Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #256
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Can you imagine a group of angry Poly guests storming Captain Cooks demanding hot breakfast?

(that's what we would look like, demanding Tonga Toast)
Old 01-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #257
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTheMute View Post
Did Captain Cooks stop selling Tonga Toast? It's not on the DIS Menu anymore.
WHAT?!?!?!?!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #258
joshua4
DIS Veteran

quick question

Help -- leaving for Poly in two days and the person I am travelling with is bringing a laptop and wanted to know if the safe in the room is big enough to hold a standard laptop. I don't recall how big disney safes are --- anyone remember??? Thanks.

Lauren
Old 01-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #259
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua4 View Post
Help -- leaving for Poly in two days and the person I am travelling with is bringing a laptop and wanted to know if the safe in the room is big enough to hold a standard laptop. I don't recall how big disney safes are --- anyone remember??? Thanks.

Lauren
Nope. But you could always just keep it in your suitcase if you feel uneasy about it. I took my laptop last year and never had a problem. Just kept it on the desk.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:54 AM   #260
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!

Just jumping in to say thanks for the info on this thread. Only a week to go until I'm at the Poly with my mom and daughter (our first girl's only trip)!

My mom and daughter (9) think we're staying at POFQ but I upgraded us to the Poly last week using the AP discount. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep it a surprise from them - I'd like to be on the DME bus and when it pulls up to the Poly say "we need to get out here", but I don't think that's very realistic. Our flight lands at MCO next Wednesday night around 9:50 PM. Since the landing is so close to the 10:00 PM DME luggage cut off time we won't be using our yellow luggage tags and claiming our luggage so my mom won't see the resort name on the tags. But I'm guessing they'll figure out we're going to the Polynesian when we get in the line for the bus going there and not the POFQ bus.

Any thoughts on how I should surprise them given the logistics of DME without revealing prior to arriving at the Poly, or do you think the reveal will need to happen at MCO?

Also, any updates on the volcano pool/slide - I read a few pages back that it may be closed while we are there?

Mahalo!

Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013, YC May 2014, BWI July 2014
Old 01-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #261
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Good morning!!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #262
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Good morning!!
Good morning to you also..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
Any thoughts on how I should surprise them given the logistics of DME without revealing prior to arriving at the Poly, or do you think the reveal will need to happen at MCO?

Also, any updates on the volcano pool/slide - I read a few pages back that it may be closed while we are there?

Mahalo!

My thoughts are maybe you can keep them distracted from whats going on as your in line for the bus like a conversation about something somewhere else or about something else away from the current situation. Keep their mind away from the process of the line. Once you get past the bus check in you should be fine. When you go a different way than you normally go to the resort tell them, "Ohh I guess they changed their route" or something. Maybe that will work. It works on my parents. I just overwhelm their thoughts with other thoughts and it works like aa charm.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #263
brea
Mouseketeer

I figure this would be a good place to ask this. On the tikiman facebook page he posted some pics of the renovated honneymoon suite. They have a deep tub in it with jets. Is this the only room you can get that type of tub in?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #264
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

We are considering ways to save a bit of money during our upcoming WDW trip in August. Currently we are booked from April 20th - 24th, Garden View Club Level with an AP rate. The total is $2112.76. Switching to garden view will save us $464.76!

We have stayed just garden view in the past and have loved in. We are actually interested in trying out Tokelau or Tahiti as we are 3 adults in one room and the extra space and double sinks would be a great option!

We would even consider booking lagoon view as we have heard Tahiti offers spectacular views and it would be a significant savings over Lagoon CL.

What are the best rooms to request in Tahiti? Does anyone have garden view and lagoon view pics from Tahiti rooms?
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
Old 01-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #265
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
We are considering ways to save a bit of money during our upcoming WDW trip in August. Currently we are booked from April 20th - 24th, Garden View Club Level with an AP rate. The total is $2112.76. Switching to garden view will save us $464.76!

We have stayed just garden view in the past and have loved in. We are actually interested in trying out Tokelau or Tahiti as we are 3 adults in one room and the extra space and double sinks would be a great option!

We would even consider booking lagoon view as we have heard Tahiti offers spectacular views and it would be a significant savings over Lagoon CL.

What are the best rooms to request in Tahiti? Does anyone have garden view and lagoon view pics from Tahiti rooms?
Tokelau only has one sink in the bathroom (but I prefer that for more counter space!) I haven't stayed in Tahiti though, only Tokelau!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #266
Tebrown96
Mouseketeer

Wow, great information!

Holy moly! I've read through only 8 pages of replies to this thread and it's amazing what I'm learning! We're taking our first family vacation to WDW in May (100 days till we go!) and are staying at Poly. DH and I have each been to WDW (separately, before we met) but neither of have been in over a decade. So, I am super-psyched, especially to be bringing our 4 year old DD. I will be reading and reading and reading to fully be ready for our trip! Thanks for putting this great thread together! :-)

-Tracy
Old 01-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #267
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebrown96 View Post
Holy moly! I've read through only 8 pages of replies to this thread and it's amazing what I'm learning! We're taking our first family vacation to WDW in May (100 days till we go!) and are staying at Poly. DH and I have each been to WDW (separately, before we met) but neither of have been in over a decade. So, I am super-psyched, especially to be bringing our 4 year old DD. I will be reading and reading and reading to fully be ready for our trip! Thanks for putting this great thread together! :-)

-Tracy
You guys are going to have a blast! There's so much stuff to do. Staying at the Poly is a vacation just by itself.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #268
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
Just jumping in to say thanks for the info on this thread. Only a week to go until I'm at the Poly with my mom and daughter (our first girl's only trip)!

My mom and daughter (9) think we're staying at POFQ but I upgraded us to the Poly last week using the AP discount. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep it a surprise from them - I'd like to be on the DME bus and when it pulls up to the Poly say "we need to get out here", but I don't think that's very realistic. Our flight lands at MCO next Wednesday night around 9:50 PM. Since the landing is so close to the 10:00 PM DME luggage cut off time we won't be using our yellow luggage tags and claiming our luggage so my mom won't see the resort name on the tags. But I'm guessing they'll figure out we're going to the Polynesian when we get in the line for the bus going there and not the POFQ bus.

Mahalo!

HAHA! I did this in december with my family! They thought we were staying at POP and I upgraded to TPV CL!! What I did is when we arrived at MCO we went on down to the buses (after you get your luggage) and I made sure to be a little in front of them so they wouldn't hear what the guy said... and when my family asked why we were in the Poly/WL/CR/GF line I just told them that is where they told me to go. They didn't question it! And since it will be so late for you it would be even easier to say something like.... the bus is making more stops because there aren't many coming in tonight! Then... when the bus driver started talking about the stops I made sure I was talking to them so they were distracted. It actually worked! Hey... its a long shot but it would be fun! Even at that... when you get on the bus and if they hear the resorts, you can just say... this is where they said to go! Or just look at them crazy... and ignore them! Then when you get to the Poly tell them to get out! LOL...
Old 01-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #269
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
HAHA! I did this in december with my family! They thought we were staying at POP and I upgraded to TPV CL!! What I did is when we arrived at MCO we went on down to the buses (after you get your luggage) and I made sure to be a little in front of them so they wouldn't hear what the guy said... and when my family asked why we were in the Poly/WL/CR/GF line I just told them that is where they told me to go. They didn't question it! And since it will be so late for you it would be even easier to say something like.... the bus is making more stops because there aren't many coming in tonight! Then... when the bus driver started talking about the stops I made sure I was talking to them so they were distracted. It actually worked! Hey... its a long shot but it would be fun! Even at that... when you get on the bus and if they hear the resorts, you can just say... this is where they said to go! Or just look at them crazy... and ignore them! Then when you get to the Poly tell them to get out! LOL...
Wow princssdisnygina - upgrading to TPV CL what an awesome surprise!! Thanks for the advice, I will try to make sure I'm in front of them at MCO aand have the booklet in hand so I can talk to the DME person first, then I'll throw in there about the buses making more stops and hope I can keep them distracted from announcements until we arrive. I can't wait to see their faces - especially after my mom keeps telling me she wants to go over to the Poly to visit it on our trip. Little does she know....
Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013, YC May 2014, BWI July 2014
Old 01-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #270
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Good morning!! Premium cabana. Oh how comfy the furniture was!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: