Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #91
kmc33
DIS Veteran

sorry double post...

Last edited by kmc33; 01-26-2012 at 12:57 PM.
kmc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #92
kmc33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma2 View Post
My kids wanted Greece, but I am disappointed that Venice is not on the same cruise. Would have liked to see more different ports on each cruise. I'll see if the cruises for 2014 end up with more choices before we make our final payment. Otherwise I am excited that at least something is set.
I was hoping for both Greece and Venice too! DS has been saying he wants to go to Venice for as long as I can remember. He really liked the idea of Greece though too (another Percy Jackson fan!). When I showed DH the itinerary I was planning to book, he asked if DS knew I was booking the one that did NOT go to Venice. As a matter of fact, when presented with the two options, DS picked Greece.

We did the June 29th 10 night Med last summer and were hoping for more different ports for 2013. But I am still really excited! I think the 12 night will be a great length since we were crazy busy on the 10 night last year.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #93
Dayub
Earning My Ears

We are booked for this cruise as well. Me(Deb), DH(Alex) and DD(Nicki) who will be 15 next summer.

Can't believe we are up to 7 pages already. I remember some of your names from the 7/18/07 Med cruise. Since then, we have done Mexico, Alaska and just got back from a 5 nighter over the holidays on the Dream.

I guess I was a little confused to see people booked yesterday thru DVC and DCL. I was on hold this morning for an hour. Can anyone let me know. Thanks.
DCL Magic: The Med 06/13; Mex Riv 06/08; The Med 7/07; West Carib 05/03; Big Red Boat: 09/87
Dayub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 PM   #94
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayub View Post
I guess I was a little confused to see people booked yesterday thru DVC and DCL. I was on hold this morning for an hour. Can anyone let me know. Thanks.
Gold and platinum Castaway Club members (those with more than five cruises) could book yesterday by phone. Everyone else could start booking today. Looks like you had more than 5 cruises so you could have booked yesterday.

Looked today and there were NO inside staterooms left so it would have cost quite a bit to wait!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #95
Dayub
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Gold and platinum Castaway Club members (those with more than five cruises) could book yesterday by phone. Everyone else could start booking today. Looks like you had more than 5 cruises so you could have booked yesterday.

Looked today and there were NO inside staterooms left so it would have cost quite a bit to wait!
Thanks for the info. Wish I would have known yesterday... Should have checked out this board. Oh well... I did notice that the price has gone up considerably since this morning, is this like the airlines, so many cabins at 1 price and then it goes up to the next level?
DCL Magic: The Med 06/13; Mex Riv 06/08; The Med 7/07; West Carib 05/03; Big Red Boat: 09/87
Dayub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #96
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayub View Post
Can't believe we are up to 7 pages already. I remember some of your names from the 7/18/07 Med cruise. Since then, we have done Mexico, Alaska and just got back from a 5 nighter over the holidays on the Dream.
Hi Deb - we were on the 7/18/07 Med - what a great trip that was - and our first time in Barcelona and that area of the world. One thing we learned that trip was to be sure to fly in a couple of days early or you'll totally miss the departure port, so we're planning to fly in on Thursday before sailing on Saturday if all goes well. We saw a little bit of Barcelona when we were there before ... enough to know we wanted to see more! When we did the Baltic in 2010, we spent a few days pre-cruise in London and that was so nice to have a chance to get over the jet-lag. With this itinerary, the very next day is a port day, so we want to be on Mediterranean time by the time we sail!

I calculated my vacation time accrual and will be able to make this trip plus the other days we have scheduled off already and return to work with one hour and 45 minutes of vacation time left Guess I'd better try to accrue some comp time in the next 505 days!

As for prices, this sailing is up quite a bit above the following one to Venice - and having booked on points, the adult price today is $1,600+ more than what DVC had for the same category.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #97
emma2
Mouseketeer

Just realized we posted earlier that we were going on this cruise when it's actually the the 7/13/13 date. Have fun on this one.
emma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #98
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PrincesseInTow View Post
Just booked!

It's me, DH, DD (11), DD (7) and DM and perhaps DSD (25). We did the 11 nt. med in 2011 with my DMIL so now it's my mom's turn. DH and I did Greece a few years ago and DD (11) wants to see Greece due to the Percy Jackson book series that she loves.
Tell your daughter she has great taste in books! I totally love the Percy Jackson books. Is she reading the new ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
Ohh this is wild. I think my brother graduated from Waterloo in 84 ( I was 83 Sci). He was in math but went to the "new" accounting program.
We will have to compare notes on board. We may know some of the same people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meum View Post
Ok, he did it! Husband booked this cruise early this morning before I even woke up! So far it will be my husband and I for sure and maybe our friend Jeff who cruised with us in the Baltic. Looking forward to seeing familar faces and meeting new ones!

Marianne
Yay .. I get to cruise with my table mates from the Baltic! Can't wait. Would be nice if Jeff joined us. Saw that Kent told Heather that her family has to book it as well! Maybe I should email Heidi!!

Take care all ... 505 days to go!!!

Mary Jane
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #99
haddybaby
Earning My Ears

After 3 hours of trying to book online, on the phone with DCL and then DVC.. DVC came through with the 2 staterooms we needed!! We were one cruise short of that shinny gold status

Cruising with me are DH, DS-4, DS-9, DS-11, & my mom & dad (sorry not that up on the lingo)

haddybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #100
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL View Post
Hi All,

We booked too!!! Me Joanne, DH Roger, DS 27, Ds 24, and two girlfriends!! DS # 2 is in the Airforce and stationed in Germany. So right now we are all booked. We will see what happens in a year!! He is due to PCS in July of 2013.

June 18th will be our 30th Anniversary and June 25th will be my 55th!!! UGH!! I got ten years on you Amanda!!!
Weren't you with the Klondike Kruisers last year??

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #101
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There are now some inside staterooms up but they are a good bit higher since yesterday. I did get the 10% off for moving an onboard booking though
Old 01-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #102
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
We did the July 18th 2007 Med, and the July 6th Baltic - we got off Alaska the day you got on.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm looking forward to repeating some of the ports from before - Villefranche was (and is still) my favorite port in terms of beauty - and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the area. La Spezia - before we did Pisa, this time we'll do Florence / surrounding area. Civitavecchia - well you'll hear me often say I didn't toss those coins in the Trevi Fountain for nothing! Can't wait to see more of Rome.

505 more days!
Yep, 7/18/07 and 7/6/10, so we did both with you! Seems we both have good taste in cruises

I am looking forward to repeating ports too, and we also booked the 7 nighter before it (hoping it works out and we can do both) so that our days aren't so crazy. Last time my kids were 3yo and 11 months and it was exhausting to have so many 12 hour days. Plan this time is to hit something on the 7 night, then different excursion on this cruise. Kids will be 9, 6, and 3 this time, so better, but the (then) 3yo can be a HANDFUL when she wants to be. Plus we're coming from AZ this time, so planning on some serious jet lag (10.5 hour flight for us from Phoenix to London!, after the 2 hour drive to Phoenix, then another 2 hour flight to Barcelona), so really hoping to be able to relax and get acclimated before the new ports on this cruise!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #103
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
Yep, 7/18/07 and 7/6/10, so we did both with you! Seems we both have good taste in cruises

I am looking forward to repeating ports too, and we also booked the 7 nighter before it (hoping it works out and we can do both) so that our days aren't so crazy. Last time my kids were 3yo and 11 months and it was exhausting to have so many 12 hour days. Plan this time is to hit something on the 7 night, then different excursion on this cruise. Kids will be 9, 6, and 3 this time, so better, but the (then) 3yo can be a HANDFUL when she wants to be. Plus we're coming from AZ this time, so planning on some serious jet lag (10.5 hour flight for us from Phoenix to London!, after the 2 hour drive to Phoenix, then another 2 hour flight to Barcelona), so really hoping to be able to relax and get acclimated before the new ports on this cruise!
I am soooooo glad to have 4 sea days! I'm not sure it matters what the kids ages are....it's exhausting no matter what to repeat those 12-hour days! (tho having only one, I can't image how you did 3...)

We're really happy to be returning to Villefranche, as this was the surprise favorite from last time! And, at our daughter's request, we'll do Pisa instead of Cinque Terrre! No idea what we'll do in Malta, but we really liked it last time. It was so hot in August, though, hence the June booking!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
Old 01-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #104
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
There are now some inside staterooms up but they are a good bit higher since yesterday. I did get the 10% off for moving an onboard booking though
I looked and they are higher since this morning! Glad I didn't wait!

Old 01-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #105
Neriberi
Mouseketeer

Can't wait!

We'll be joining- DH, myself, and DD (age 4). We'll be celebrating my husband's graduation from residency and our 7th wedding anniversary! We love the DISboards community on the cruises; hope we get to do FEs!
Dream SSMC 2011, 2013 Magic New England 2012
Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 2013 Moms Only Bahamian Magic 2014 Birthday on the Dream 2014
Neriberi is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: