Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #31
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Thank you!!!!

I am completely new here, and this is my first post. I stumbled across this, and I am so glad I did! Thanks so much for posting this. We are planning our first trip for April 26-30, 2012. I will definitely be bringing this list!
AshleyD1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #32
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

I was checking easywdw.com and found a few new locations to add to the list in DTD. Forty Thirst Street is now accepting the DDP and has a few snack items-Hot or frozen drinks. Also there's a place called Adventurers Hut that accepts DDP and has SC items. Your basic snacks-popcorn, ice creams, smoothies, drinks, and the ever popular----glazed nuts. etc. This location isn't open too often.

I also organized the locations in DTD alphabetically. Disney Quest still has it's own main heading.

Happy Snacking!
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #33
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyD1983 View Post
I am completely new here, and this is my first post. I stumbled across this, and I am so glad I did! Thanks so much for posting this. We are planning our first trip for April 26-30, 2012. I will definitely be bringing this list!
I'm honored to be your first post! I remember my first post, almost 10,000 posts ago! Time does fly when you're on the "boards".

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypuffs
wow, this is a very comprehensive listing!!!

when purchasing an eligible snack item, does the CM need to do anything to charge it specifically to the DDP or is it automatic by the computer/cash register because it recognizes that it is an eligible snack item?

when you buy one eligible snack item and one non-eligible snack item, will the CM tell you what amount we owe?

thanks again!
When you are buying something (SC or CS) just let the cashier know you are on the DDP when you hand them your card. Most of them ask now (plus it is on your KTTW card) If you will be using a CS and a SC at the same place they will ring it up separately. If you are buying an eligible snack and an ineligible one I'm pretty sure they will tell you the amount you owe for the one that's not inc. I've actually never purchased one that wasn't inc. at the same time as one that was. I think the only snack we buy that we have to pay for has been the mini-donuts at the waterparks. Those kiosks don't accept the DDP. (hopefully they will change this someday)

The cashiers are really very helpful when it comes to knowing what's inc. and what's not. If you have any questions just ask them. At the POP food court I've even asked them my question before I've selected anything. like "can I get any 3 snack items for 1 CS?" (Yes you can at many resorts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Dub
Best snack credit usage!

The best usage of snack credits that we found last week were:

In Epcot's Germany and France pavilions... the bakeries have some great, unique snacks. In Germany we got a chocolate dipped rice krispies square that we split 3 ways because it was so large - at least twice the size of the Mickey heads. There were also many other items there that would be interesting to caramel and chocolate fans.

The lemon ginger muffin at Capt. Cook's (Polynesian) was awesome with toasted whipped marshmallow topping.

There was a concession cart near Le Cellier in Canada which had huge chocolate croissants - about 10" long!

Tye-died cheesecake at Pop Century is a must try (just to say you did) - we got that as dessert a couple times.

Funnel cakes at the concession stands - shareable for 2-3 people.

Giant ice cream sandwiches (which we did not get because they were too big).

The Minnie Mouse bakery prepackaged cookies were a good use of our 12 remaining snack credits as bring-home items.
Thanks for the info. Quick question, where were you able to get a funnel cake as a SC? Was it in MK or EPCOT? TIA
Old 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #34
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information. This is definitely helpful when deciding what to use snack credit on, especially since they cut it down to 1 on the QS plan.

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
KNovacovschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #35
wisconsin willie
Earning My Ears

The New 2012 Confirmed Snacks Thread

I, along with the others, express my gratitude for the fine job done on the snack listing. My wife and I will be going to WDW shortly, and this listing, will make our decision time go much faster.
wisconsin willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #36
tink20
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the great work in putting together this list.

One question, at Storybook @ MK: the Fudge Brownie Sundae for $4.69 is listed here as an item on DDP snack credit, but not on easywdw. Just wondered which was correct, I wanted to get one, and use the snack credit if possible. TIA
Old 01-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #37
AussieSing
Earning My Ears

Am currently staying at POR and tried to get yoghurt parfait in the food court using the snack credit on the DDP but was told it was a CS meal, so not sure if this is correct or whether Disney has changed what is allowed. How do you identify what is considered a snack item, or is it up to the check out person who decides like in my case.
AussieSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #38
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieSing View Post
Am currently staying at POR and tried to get yoghurt parfait in the food court using the snack credit on the DDP but was told it was a CS meal, so not sure if this is correct or whether Disney has changed what is allowed. How do you identify what is considered a snack item, or is it up to the check out person who decides like in my case.
Gosh, I hope that is not the case! Hopefully the CM just made a mistake. Did the yogurt parfait sign not have the DDP symbol on the label/price sign? Perhaps it is up to the CM after all...maybe someone else can answer for sure.

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #39
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink20 View Post
Thanks for all the great work in putting together this list.

One question, at Storybook @ MK: the Fudge Brownie Sundae for $4.69 is listed here as an item on DDP snack credit, but not on easywdw. Just wondered which was correct, I wanted to get one, and use the snack credit if possible. TIA

Most of the menus on easywdw.com were updated back in Sept. and at that time you couldn't get it. Shortly after the new menu came out they added the Brownie Sundae to the SC list as well as the (Hot Fudge) Cookie Sundae. You can now also get caramel or strawberry topping on the cookie sundae. On disneyfoodblog.com you will find an article about the cookie sundae
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/1...rybook-treats/
easywdw.com doesn't always update his menus when he takes new photos, especially if the change is only related to SC items on the DDP. That's why it's up to me to scour the internet looking for new info!

But mostly, I took my own photo of the menu when we were there in Oct.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #40
tink20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Most of the menus on easywdw.com were updated back in Sept. and at that time you couldn't get it. Shortly after the new menu came out they added the Brownie Sundae to the SC list as well as the (Hot Fudge) Cookie Sundae. You can now also get caramel or strawberry topping on the cookie sundae. On disneyfoodblog.com you will find an article about the cookie sundae
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/1...rybook-treats/
easywdw.com doesn't always update his menus when he takes new photos, especially if the change is only related to SC items on the DDP. That's why it's up to me to scour the internet looking for new info!

But mostly, I took my own photo of the menu when we were there in Oct.
DS and I shared one last time (6/2010) loved it, we can get one again in May! Thank you!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:53 AM   #41
archdandy
DIS Veteran

I don't know if its temporary or what but when we were in Disney a couple weeks ago they had the ice cream cookie sandwich in Main Street Bakery that you could get as a snack credit. In fact I did get one and it was delicious! The sign for the sandwich even had the snack credit logo. I took a picture and will upload it soon for you to see.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #42
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I don't know if its temporary or what but when we were in Disney a couple weeks ago they had the ice cream cookie sandwich in Main Street Bakery that you could get as a snack credit. In fact I did get one and it was delicious! The sign for the sandwich even had the snack credit logo. I took a picture and will upload it soon for you to see.
Thanks that would be great! I had it on the list as a maybe but I went ahead and took the maybe off. Until I hear that it's been removed (again) it will remain on the list.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #43
AussieSing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Gosh, I hope that is not the case! Hopefully the CM just made a mistake. Did the yogurt parfait sign not have the DDP symbol on the label/price sign? Perhaps it is up to the CM after all...maybe someone else can answer for sure.
I found out what the deal is, at POR for breakfast they have the create your own yoghurt parfait option for $4.29 and at breakfast this is considered a QS meal. After 10.30 you can buy the pre-made yogurt parfait for same price and this one is considered the snack credit.
AussieSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #44
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieSing View Post
I found out what the deal is, at POR for breakfast they have the create your own yoghurt parfait option for $4.29 and at breakfast this is considered a QS meal. After 10:30 you can buy the pre-made yogurt parfait for same price and this one is considered the snack credit.
Thanks for the update. I'll note it on the list.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #45
mudman
DIS Veteran

This is going to come in handy in a couple of months...KUDDOS to you
mudman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: