Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #16
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

Good luck on deciding. We will be staying at the Best Western Park Place aka BWPPI starting tomorrow night and we will be leaving on Sunday. Like I said we really like it and I really like how close it is at the end of the night when I am tired of walking. When I see that crosswalk I know I am almost there. It is comfort.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

When to go? That is the question!

So I've made it obvious that I won't be going to Disneyland until after Cars Land opens. I will also state that I hate traveling during the summer months, so I've decided that it looks like I'll be going to Disneyland ---

Drum roll please!

In October or November.

I'm definitely leaning more towards October. I was planning on the beginning but I heard that Toy Story Midway Mania will be closed until October 10th. So I'm considering October 17th to October 23rd.

I think I'm convinced of going to Mickey's Halloween Party this year, too.

I can't wait until martinolichfamily (is that supposed to be Martinolich family or am I just seeing things? ) comes back from their July trip so I can get the down low on Cars Land.

If we decide to go in November... well I haven't decided on dates yet.
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
BeckWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #18
BeckWhy

And just because I haven't gotten enough attention today:

It's my birthday! Yes, thank you thank you. *Bows*
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
Old 01-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
BeckWhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesszelda View Post
Good luck on deciding. We will be staying at the Best Western Park Place aka BWPPI starting tomorrow night and we will be leaving on Sunday. Like I said we really like it and I really like how close it is at the end of the night when I am tired of walking. When I see that crosswalk I know I am almost there. It is comfort.
I'm assuming the BWPPI is probably a shorter walk than when I'm at any of the parks in WDW and have to walk to the bus stop for POP Century.

Let me know how the customer service is while you're there. And if you check out the breakfast, let me know how that is and what they serve.

BWPPI has both a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, right?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #20
BeckWhy

I like to make random three line posts, so here comes another one.

If you like to look at pictures, I'm definitely a person to follow. I take about 1200 pictures a trip, and I usually post all of them. You can check out my trip report from WDW 2006 if you want to see. And if you want to see pictures from 2008 or 2009 let me know. I'll get them online or something!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #21
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

When we where there in October they had great customer service. Yes botha mini fridge and a microwave. I take a ton of pics as well.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
BeckWhy

Quote:
When we where there in October they had great customer service. Yes botha mini fridge and a microwave. I take a ton of pics as well.
Do you have any trip reports or Photobucket or anything? I'd love to take a gander at your pics.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
princesszelda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy View Post
Do you have any trip reports or Photobucket or anything? I'd love to take a gander at your pics.
I have a PTR going for this trip. Most of my pics are on FB.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
BeckWhy

Quote:
I have a PTR going for this trip. Most of my pics are on FB.
Well if you want to be FB friends, PM me.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #25
BeckWhy

So I don't have much of a life and decided I should watch all the Disney animation DVDs I own. I know there are some of you out there that own far more than I do, but I have a nice selection. I couldn't decide what to watch first, so I figured I should watch them in chronological order. That's a great idea, except I don't know enough about Disney animation to know what came after what. I have the first few down.

So I watched Snow White first. I should watch this again before Disneyland since there is the Snow White ride or attraction or whatever it is. But watching it got me excited for the opening of the new Fantasyland in WDW.

Next SHOULD have been Pinocchio, but I don't own it. Don't ask me how, but I don't.

So now I'm onto Fantasia. I enjoy classical music very much and love laying around letting it take my imagination wherever it wants to go. So I actually have a hard time paying attention to the movie, since my brain wants to think whatever it wants and not see what Disney has come up with for their interpretation. But alas I must say, I do not like the dinosaur scene. It's so funny. I'm ok watching humans hurt or kill each other, but for some reason watching the Rex attack the Stegosaurus, it just upsets me a lot. Oh well.

Dumbo is next, I think?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #26
martinolichfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I've made it obvious that I won't be going to Disneyland until after Cars Land opens. I will also state that I hate traveling during the summer months, so I've decided that it looks like I'll be going to Disneyland ---

Drum roll please!

In October or November.

I'm definitely leaning more towards October. I was planning on the beginning but I heard that Toy Story Midway Mania will be closed until October 10th. So I'm considering October 17th to October 23rd.

I think I'm convinced of going to Mickey's Halloween Party this year, too.

I can't wait until martinolichfamily (is that supposed to be Martinolich family or am I just seeing things? ) comes back from their July trip so I can get the down low on Cars Land.

If we decide to go in November... well I haven't decided on dates yet.
Yep...got the name correct!

Quote:
And just because I haven't gotten enough attention today:

It's my birthday! Yes, thank you thank you. *Bows*
I've been Mia a bit...so.... Belated

Quote:
I like to make random three line posts, so here comes another one.

If you like to look at pictures, I'm definitely a person to follow. I take about 1200 pictures a trip, and I usually post all of them. You can check out my trip report from WDW 2006 if you want to see. And if you want to see pictures from 2008 or 2009 let me know. I'll get them online or something!
I love looking at pics from trips! I too take tons!
March 2007: 1st family vacation (off site) ~ July 2009: Fort Wilderness Cabin ~ July 2010: POP Century w/DxDP ~ April 2011:POP Century w/DP (Our 10 yr Anniversary Trip) ~ July 2012:1st Disneyland Trip(Desert Palms) ~ January 2013: offsite (DH & I) ~ July 2013: SS & AKL:Kidani (Brayden's 1st WDW Trip! & 1st DVC Trip!)~ November 2013: SS Treehouse & BC ~March 2014: Bonnet Creek (offsite) ~ June 2014: OKW
martinolichfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #27
BeckWhy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinolichfamily View Post
Yep...got the name correct!

I've been Mia a bit...so.... Belated

I love looking at pics from trips! I too take tons!
Thanks for the belated birthday wishes.

I've been sort of MIA also. One of my jobs does this "on call" thing and so I'm scheduled to work only 7 or 8 hours a week, but because of this "on call" I work 5 days. I haven't been able to do much. I also got really sick. I don't know if it was the flu, a cold, or allergies. No medicine I took helped. And I have insomnia for some reason. You'd think I'd be up all night online if I couldn't sleep, but I just lay in bed trying to sleep.

I've been spending some time with my mom lately too. With the release of Breaking Dawn Part I, I had her watch all the Twilight movies and just watched Breaking Dawn last night. It makes me want to reread the books all over again. She also found some random figurines somewhere so we've been spending time painting those.

I know I don't have much of a life. Oh well.

I have to get back on track with this trip report thing soon though. I know not much has changed, still waiting for plane tickets and such. I still don't know if anyone is going with me. I think I've decided what restaurants I want to try (they are all quick service).

Ok I think that's it for now. I better get back to work!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #28
BeckWhy

JetBlue just released their schedules for October! I'm so excited! Not bad flight times, but I'm also not booking my flights right now. I'm just excited!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #29
BeckWhy

Just a few things...

I've noticed that I goes through a lot during my trip planning process. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive. Oh well!

I'm currently attempting to find another job. Maybe not to replace the current job I have, but to supplement it. I do have two jobs already, but one of them schedules me around 8 hours a week, but schedule 5 days also. It's really stressful. So I'm working on finding another job (or even a full time one) so I can have a bit more money. I can make ends meet now, but a little extra money never hurt anyone, right?

Ok that was my little pitty party. Now... I'm all sorts of paranoid about the rumors of the attractions that will close come fall for refurbishment: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Alice in Wonderland, and Indiana Jones. Do I really want to go if the latter two are closed? I mean, we don't have those in WDW, so I'd be missing out. Should I just wait until next year? If I postpone Disneyland until 2013, I think I'll go to Universal Orlando this year for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Of course I haven't been to Universal Orlando since I can't even remember... the 90s?

Or maybe it's not a big deal if I miss those couple of attractions at Disneyland? I could always just go again in 2015. (Disneyland in 2012, Universal Orlando 2013, Walt Disney World 2014.)

The worst part is we won't even know about the attractions closing until late August or early September.

See I have a feeling that I'm going to book the trip if plane ticket prices take a dip. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm prepared to pay the $400 or so they are charging right now, it's just when you book flights this early in advance, they change the flight time a million times. And I really want to book the best flight times.

Speaking of flights, JetBlue and SouthWest have finally released their October schedule. Both have pretty good flights, but SouthWest is by far better (and cheaper). At least for me (and my mom if she goes). My sister on the other hand, if she wants to go.... oy! Plane ticket prices are SO FREAKING MUCH! I don't even understand why since they are direct flights from New York to Los Angeles. In fact, our JetBlue flights stops at JFK for layovers. And our tickets are CHEAPER!

Well, it's still really early. 8 months to go still.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #30
BeckWhy

When to go? Yet again!

Initially I was planning on traveling from Wednesday to Tuesday. But plane ticket prices on SouthWest are the same almost any of the week. So I'm starting to think maybe Monday to Sunday. Here's my logic:
Monday: Arrive - Downtown Disney, hotel/nap, dinner at Bubba Gump's (unless I go by myself, then I doubt I'll walk there)
Tuesday: Parks
Wednesday: Parks
Thursday: Parks
Friday: Parks
Saturday: Parks
Sunday: Goodbye
Everyone tends to say that the parks are busiest Friday - Sunday, BUT they also have a lot more entertainment scheduled. So I'm thinking the Tuesday - Thursday we can spend time on rides and attractions (and try to get World of Color in), then Friday and Saturday we will have more time to catch entertainment if we missed it earlier in the week or it just didn't happen during the week.

So if I decide to do Disneyland, I'm hoping plane ticket prices stay the same through out the week (not get more expensive on the weekends, knock on wood).

Also, initially I was planning on taking an early flight out. That means I'd have to leave my house around 3:45 am! And who knows how early I'd have to get up to do my makeup. I'd arrive at LAX around 11:00 am, so I mean, like I said earlier, take a nap. Or I guess I could sleep in later and take a later flight out. Arrive at LAX around 5-ish?

Decisions! decisions!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: