Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
auburnfam
Earning My Ears

POP at Thanksgiving???

Hi everyone! I need some advice please!! My family is planning a trip to Disney for the week of Thanksgiving (Wednesday- Sunday). I know that is a "peak" time but it is the only week we can go for at least a year so we are going to just be ok with the crowds. My biggest concern is about where to stay.......is the travel time from one of the value resorts going to be terrible b/c of the crowd? Anyone stayed at POP during a peak time & found it to be ok? Also, I just read something about cabs being at the front of the resort.....I'm guessing this means we could just take a cab in the mornings if the line is too long, right?
We are also semi considering POFQ- do you think it would make a difference in the travel time?
Thanks so much!!!
auburnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Finally08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnfam View Post
Hi everyone! I need some advice please!! My family is planning a trip to Disney for the week of Thanksgiving (Wednesday- Sunday). I know that is a "peak" time but it is the only week we can go for at least a year so we are going to just be ok with the crowds. My biggest concern is about where to stay.......is the travel time from one of the value resorts going to be terrible b/c of the crowd? Anyone stayed at POP during a peak time & found it to be ok? Also, I just read something about cabs being at the front of the resort.....I'm guessing this means we could just take a cab in the mornings if the line is too long, right?
We are also semi considering POFQ- do you think it would make a difference in the travel time?
Thanks so much!!!
I've been there Thanksgiving week and haven't found it any more crowded than other times I've been there. To me, Pop *always* seems busy. The food court is always crowded at peak times, the bus lines are always long...it just is what it is.
Nov 2008 - With Twilight friends in DisneylandMay 2009 - The family returns to WDW! Contemporary
June 2009 - Girls dance trip / All Star MoviesFeb 14-21 2010 Wilderness Lodge Nov 18-27 2010 Pop Century - just me and my girlMay 18-31 2011 Pop Century - just me and my girl, aka "the queen of the kingdom"October 2011 - Family Halloween fun!!Nov. 26-30 '11 trip to visit Flynn!Dec 28- Jan 8 '12 NYE Madness
Sept 27-Oct 2 2012 - Enchanted MNSSHP
Finally08 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
auburnfam
Earning My Ears

thank you! so would you say that there would be any benefit to staying at POFQ that week to help with travel time?
auburnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We stayed at POP during Thanksgiving week 2009. In regards to travel, we did not find any major issues...never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus...usually a lot less. In regards to the food court, that place was always busy!!! We found that we would just decide what we want while me and our girls would go find a table and DH would make the order and bring it back to us (poor DH!!!).

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop, thanksgiving

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: