Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #2386
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaurie View Post
We will be staying at CBR for the first time 2/11-2/18. After reading this thread, which we are so happy to have found due to the enormous amount of useful info, we are wondering if we should make a room request or just let the chips fall and hope we'll get an "upgrade." This is our third trip, first time in 2006 at SOG and again in 2010 at POP. We love the extras and the "Disney vibe" you get staying on Disney property and would never go back to SOG. We loved POP but with two boys now 9 and 12 we thought we could use a little more space. It's the first time for us on the DDP (free!) and we are very excited about that! Another first, we decided to drive this time from Maryland instead of flying. Wish us luck!
We made some requests - connecting rooms and ground floor (we had a wheelchair for my grandfather plus he's not too good on the stairs now and two strollers) other than that we decided to let it fall where it may with the idea that if we didn't like where it fell we'd ask if there were other options at check-in since we didn't do online check-in. We had a wonderful CM at check-in and we got both our connecting rooms and ground floor and a wonderful location in Jamaica 44 on the inner courtyard which was a nice view - literally steps from the quiet pool, walking through the courtyard between 44 and 45 deposited you basically at the entrance to the bridge, and you couldn't get too much closer to the bus stop either. So needless to say I was quite pleased with where things fell for us.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
Old 01-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #2387
billlaurie
Alwaysthinkingboutthenext trip

Martinique sounds perfect but we don't want to pay extra to stay there. Has anyone been "upgraded" there without having to fork over extra cash? We plan on doing the online check in since we will be arriving very early in the AM. After driving all night, we're hoping we will be as lucky as others on the thread and have a room ready and waiting for us! Sounds like Jamaica is the best "non-preferred" village. I'm torn between asking for it or just seeing what happens when we check in. I am worried about getting put in Aruba due to the cold pool and the parking lot situation. In 2006, my daughter stayed in CBR with her school dance group. The rest of the fam stayed at SOG, but I remember visiting here at CBR and there was a similar parking lot-bus thing going on with their group. Wouldn't want to have a room right next to that!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #2388
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Martinique sounds perfect but we don't want to pay extra to stay there. Has anyone been "upgraded" there without having to fork over extra cash? We plan on doing the online check in since we will be arriving very early in the AM. After driving all night, we're hoping we will be as lucky as others on the thread and have a room ready and waiting for us! Sounds like Jamaica is the best "non-preferred" village. I'm torn between asking for it or just seeing what happens when we check in. I am worried about getting put in Aruba due to the cold pool and the parking lot situation. In 2006, my daughter stayed in CBR with her school dance group. The rest of the fam stayed at SOG, but I remember visiting here at CBR and there was a similar parking lot-bus thing going on with their group. Wouldn't want to have a room right next to that!
Hi - ask for building 21, we stayed in room 2116 - it's a non preferred. If you have a chance to watch our You Tube Video under our ticker, you may be able to see the court yard in front of our room.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 01-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #2389
billlaurie

Thanks for the tip. I thought all of Martinique was preferred!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #2390
Dopey Fan
I just got back from Disney, but I'm already planning our next trip.

Quote:
We stayed in Aruba, but were just as close to the Jamaica pool as the Aruba pool. So, if the pool in your village isn't comfortably heated you may want to check out the pool in the village next door.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #2391
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
We were upgraded to Martinique, building 25, last January. It was such a wonderful location, I think I would pay for preferred next time (and I've never paid for an upgraded location before).

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 01-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #2392
mrFDNY
I'll be back mrFDNY. I have my eye on you! *~*The Tag Fairy*~*
Has yet to meet any DISers. Could it be his deodorant?
I just freak out like a little 4 y/o girl in pig tails

Hi gang,

Just booked. Having stayed at cbr many times, we booked it again. Staying feb 15-22. I Can't wait!! Shh, its a surprise. Taking our 19 month old for his 2nd trip and our 11 year old thinks were flying in to vermont, he has no idea that were really flying into DISNEY!!!!!!!

The few,the proud,dis men!

Remember- " All gave some, But some gave all", SEPT 11,2001
Old 01-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #2393
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrFDNY View Post
Hi gang,

Just booked. Having stayed at cbr many times, we booked it again. Staying feb 15-22. I Can't wait!! Shh, its a surprise. Taking our 19 month old for his 2nd trip and our 11 year old thinks were flying in to vermont, he has no idea that were really flying into DISNEY!!!!!!!
Congrats, I see MK open til 1AM every night that week, is that because of Pres week?

Also have you stayed in Pirates room (Trin S)? If so is it much of a walk to H House? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #2394
mrFDNY
I'll be back mrFDNY. I have my eye on you! *~*The Tag Fairy*~*
Has yet to meet any DISers. Could it be his deodorant?
I just freak out like a little 4 y/o girl in pig tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Congrats, I see MK open til 1AM every night that week, is that because of Pres week?

Also have you stayed in Pirates room (Trin S)? If so is it much of a walk to H House? Thanks.
Yes, its a busy time and the more crowds the later the parks stay open. Never have stayed in a pirate room before, the resort is large and i would imagine its a 10-15 minute walk. However maybe someone here that has stayed in one can clarify that.

The few,the proud,dis men!

Remember- " All gave some, But some gave all", SEPT 11,2001
Old 01-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #2395
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Hi - ask for building 21, we stayed in room 2116 - it's a non preferred. If you have a chance to watch our You Tube Video under our ticker, you may be able to see the court yard in front of our room.
I just watched your youtube video and really enjoyed it! It gets me so excited for our trip and CBR.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #2396
billlaurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
We were upgraded to Martinique, building 25, last January. It was such a wonderful location, I think I would pay for preferred next time (and I've never paid for an upgraded location before).
How'd you get the upgrade???
Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #2397
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
What do you mean by H House?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #2398
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How'd you get the upgrade???
I believe it's called pixie dust.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #2399
dredick
DIS Veteran

We just got back today from staying at CBR. We stayed in Jamaica 4424. We did not ask for a water view but we had a great one! We were almost right across from the bridge and had a quiet pool right next to us too! The walk to the main pool and food court was about 5 min. Of course, the main pool was down after our 1st day. We did get into it our 1st day but it was very cold! Our quite pool was MUCH warmer. We also only had a 3 min walk to our bus stop. Never had to wait more than 15 min for a bus, and our buses where never packed. Full, but not packed. There is a lot of construction and touch ups going on right now (worse at MK) but that is to be expected this time of year. I would say the food court was no better or worse than any other Disney resort we stayed at. I am glad we did not do a pirate room. They are so far away from everything. Maybe if my kids were younger? All in all, great trip and we really enjoyed CBR!

Debbie 40 DH 41 DS 17 DS 14
1. OffSite 6/94 2. Offsite 6/96 3. ASM 9/99
4. ASMo 9/01 5. CBR 7/02 6. POR 10/03 7. FWR 6/04
8. POP 10/04 9. PORQ 12/04 10. 3 TRIPS Offsite '05 11. ASsp 6/06
12. ASMu Suite 5/07 13. ASMu 7/07 14. WONDER 9/08 15. POP 9/08 16. SSR 6/09
17. WONDER 6/10 18. CBR 1/12 19.POFQ 3/14
20. (booked) ASMu Suite 6/15
Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #2400
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
What do you mean by H House?
I think he meant Custom House--where you check in at. It's over across from Barbados. Here's a map. Click on it twice to enlarge it.

http://allears.net/acc/cbrmap.jpg

Last edited by aubriee; 01-26-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: