Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:44 AM   #271
PreacherMouse
Earning My Ears

Almost to the Poly.... Tomorrow! :d ance3:
Old 01-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #272
NYC Disney Mom
Earning My Ears

I love the idea of the premium cabana, but don't really care for the location. We rented a regular cabana last year and felt it was the perfect spot.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #273
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Good morning!! Premium cabana. Oh how comfy the furniture was!

Good morning. Wow that looks comfy. How much do the cost to rent?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #274
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Disney Mom View Post
I love the idea of the premium cabana, but don't really care for the location. We rented a regular cabana last year and felt it was the perfect spot.
I really didn't like the location either! But it did provide a small "secret haven"
I liked the vegetation and that gorgeous dining table!

The fireworks viewing was blocked by the boat dock! I wrote a review on tikimans website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Good morning. Wow that looks comfy. How much do the cost to rent?
We rented it all day and night I believe it was a little over $640 all together. But I can't remember exactly.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #275
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
We rented it all day and night I believe it was a little over $640 all together. But I can't remember exactly.
Cool, is there a source for the pricing for other levels like the ones near the boat docks and which are better than most? I don't want to get stuck behind a boat dock either lol.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #276
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

First time I ever saw or heard about the "premium cabana" , just have to say it is amazing !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #277
Tebrown96
Mouseketeer

Tips for first timer?

I am absolutely loving this thread, especially seeing everyone's pictures. It's making me even more excited for our trip, which seems sooooo far away!

Anyway, I was wondering if you Poly pros have any advice/suggestions/tips for a first timer? It all seems so overwhelming! We'll be at Poly for a week with parkhopper tickets and we are on a dining plan. We are still trying to figure out ADRs, which I know we need to do ASAP. However, we are waiting to find out if my mother wants to join us on our trip, so we can't make our ADRs until we know how many to make the reservations for.

Anyway, it's basically my husband, myself and our 4-year old daughter and possibly my mom. I'll take as much advice as I can get.

Thank you soooo much! And keep those pictures and reviews coming. :-)
Old 01-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #278
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebrown96 View Post
I am absolutely loving this thread, especially seeing everyone's pictures. It's making me even more excited for our trip, which seems sooooo far away!

Anyway, I was wondering if you Poly pros have any advice/suggestions/tips for a first timer? It all seems so overwhelming! We'll be at Poly for a week with parkhopper tickets and we are on a dining plan. We are still trying to figure out ADRs, which I know we need to do ASAP. However, we are waiting to find out if my mother wants to join us on our trip, so we can't make our ADRs until we know how many to make the reservations for.

Anyway, it's basically my husband, myself and our 4-year old daughter and possibly my mom. I'll take as much advice as I can get.

Also along with this thread there is also www.tikimanpages.com where there is pretty extensive reviews, info, maps, and more on the Poly.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #279
HalloweenNut
Rapidly becoming obsessive about all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreacherMouse View Post
Almost to the Poly.... Tomorrow! :d ance3:
WOW! Congrats! I can't wait until our ticker gets down to 1 day. You must be so excited!! Have a great trip.

Pirates, Jedi & Characters, Oh My! (aka... an excess of planning pays off!) An April 2012 Trip Report at the Polynesian
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #280
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalloweenNut View Post
WOW! Congrats! I can't wait until our ticker gets down to 1 day. You must be so excited!! Have a great trip.
I think it just flipped to 1 day I just looked and it was at that point. But I believe they leave today, or did I get that wrong?
Old 01-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #281
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Cool, is there a source for the pricing for other levels like the ones near the boat docks and which are better than most? I don't want to get stuck behind a boat dock either lol.
The one that I posted is the premium cabana at last I checked there was only one of them. The other two are located beside each other just above the pool in the middle. It used to be the smoking/tanning area. I really liked the premium cabana because I am off the beaten path so there is not people just walking into the cabana! I did have a couple of nasty incidents though.. Some thought that the comfy chairs could be used but not paid for.. Had one person cuss me out as they were leaving to go back to THEIR resort because they thought they had a right to grab our chairs for wishes!

You can rent them or reserve them by calling 1-407-939-7529 (1-407-WDW-play)

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #282
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
The one that I posted is the premium cabana at last I checked there was only one of them. The other two are located beside each other just above the pool in the middle. It used to be the smoking/tanning area. I really liked the premium cabana because I am off the beaten path so there is not people just walking into the cabana! I did have a couple of nasty incidents though.. Some thought that the comfy chairs could be used but not paid for.. Had one person cuss me out as they were leaving to go back to THEIR resort because they thought they had a right to grab our chairs for wishes!

You can rent them or reserve them by calling 1-407-939-7529 (1-407-WDW-play)
Wow I was reading that, when I got to the part about the cussing, they were just jealous. But they do look comfy. I am about to call them right now and inquire about it. Thanks so much for the info!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #283
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What I would suggest with your ADR's make your reservation for 3. There is no tables that hold just three. So if your mom joins in then all that much better. The only ones that you shouldn't make ADR's for until you know is the "dinner shows" they charge per person regardless..

I wish we could go back to the poly for the first time!!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
Old 01-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #284
Tebrown96
Mouseketeer

Thanks, Venomhatch! Bookmarking it right now! :-)
Old 01-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #285
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Thanks, Venomhatch! Bookmarking it right now! :-)
Yeah no problem, even the cast members at the resort drop this site to potential guests wanting to stay there. Of course it's unofficial. But it is very helpful picking out ideal areas you'd like to be placed hopefully lol.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: