Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #286
CindyV
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat&Dom View Post
Anyone know why Walt Disney Tickets for Children are in the Last Chance section for Air Miles? Are they going to stop offering the Walt Disney Tickets - I sure hope not because that is my main objective with Air Miles.
i sent an email and asked that exact question, This was the response i got, it is just for the all inclusive not base ones

Cynthia, the reason that the children's Disney World passes are in the Last Chance section of our Reward catalogue is that we are not going to be offering the All-Inclusive passes any longer. Once we deplete our stock, only the base passes will be available to redeem. If the All-Inclusive passes were the ones you were hoping to redeem, I recommend ordering them as soon as possible. There is no expiry on the All-Inclusive pass, so you can order them as early as you would like.

The Adult passes are only available in the Base Ticket option. The good news is that with the Base Tickets, you can add the features you want at the Park. Some of the features you can add are the Park Hopper, Water Fun & More and No Expiry.
__________________
Aug 2000- Honeymoon Stayed in Daytona Beach but disneyworld almost everyday
Jan 2002- Hilton Grande Vacations at Sea World
Aug 2009- Orange Lake Resort 1 week
Cypress Pointe 1 week
July 2011- Sheridan Vistana 2 days
Vacation Villages at parkway 1 week
Oct 2012- The Fountains 1 week
CindyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #287
CindyV
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 88

My husband and i are addicted to airmiles as well. I love when people say its not worth it you dont get anything, i love explaining to them how easy it can be. We get a lot through our credit card, metro, always buy gas at shell and watch for coupons. We also redeem ours for disney tickets. We redeemed last year just around this time, and now have enough for 2 adult 5 day and working on a child. I love it glad to find others who do too.
__________________
Aug 2000- Honeymoon Stayed in Daytona Beach but disneyworld almost everyday
Jan 2002- Hilton Grande Vacations at Sea World
Aug 2009- Orange Lake Resort 1 week
Cypress Pointe 1 week
July 2011- Sheridan Vistana 2 days
Vacation Villages at parkway 1 week
Oct 2012- The Fountains 1 week
CindyV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #288
Kat&Dom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,035

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyV View Post
i sent an email and asked that exact question, This was the response i got, it is just for the all inclusive not base ones

Cynthia, the reason that the children's Disney World passes are in the Last Chance section of our Reward catalogue is that we are not going to be offering the All-Inclusive passes any longer. Once we deplete our stock, only the base passes will be available to redeem. If the All-Inclusive passes were the ones you were hoping to redeem, I recommend ordering them as soon as possible. There is no expiry on the All-Inclusive pass, so you can order them as early as you would like.

The Adult passes are only available in the Base Ticket option. The good news is that with the Base Tickets, you can add the features you want at the Park. Some of the features you can add are the Park Hopper, Water Fun & More and No Expiry.
Great news Cynthia - thanks for checking into it for all of us other collectors. I love the Airmiles Disney Tickets - it makes a Disney trip to affordable.
Kat&Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #289
CindyV
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat&Dom View Post
Great news Cynthia - thanks for checking into it for all of us other collectors. I love the Airmiles Disney Tickets - it makes a Disney trip to affordable.
no problem, as soon as i saw that i emailed right away, i was a little freaked thinking they were getting rid of them
__________________
Aug 2000- Honeymoon Stayed in Daytona Beach but disneyworld almost everyday
Jan 2002- Hilton Grande Vacations at Sea World
Aug 2009- Orange Lake Resort 1 week
Cypress Pointe 1 week
July 2011- Sheridan Vistana 2 days
Vacation Villages at parkway 1 week
Oct 2012- The Fountains 1 week
CindyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #290
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Addicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 859

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl View Post
I'm also considering placing a couple of online orders to take advantage of the 10x bonus on until tomorrow, however also wondering about timing for these points as well.
Whenever I order Africian Lion Safari tickets, they come fairly quickly. Doesn't even take 2 weeks!

Could you tell me about this ordering online and getting 10x the bonus? I checked the paper flyer, online flyer and Metro's website and I can't find any information about the 10x or the online. I wasn't aware that Metro had online ordering yet.
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #291
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 2,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted View Post
Whenever I order Africian Lion Safari tickets, they come fairly quickly. Doesn't even take 2 weeks!

Could you tell me about this ordering online and getting 10x the bonus? I checked the paper flyer, online flyer and Metro's website and I can't find any information about the 10x or the online. I wasn't aware that Metro had online ordering yet.
So sorry to cause some confusion...the 10x is for amazon, indigo and some others but only until the end of tonight. I wish that Metro would do an extra bonus like that! I did manage to get 200 air miles this weekend at Metro. I hope to keep this up and then be able to order Universal tickets in time for our trip in May. Thanks for letting me know how fast you have received an order in the past.
__________________
aka Pam ; DH is a and my and DS(16) is my and my
WDW-day trips 1+times/yr growing up; CR-Dec'90; Offsite-Jan'07; POP-Feb/Mar'08(magical!); POP-Sept'08-FD(more magical!); CSR-Sept'09-FDBB(funx6); POP-Dec'09-DAP with DSis;
CSR-Dec'10:in-laws 1st ever trip!; POFQ-Oct'11:1st F&W & MNSSHP!; Offsite-May'12:1st WWOHP, F&G & SWW! POP-Jan'13 mom/son trip!AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #292
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Addicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 859

Wow, 200 miles at Metro? I'm impressed! How the heck did you get that many?

I went to Metro last night and spent just over $100 on groceries. So I received my 5 regular miles. Plus 38 bonus ones, for a total of 43 miles.

Then put $80 of gas in the van (at 3x) and received 9 miles.

While the bonus items are still there, I'll go back on Thursday (payday) for cereal, pudding, bacon, and yogurt drinks and get another 34 airmiles.
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #293
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 2,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted View Post
Wow, 200 miles at Metro? I'm impressed! How the heck did you get that many?

I went to Metro last night and spent just over $100 on groceries. So I received my 5 regular miles. Plus 38 bonus ones, for a total of 43 miles.

Then put $80 of gas in the van (at 3x) and received 9 miles.

While the bonus items are still there, I'll go back on Thursday (payday) for cereal, pudding, bacon, and yogurt drinks and get another 34 airmiles.
I stocked up on Shreddies (60), pudding/fruitgels (75) and Hunts sauce (75), plus 5 points for base, so 205 really. Luckily DH and I love Shreddies and he and DS will take pudding for some time in lunches; we all like the sauce and it will last a while! I'm hoping that next week's flyer will have some other higher yielding offers. We are going to utilize the Shell fill/carwash coupons to net another 100 within about three weeks.
__________________
aka Pam ; DH is a and my and DS(16) is my and my
WDW-day trips 1+times/yr growing up; CR-Dec'90; Offsite-Jan'07; POP-Feb/Mar'08(magical!); POP-Sept'08-FD(more magical!); CSR-Sept'09-FDBB(funx6); POP-Dec'09-DAP with DSis;
CSR-Dec'10:in-laws 1st ever trip!; POFQ-Oct'11:1st F&W & MNSSHP!; Offsite-May'12:1st WWOHP, F&G & SWW! POP-Jan'13 mom/son trip!AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #294
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Addicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 859

That makes sense. I'll probably purchase more pudding than I originally thought. You have a point about stocking up. My kids & husband love it (I rarely eat it), plus I have after school kids that will eat it. And I can throw a couple packs of bacon in the freezer. The drinkable yogurts we all love and they disappear fast.

I just printed out the shell coupons yesterday! Not sure why I haven't received them in the mail. Usually I do.

I also found another coupon though Metro's e-mails for 10 bonus airmiles with the purchase of a can of soup & deli meat & bread. Works for me. My husband & I both like those soups, bread goes quick around here and I can use the deli meat in lunches.
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #295
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 2,286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted View Post
That makes sense. I'll probably purchase more pudding than I originally thought. You have a point about stocking up. My kids & husband love it (I rarely eat it), plus I have after school kids that will eat it. And I can throw a couple packs of bacon in the freezer. The drinkable yogurts we all love and they disappear fast.

I just printed out the shell coupons yesterday! Not sure why I haven't received them in the mail. Usually I do.

I also found another coupon though Metro's e-mails for 10 bonus airmiles with the purchase of a can of soup & deli meat & bread. Works for me. My husband & I both like those soups, bread goes quick around here and I can use the deli meat in lunches.
I have to underscore with DS(13) that the puddings are pantry stock and not to be overindulged upon.

I'll have to sign up for the Metro e-mails...thanks for the tip as that didn't even occur to me! How long does it normally take for the Metro airmiles to appear in your account? Not sure if there is a delay due to my just signing up for the program...
__________________
aka Pam ; DH is a and my and DS(16) is my and my
WDW-day trips 1+times/yr growing up; CR-Dec'90; Offsite-Jan'07; POP-Feb/Mar'08(magical!); POP-Sept'08-FD(more magical!); CSR-Sept'09-FDBB(funx6); POP-Dec'09-DAP with DSis;
CSR-Dec'10:in-laws 1st ever trip!; POFQ-Oct'11:1st F&W & MNSSHP!; Offsite-May'12:1st WWOHP, F&G & SWW! POP-Jan'13 mom/son trip!AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #296
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Addicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 859

I don't know. It was Sunday that I shopped at Metro & Shell. I just checked and the points have not been listed for either. It's only been 2 days but I'm curious now and will let you know when I see the miles posted.
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #297
Disney Addicted
DIS Veteran
 
Disney Addicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 859

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamgirl View Post
How long does it normally take for the Metro airmiles to appear in your account? Not sure if there is a delay due to my just signing up for the program...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted View Post
I don't know. It was Sunday that I shopped at Metro & Shell. I just checked and the points have not been listed for either. It's only been 2 days but I'm curious now and will let you know when I see the miles posted.
I never did find out I'm afraid. I was not checking daily and didn't realize AirMiles posts them with the date of purchase. I thought the date would be the posted date.
Disney Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #298
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo
 
Kronk N Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kuzcotopia
Posts: 97

Airmiles gives their sponsors up to 60 days to post a standard airmile and up to 120 days to post a bonus airmile..... but most of the time they'll bein within a few weeks.
__________________
Kronk - Tink - DS Nemo (2) -

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #299
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran
 
disneydreamgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 2,286

So far my experience has been that Metro posts airmiles earned to my account for the week prior by about Wednesday; airmilesshops online post within a day or two, shell is within two to three days. Rexall seems to take a little longer so I'm not too sure as yet since I've only been collecting airmiles for about two weeks. Just made a purchase at LCBO yesterday, so time will tell on that. By my own record I'm up over 500 points and I'm anxious to see the Metro flyer for the coming week, Rexall was not too promising so I'll not be shopping there until the week after (hopefully). I'm determined to get as close to three Universal tickets as possible by mid-April just by stocking up on items we use and purchasing strategically...so far, so good!
__________________
aka Pam ; DH is a and my and DS(16) is my and my
WDW-day trips 1+times/yr growing up; CR-Dec'90; Offsite-Jan'07; POP-Feb/Mar'08(magical!); POP-Sept'08-FD(more magical!); CSR-Sept'09-FDBB(funx6); POP-Dec'09-DAP with DSis;
CSR-Dec'10:in-laws 1st ever trip!; POFQ-Oct'11:1st F&W & MNSSHP!; Offsite-May'12:1st WWOHP, F&G & SWW! POP-Jan'13 mom/son trip!AKL-Oct'13:F&W & MNSSHP redo!
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #300
SaskDisNut
DIS Veteran
 
SaskDisNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina, SK
Posts: 1,092

I ordered 3 Disneyland park hoppers from Airmiles on Tuesday morning. The tickets arrived via Puralator yesterday! I couldn't believe how fast they got here. Man, seeing those tickets brought our trip a little bit closer

Now to start building up that Airmiles balance again. I think most of those miles were accumulated from Safeway over the last couple of years.
__________________
Feb 1990 - Disneyland - Carousel Inn
Jan 1992 - Walt Disney World - offsite
Jan 1993 - Disneyland - Can't Remember!
May 2007 - WDW - Pop Century
Dec 2008 - WDW - Pop/CSR
Jan 2009 - WDW - Beach Club - IBM Lotusphere 2009
Oct 2009 - WDW - CSR & Free Dining!!
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - HOJO Anaheim
Feb 2012 - Disney Wonder - Mexican Riviera Cruise



Check out my --> CSR Review 10/3/2009 - 10/11/2009
SaskDisNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.