Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #121
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejw View Post
Hi everyone, we are on this cruise too.

it's me, Ellen and my DH Kenny and my DD Melanie who will be 16 at the time of the cruise.

we are from Rockaway Park, NY

have first seating

are in cabin 6111

this will be our 8th disney cruise. we did a 10 day disney med cruise in 2010 and the west bound transatlantic in 2007.

please include us in the FE.

ellen
Welcome Aboard! You have been added to the roll call!
tinkerbelltwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #122
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_fans View Post
Hi! My family is also excited to be going to Greece!

It's me, Michelle, my partner, Sheila, and our two kids DD Jordan (13) and (DS) Cameron (11). We are from Parker, Colorado. We have first seating and will be in cabin 6058.

This will be our third cruise. The last one was the 11-night Western Med cruise June 2011. We had so much fun and met some wonderful people we couldn't wait to book our next one.
Welcome Aboard! You've been added to our roll call!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #123
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how many we have on the Roll-Call in just a week !!

Our cabin # 7124

We are 1st seating and so is Cousin Orville

Thanks to all the volunteers !!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #124
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

By my quick count, this meet group is less than a week old and we've already got 94 people on our roll call. Thirteen families have indicated they are interested in the FE exchange.

Last night while the twins were sleeping I read Lornak's trip report that you can access on our first page in the planning section post. Oh my goodness, the pictures of all the gelatos she tasted on her trip were mouth watering!

Beth
Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 AM   #125
tinkerbelltwins
DIS Veteran

@scrapycruiser -- I made those changes to the roll call. thanks!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #126
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

we are first seating too. I had a hard time between the 2 since we are not bringing the kids. I will have to take a look at the excursions when they are loaded to see if I need to change to late seating. I do hate to eat late though so will prob keep first. I can only imagine how much weight I will gain on this trip. I am going to eat everything everywhere!

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #127
Newfoundland Sailor
Mouseketeer

1st Seating

On the Med cruise in 2011 we had the First Seating at Dinner. On the Med cruise's Disney pushed back the time of the first seating (I believe it was 6:00pm).

They were incredible accommodating for excursions and would take you for dinner up until 7:00pm if they had advance warning. The Dining rooms were use to it and the waiter's were given a list of DCL excursion times & booking for their table for the next day - so they would check with you the day before about your dining plans.

We made the first seating for every meal except Rome. (But that is a whole other story - we were the last three on the boat (with 10 min. to spare) and I learned a lot about the Port of Citiv.). And if your table was on different excursions that arrived back at different time it didn't even phase them...They also didn't mind if you showed up in your touring clothes - they would rather you eat than miss out altogether.

In terms of the excursions and the time they got back to the boat. Most of the full-day DCL excursions (I would say 90% or more) got back by to the ship around 5:00pm.

We decided to first dining again this time. It gives us a little more flexibility on how to spend the later part of our evening. Especially with a Tween, a toddler & two grandparents!

~Heather~
Newfoundland Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #128
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbelltwins View Post
By my quick count, this meet group is less than a week old and we've already got 94 people on our roll call. Thirteen families have indicated they are interested in the FE exchange.

Last night while the twins were sleeping I read Lornak's trip report that you can access on our first page in the planning section post. Oh my goodness, the pictures of all the gelatos she tasted on her trip were mouth watering!

Beth
Good Morning Beth,

Thank you so much for an incredible job in keeping up the first page. I can't wait to try out some of the port links. I'll look through the ones I kept from 2007 and see if I can add any.

Wow - 94 already!!!!! If you get a chance (and are really bored with nothing to do ) do you think you could number the families on the cruise on the first page? It will be fun to watch the number climb.

Have a great day!!!

Maryann
Old 01-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #129
Im_A_Princess
PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

Location: Maryland ~893.52 miles from my FL home in Port Canaveral

Welcome to all the newly signed up people!
This feels like it is going to be a great cruise with awesome people!!!!
It is just the DH and myself on this one so I hope we can have some adult meets/gatherings during the cruise.

Chrissy- What are Fish Extenders/FEs? link

-Chrissy 116 days onboard DCL and counting...)

Last edited by Im_A_Princess; 01-30-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Im_A_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #130
MrsG
We teachers ARE the worst!
I'm not sure how I'll be affected
Do I have to resort to FLUFF?

We always take second seating because it is usually just DH & I. When we will cruise with the grandkids it will absolutely be first seating.

As we always do 2nd seating, there have been many times where we were late (or early if we have an evening excursion). We also found that the dining staff is wonderful about accomodating late excursions. Many times we let them know in advance that we would be late, or they would ask are you going to Rome/Berlin. One time when we needed 1st seating, they gave us a card with a different table # on it for the following evening. Most times they just sat us at our usual table even though it was past the sit down time. Yes, they are the best!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #131
LovesToRun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfoundland Sailor View Post
On the Med cruise in 2011 we had the First Seating at Dinner. On the Med cruise's Disney pushed back the time of the first seating (I believe it was 6:00pm).

They were incredible accommodating for excursions and would take you for dinner up until 7:00pm if they had advance warning. The Dining rooms were use to it and the waiter's were given a list of DCL excursion times & booking for their table for the next day - so they would check with you the day before about your dining plans.

We made the first seating for every meal except Rome. (But that is a whole other story - we were the last three on the boat (with 10 min. to spare) and I learned a lot about the Port of Citiv.). And if your table was on different excursions that arrived back at different time it didn't even phase them...They also didn't mind if you showed up in your touring clothes - they would rather you eat than miss out altogether.

In terms of the excursions and the time they got back to the boat. Most of the full-day DCL excursions (I would say 90% or more) got back by to the ship around 5:00pm.

We decided to first dining again this time. It gives us a little more flexibility on how to spend the later part of our evening. Especially with a Tween, a toddler & two grandparents!

~Heather~
This is great info!! Thanks!!

When we had our TA book us for the Med on the first day booking was available, I had her book us for main dining because that is what we always do when we cruise. After she booked us, she asked me if we really did want main seating because in the Med a lot of people don't get back to the ship until after main dining. Well, my parents are silver, so they had to be booked the next day, and so I told my TA when she books my parents to book them and change us over to late dining because I realized looking at the "all aboard" times we likely wouldn't make it to the early seating at most ports! But, after she booked my parents on day 2 of booking, she told me she kept us all at main dining because she talked to Disney and Disney said most people were booking main dining, and that is the dining time that was filling up the most.

So, we kept our dining at main dining, and decided since late is not filling up like main dining is, IF we decided to change to late for whatever reason, it'd be much easier to change to late, than to be booked in late and try to change to main... it sounds like main will get totally filled up (If it already isn't).

But, I had wondered WHY main dining was filling up the most considering most "all aboard" times were well after main dining begins. But, NOW I know why thanks to you!! This makes total sense!! So, now I'm glad my TA kept us at main dining after Disney told her it was the dining time most people were booking.

I love how Disney is so accomodating! Another reason it's our favorite cruiseline!

Kathy
LovesToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #132
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

We were at the first seating on the 2011 Med. It worked out great. We got back with plenty of time on most of our tours and were hungry and ready to eat. They you get to enjoy a relaxing evening after dinner. Once in the Baltic after a long trip to Berlin we got back late and there was no problem eating at the second seating.

Destination D WDW CR/BWI Nov 2014
ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #133
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

Already changed cabins LOL

Can you please change me to 6019

Trying to get as close to Mid as possible. I am so annoying and am a frequent room changer.

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #134
Cousin Orville
Inventor of Air Cooling

While we're on the subject, I changed my room as well

We are now in 8088. I remembered last summer we were on port and had a beautiful view of Villafranche, La Spezia, and Valletta.

Destination D WDW CR/BWI Nov 2014
ABD DIS Backstage Magic Dec 2014
Norwegian Fjords on the Magic Jun 2015
ABD Australia Jul 2015
Cousin Orville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #135
slg
DIS Veteran

Discussed with DH about early or late, and we have always had early but we're sticking with late. I love the idea of eating outside in the mediterranean, so if we are hungry, we may eat on deck (if its not too hot) or at Topsiders while the ship leaves port, then watch the late show. Or, we can watch the early show and eat late, whatever we feel like.

I found that in our last couple of cruises, our kids stay up soooo late (sometimes 2 in the morning), that when we have sea days they sleep in and we have a very late breakfast. I've then skipped lunch because I want to be hungry for dinner, and then I'm grumpy, or I go eat late and then I'm NOT hungry for dinner. I found in the Baltic we felt so hot and tired when we came back, it would have been nice to have a bit of a breather.

We may regret it, but we're going to give it a try. Since our kids our older now, the idea of having a leisurly quieter dinner appeals to me rather than the noisy, noisy early seatings.

We'll see! There is always food on the boat, so we will not starve. We've been on a lot of cruises so if we miss a dinner or two, its not the end of the world
DCL MAGIC NY to Bahamas July 20-28,2012
DCL DREAM Cruise Dec. 18-22, 2011
WDW. POR Dec. 2011
DCL WONDER Alaska Cruise July 12-19, 2011
DCL MAGIC Baltic Cruise July 6-18, 2010
ABD Ireland July 22, 2009
DCL MAGIC Mexican Riviera June 1-8 2008
DCL MAGIC Eastern April 28-May 5, 2007
WDW-POR April 2007
DCL MAGIC Western May 6-13, 2006
WDW-POR Apr 2006
WDW-All Star Movies 1999