Dream)
Hi krispykreme97

Was you on Disney Magic 7th May 2011, Eastern Caribbean cruise? I think I remember your name. If so, looks like we are going to be cruising again together.
See you soon.
Neil

2001 Rodeway Inn, Florida. 2004 Sequioa Lodge, Disneyland Resort Paris.
2005 Liki Tiki Village, Florida. 2005 Pop Century, Florida.
2006 Sequioa Lodge, Disneyland Resort Paris. 2007 Sequioa Lodge, Disneyland Resort Paris.
2008 Windsor Hills Resort, Florida. 2009 Emerald Island, Florida. 2010 Lindfields, Florida.
2011 Hampton Lakes & Disney Magic, Florida. 2012 Pop Century, Florida.

Whisky In A VAse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #38
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

I don't want to bring up any debate at all but are any of you taking your kids out of school to do this? My DD will be 14 at the time and we think that due to scheduling reasons we might have to change to this cruise (we were booked on a 7 night in August). That would mean that my DD would have to miss the last 4 days of school. I'm fine with her missing school but unsure about the last 4 days. I don't think they do a ton in those last few days but I'm not sure. I took her out for a few days last month for vacation and our school district is absolutely ok with it. I'm almost positive that we're going to change either way so you'll probably see me on here very soon!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #39
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I don't want to bring up any debate at all but are any of you taking your kids out of school to do this? My DD will be 14 at the time and we think that due to scheduling reasons we might have to change to this cruise (we were booked on a 7 night in August). That would mean that my DD would have to miss the last 4 days of school. I'm fine with her missing school but unsure about the last 4 days. I don't think they do a ton in those last few days but I'm not sure. I took her out for a few days last month for vacation and our school district is absolutely ok with it. I'm almost positive that we're going to change either way so you'll probably see me on here very soon!
Our two youngest will be missing the last week of school. We have taken them out before, but we are in CA, and CA has a state law that if your kids are going to miss 5 or more days in a row they can do "independent study". Which means they aren't marked absent, and they are given their work to do ahead of time. We have never taken them out for the last week before, so I'm not sure how that will work with the independent study, but I guess we will find out.
Of all the vacations they have missed school for, this one is WELL worth it. They are going to get to be surrounded by history! I plan on checking out plenty of books about the cities we will be visiting so we can study about them before we go there.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #40
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom73 View Post
Our two youngest will be missing the last week of school. We have taken them out before, but we are in CA, and CA has a state law that if your kids are going to miss 5 or more days in a row they can do "independent study". Which means they aren't marked absent, and they are given their work to do ahead of time. We have never taken them out for the last week before, so I'm not sure how that will work with the independent study, but I guess we will find out.
Of all the vacations they have missed school for, this one is WELL worth it. They are going to get to be surrounded by history! I plan on checking out plenty of books about the cities we will be visiting so we can study about them before we go there.
I completely agree! She will learn things on this trip that she could never grasp by looking at a textbook. Our school district says that you can take your child out for a max of 10 days without question. We went on a Dream cruise last month and I took her out for 5 days and it was no problem. They just have you fill out a prearranged absence form and the teachers gave her the work ahead of time (though most just said "have fun" and gave her nothing). I like your idea about studying the cities before you get there. I'm going to have to steal that!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #41
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Ok it's official!! We will be joining the June 1st Med cruise!!

I will be traveling with my sister and we're taking my DD who will be 13 at the time (not 14 like I'd previously stated - that would have been if we kept our original August date as she turns 14 in July).

I'm Tracy (Tracerr00), my sister is Diane and my DD Eilee will be 13 at the time.
We are from Wisconsin and this will be the 2nd Disney cruise for Eilee and me but the first for my sister. I've been reading blogs like crazy that were written by previous Med cruisers. I'm getting so much info and I can't wait to share info with those of you that have cruised the Med before. I'm one of those extreme planners!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:45 PM   #42
kikids
Mouseketeer

I am also an extreme planner - and another person taking a teen daughter out of school for this trip. We were originally scheduled for august but then I realized it will be the week before DD goes into high school as a freshman. In case we need to change some of her classes or if they have an open house - assign lockers - whatever - we wouldn't want to miss it.

So we switched to June 1. Which yes, it means I will be pulling her out of school and my husband then said "what if they have placement tests for high school that week or final exams she can't miss?" Argh!!! I cannot win. But considering how much more affordable June is to the mid August cruise, I figure we'll just have to make it work. I thought about calling the middle school and asking their opinion but honestly I was afraid when I said that I was calling about the summer of 2013 they'd laugh at me!!! Some people just don't get how Disney works.
Disney Fantasy 2014, Disney Magic 2013 (Mediterranean) http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3124303, Disney Magic 2012, Disney Dream 2011, Disney Wonder 2010, POP 2012, CBR 2010, POR 2009, Off property 2002-2008, SeaWorld 2010, 2011.

kikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #43
valbob89
DIS Veteran

I made my reservations myself and then had the reservation turned over to my TA. I received my invoice from my TA today and discovered that the amount DCL quoted me is different from the amount they indicate on the invoice. The downpay amounts quoted, charged to my credit card and reflected on the invoice are all three different and none are 10% of any of the total amounts quoted nor any amount on the invoices. My TA is looking into it but thought I mention here so in case you all want to check your credit card activity against your invoices.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #44
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikids View Post
I am also an extreme planner - and another person taking a teen daughter out of school for this trip. We were originally scheduled for august but then I realized it will be the week before DD goes into high school as a freshman. In case we need to change some of her classes or if they have an open house - assign lockers - whatever - we wouldn't want to miss it.

So we switched to June 1. Which yes, it means I will be pulling her out of school and my husband then said "what if they have placement tests for high school that week or final exams she can't miss?" Argh!!! I cannot win. But considering how much more affordable June is to the mid August cruise, I figure we'll just have to make it work. I thought about calling the middle school and asking their opinion but honestly I was afraid when I said that I was calling about the summer of 2013 they'd laugh at me!!! Some people just don't get how Disney works.
It was the same for us! We had a date scheduled in August but my DD will be going into high school as well and I realized that our district schedules orientations and sports sign ups and such in the weeks prior to the first day of school. But I don't think she'll be missing anything in the last few days of Middle School. I plan to give the school PLENTY of notice and I've found that her school is really accommodating. Hopefully our girls will be able to meet at a DIS meet since they'll be about the same age. However with the age rules my DD will have to be in the tween club because she won't be 14 until a month after the cruise.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #45
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!

Val, that's too bad about your discrepencies! I checked my e-mail conformation and all is in order. My card wasn't charged anything because I transfered a deposit from another cruise that I had booked.

Tracy, I think missing the last few days of school is far better than missing the first few, especially of high school. As far as the cruise prices being better in June than August, the same will be true for airfare. Airfare to Europe in August can be outrageous.
My middle DD will be in Edge also. She will be 13, 2 months shy of turning 14. I'm much happier with her in the tween club than the teen. My oldest DD has been in Vibe on our last 3 cruises, and those kids can get crazy. This will be her first cruise that she can't go in Vibe and she's disappointed! I keep telling her she will get to go to Palo with us and the adult only pool and cove cafe, etc. It doesn't seem to be helping. I also keep telling her that she will have just finished her first year of college and she's not going to want to hang out with a bunch of "high schoolers". I think she has this feeling that she is going to be bored.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: