Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Fred and Wilma - They're Back and They're Child Free (Day 3 - IOA and shopping)

Saturday 28th August

I can’t believe it is only Day 3. We seem to have done so much already. Without the aid of alcohol last night, I am back to being wide awake at 4.30am and so dressed quietly and went to sit in the Orchid Lounge to read my book.

I finished the book around 7 so went back to wake Gary. We were showered, dressed and at IOA for 8am.

We rode Forbidden Journey yet again, took some video footage around the WWOHP area and then did some serious shopping. We bought loads of Harry Potter merchandise for the girls, who are both massive HP fans. I couldn’t believe how expensive a lot of the merchandise was.

We were a bit peckish and wanted some breakfast but Three Broomsticks was only open to those who had reservations (and you could only make a reservation if you had the Harry Potter package) so we headed out of the park and picked up some Cinnabon Sticks from City Walk.

We walked back to the hotel, dropped off our goodies and then decided to do a bit of shopping. First stop was Mall at Millennia where I drooled over the Tiffany jewellery and bought some Yankee Candle car jars for Natalie.

We had an early lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.

Gary had the lunch (meant to be smaller) portion of the Chinese Chicken Salad. This was absolutely huge. Goodness knows what size the standard portion would be.

I had the chicken sandwich, which was delicious. The chicken was crispy on the outside and juicy inside, with a little bit of spice in the coating. Very tasty.

We both had cheesecake (obviously) for dessert. Cherry for Gary. This was essentially baked New York cheesecake with a cherry topping. Gary enjoyed it though.

I decided to try the Key Lime cheesecake. I am a big fan of all things citrus and this did not disappoint. I love that there is so much of the graham cracker crumb, even going up the side of the cake. Yum, yum.

The check came to a very reasonable $50 inc tip.

While we were at Mall at Millennia, we decided to use a phone card we’d bought to phone Gary’s sister, where Daniel was staying before heading off to Legoland with them the next day. We had a lovely chat with Daniel, who didn’t seem to be missing us at all. I would much rather that than him be crying and sad that we’re not there.

We left Millennia and drove to the Florida Mall, where I finally managed to find my perfume. We also bought a couple of Christmas presents (how organised am I?) before heading back to Royal Pacific Resort.

The main car park was full so we had to use the overflow car park, which is right at the other end of the hotel from where we were staying. It was a really long trek back to the room. There was another couple walking behind us who had parked up at the same time as us. It wasn’t until we got to the entrance to Tower 1 that they admitted they’d been following us because they thought we were going to reception We pointed them in the right direction and then went up to the room to drop off our bags.

At around 5pm, we went back to Islands of Adventure. We had to wait a little while for a water taxi, but it was really hot and we were tired from shopping so didn’t want to walk.

We wnadered slowly through the park, taking lots of photos (to make up for yesterday) and doing some of our favourite rides.

We rode Hulk, Dr Doom, Spiderman and Dragon’s Challenge (twice on red and once on blue), then decided to try a frozen Butterbeer. I had read on the DIS that it was quicker to go into the Hogs Head pub to get he Butterbeer than queue at the carts and it was so true. There was hardly anybody else in the pub and we were served straight away.

It was quite nice but a bit sickly. I still haven’t managed to quite put my finger on what it reminds me of. I think my face says it all here.

Hmm, not quite sure about this

As we were walking through what’s left of the Lost Continent, a magic show was about to start and, since this is something we’ve never done, we decided to stay and watch. It was really good but is essentially a sales ploy to try and get you to buy the magic tricks and sets they are selling. We were tempted but fairly certain that the tricks were not going to be as easy to do as the guy made them look and decided against it.

We wandered clockwise round the park to Seuss Landing, where we bought an Oatmeal Raisin cookie and a Smores cookie.

After Gary had taken a couple of bites - it didn't come like this

Afterwards, we had dinner at Panda Express on CityWalk – orange chicken, beef and broccoli and fried rice.

We caught the water taxi back to the hotel, luckily getting the last 2 seats (you are not allowed, for safety reasons, to stand on the water taxis, unlike the buses).

We called briefly at reception to ask if they could look up the address for Manny’s as we had heard great things about it on the DIS and wanted to try it for ourselves the next day. The receptionist was great. She not only found the address but printed us a map and offered to call and make us a reservation also. We knew that you couldn’t make reservations anyway so declined but thanked her for the map and headed back to the room, where we finished our cookies, drank diet coke and watched college football on ESPN. Another great day!
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

The Cheesecake factory never fails.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Great update.

Glad I'm not the only one who isn't sure what butterbeer reminds me of. I do actually love it though, I thought it was fab. DH hated it.

You've fit so much into these three days, it's been a great read so far x
Old 01-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

I think that Butterbeer tastes like melted down Werther's Originals
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #5
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I loved frozen butterbeer.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
loobzuk
DIS Veteran

I couldn't (and still can't) decide whether or not I liked butterbeer but I'm glad I tried it (just so I can have the souveneir cup in my cupboard!)
loobzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Lovely Day, I hate butter beer it reminds me of a really sickly cream soda

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:27 AM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

What a lovely day.

I've had that key lime cheesecake and agree it is gorgeous.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: