Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 05:28 AM   #151
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubysparkles View Post
Both my flights say they arrive/depart at 12am on my reservation. This isn't the case. Is that just normal?

I booked my package through the US site, but I'm from the UK and now I'm freaking out that something will go wrong! I haven't received anything in the mail (but I've spoken to people on the phone and the site says everything about my reservation is ok).

What do I need to prove that I'm booked on ME anyway?

Thanks for any responses.
DME doesn't ship anything out of the country....with the possible exception of Canada.
So....you most likely won't be getting anything from DME. You will have to go through customs in the US, so just keep your bags with you at that point.
When you get to the DME counter, you will have to go through the line. You don't have any vouchers, so they will have to print them up for you. You will need an ID to prove you are who you say you are. They will look you up in the system, see that you have a reservation, and print you out vouchers.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #152
dgundry
Disney's In My DNA

Luggage via DME when staying off-site 1st night

I'm considering arriving the night before our WDW reservations and staying at the airport Hilton Garden Inn (on points) the first night we arrive so we can head over on DME the next morning and hit the ground running in the parks.

QUESTIONS:

1. Can I DME my luggage on the day I arrive even though I am DME'ing the following day?

2. If YES, will my WDW resort hold my luggage that long?

3. If NO, is the only alternative not to DME my luggage, pick them up in MCO at baggage claim and carry them on to DME when I take the bus the next morning?

(I simply love giving my bags a kiss goodbye at my airport and not giving them a care in the world until they arrive all tassled, torn and looked-over in my hotel room. I really don't want to have to intercept them at MCO if I don't have to.)

In advance, thanks a million Mickey's!
dgundry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #153
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Nope....DME is effective only when your WDW resort reservation is in effect. So, if you arrive the day before your reservation starts, you can't use any part of DME. You will have to get your own bags and then bring them back to the airport and DME checkin the next day.
Since you'll be spending the night at the airport, you won't be spending park time waiting at baggage claim.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #154
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

I saw somebody mention this earlier but didn't see an answer. Is it normal for DME to have your flight times down as 12am? Both my flights say 12am although they are 6pm and 1pm. I thought this might change as we got closer to time but we're 9 days out now and it still says 12am
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #155
tinkerbell_29
DIS Veteran

I've read the whole thread and my head now hurts. We have used DME before and get get how it works. This Christmas we are coming down 3 days before our cruise to have a little time at the parks. Scheduled DME because we do not need a car this trip. If we get there go to the DME welcome desk check in and then realize the wait is too long and decide to take a taxi is our luggage still going to show up? We have all intentions to ride the bus but since we have limited time I don't want to waste time waiting in the airport. Really unsure whether or not we should tag our luggage.
tinkerbell_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:22 AM   #156
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

completely up to you. The time from gate to resort, runs about 70 mins. If you 'get in line' and then decide it could get too long to wait, and you decide to take a cab....the time will be about 45 mins by the time you make the decision, get a cab and get to your resort and the cost will be about $60.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #157
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered. We are flying SW, because, well, it's cheap and easy. SW, of course, allows us to have 2 checked bags apiece. As a family of 4, we really probably were going to bring one per person, plus one "extra" with snacks and such, used for souvenirs on the way home. DME has sent me only 4 yellow tags. Can I call and get another, or can I only check the 4 bags?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #158
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

I have a question, I'm not sure its been asked before or not. But, can I take the DME bus to a resort other than the one I'm checking into?

Let's say I'm staying at AKL but I want to have breakfast first thing at the Poly. When I get to the DME line can I ask to take the bus to the Poly. Have lunch then take a bus over to AKL from MK or something and check in to my resort?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #159
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered. We are flying SW, because, well, it's cheap and easy. SW, of course, allows us to have 2 checked bags apiece. As a family of 4, we really probably were going to bring one per person, plus one "extra" with snacks and such, used for souvenirs on the way home. DME has sent me only 4 yellow tags. Can I call and get another, or can I only check the 4 bags?

Thanks!
Give DME a ring (call DME direct, not CRO -- the number should be in your booklet) and they will send you another set of tags. We've done this a number of times in the past six months alone. We each carry a bag, and then there's a suitcase which we've named the "everything bag" -- it has, snacks, ponchos, first aid, misc stuff and, well -- everything. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post
I have a question, I'm not sure its been asked before or not. But, can I take the DME bus to a resort other than the one I'm checking into?

Let's say I'm staying at AKL but I want to have breakfast first thing at the Poly. When I get to the DME line can I ask to take the bus to the Poly. Have lunch then take a bus over to AKL from MK or something and check in to my resort?
DME will only take you to your resort, unfortunately. It would be handy if you could go elsewhere, though!
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #160
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post

As you've already been told, no, you can't take the DME bus to another resort. But, I have another issue. It's really unwise to book any ADR too close to your arrival time. Why? Your flight can be delayed, it could take longer than usual once you get to MCO...any number of things could happen. The vast majority of us won't book an ADR within 4 hrs of our WDW arrival. If you do decide to book an ADR within that time, you may want to either take a cab directly to that ADR, or hire a car service.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #161
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
As you've already been told, no, you can't take the DME bus to another resort. But, I have another issue. It's really unwise to book any ADR too close to your arrival time. Why? Your flight can be delayed, it could take longer than usual once you get to MCO...any number of things could happen. The vast majority of us won't book an ADR within 4 hrs of our WDW arrival. If you do decide to book an ADR within that time, you may want to either take a cab directly to that ADR, or hire a car service.
I haven't booked anything. I was just wondering if it was possible to do this. If it had been possible I was thinking of trying as a walk up. But we'll just try to eat there later in the week.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #162
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Nope....DME is effective only when your WDW resort reservation is in effect. So, if you arrive the day before your reservation starts, you can't use any part of DME. You will have to get your own bags and then bring them back to the airport and DME checkin the next day.
Since you'll be spending the night at the airport, you won't be spending park time waiting at baggage claim.
I spoke to a CR cast member about this very thing the other day and she insisted that it was ok to use DME and that the bags would be delivered from bell services upon check in the next day.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:45 PM   #163
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR View Post
Give DME a ring (call DME direct, not CRO -- the number should be in your booklet) and they will send you another set of tags. We've done this a number of times in the past six months alone. We each carry a bag, and then there's a suitcase which we've named the "everything bag" -- it has, snacks, ponchos, first aid, misc stuff and, well -- everything. lol
Just wanted to say thanks.

Also, when I called DME, they were reluctant to send more tags as we were within 10 days... (Yay, btw! We leave Monday!)

Anyway, apparently you can also get all the luggage claim tix, paying special attention to any without the yellow tags. When I get to the DME desk, we're supposed to tell them we have "four bags with yellow tags and THIS one" giving them the extra claim ticket. It should apparently also work.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #164
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

Question...we are arriving at 6am from an overnight flight and plan to stay at airport Hyatt in a day room for a few hours to sleep when we arrive. Should we tell ME or will they essentially not care which bus we take later or why. Our kids need sleep and will not be in good moods if we try to take them to the resort before our room is ready. The Hyatt said we could get a room as early as 7 or 8 am even though it is not officially ours until 10am. We would likely leave around 1 or 2 to go to the resort.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #165
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
Question...we are arriving at 6am from an overnight flight and plan to stay at airport Hyatt in a day room for a few hours to sleep when we arrive. Should we tell ME or will they essentially not care which bus we take later or why. Our kids need sleep and will not be in good moods if we try to take them to the resort before our room is ready. The Hyatt said we could get a room as early as 7 or 8 am even though it is not officially ours until 10am. We would likely leave around 1 or 2 to go to the resort.
You should be fine. If you choose to tag your checked bags, DME will still pick them up and deliver them to your WDW resort...that service starts up around 5am. Then, when you're ready to head to WDW, just walk down to the DME area, check in and hop into the bus line. DME doesn't really care what time you arrive. You aren't assigned a particular bus.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: