Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

321GO - The Alternative West Coast PTR

Welcome to my PTR for my latest adventure. I'm very excited about the holiday which is in 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days, but we only booked it yesterday which is very unusual for us as I love to plan but real life got in the way with getting something booked and now it seems very close and nothing is sorted. What makes me extra nervous about it being so close and having nothing organised is that DH is planning this holiday not me, I promised him back in 2010 that he could pick where we went this year but I said he couldn't pick and then leave me to do all the hard work. I cannot help interfering here and there though and have to keep proding him to research stuff. So at Christmas we decided enough was enough we were booking a holiday, I sat DH down with the laptop and told him to pick somewhere. Three days later he says to me i've got 3 options, I nearly cried when he told me because they all contained a bit of Disney and I was having serious Disney blues. I was happy with all 3 options so let him pick the one he liked best. We've mulled it over these last 3 weeks and as I said finally booked part of it yesterday so the plan is, drumroll please...

4 nights in Vancouver
7 night Disney Wonder Cruise to Alaska
2 nights in Seattle
3 nights in San Diego

So very excited to be doing a Disney cruise again. Although its ironic that when we did our honeymoon cruise it was January and rather cold we said we'd do a cruise again in hot weather and we've ended up on a cold cruise again. Also happy to be finally seeing San Diego after missing it out on both of our West Coast Trips in 2005 and 2011.

So far we've booked the cruise with Dreams and the flights with BA inc an internal flight with AA through Expedia. We had hoped to fly Virgin and use our airmiles to go PE but they only start flying to Vancouver a week after we fly! No hotels are booked yet but may have decided on the Seattle one, need to keep the cost down on hotels as much as possible as the trip is really adding up. On the cruise we're just in a inside cabin to save on money and on the honeymoon we never used our balconey.

I'll be back soon with more info and details plus why its called the 321 TR but i'll leave you with this photo for now as DH has challanged me to lose enough weight to fit into this dress in time for Palo again!

Last edited by Chilly; 05-20-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

Sounds fantastic Claire, you'll have to tell us more at Tony Romas.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Wow, you just coul;nd't wait to get the pre-trippy started. Glad you (sorry, Mike) got it booked. And at least you get to choose where you go next year

I know what you mean, being nervous about leaving Mike to do all the planning. Gary could never do it (actually, that's a lie, I could never leave him in peace to do it )

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans. That's a gorgeous dress, by the way. If I lose enough weight, can I borrow it for MY holiday in August
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony64 View Post
Sounds fantastic Claire, you'll have to tell us more at Tony Romas.
Not a problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Wow, you just coul;nd't wait to get the pre-trippy started. Glad you (sorry, Mike) got it booked. And at least you get to choose where you go next year

I know what you mean, being nervous about leaving Mike to do all the planning. Gary could never do it (actually, that's a lie, I could never leave him in peace to do it )

Looking forward to hearing more about your plans. That's a gorgeous dress, by the way. If I lose enough weight, can I borrow it for MY holiday in August
This makes it more real Joh. I have to say i'm not doing very well at leaving Mike to it. You can of course borrow my dress.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Why the name 321

Well to start with it feels like a race to get everything booked, researched and organised and we're in the starting blocks now. But it also symbolises the different bits of the trip...

3 flights - 2 countries - 1 cruise

3 states - 2 new to us - 1 we've been to before

3 ports on the cruise - 2 days at sea - 1 cruising day

i've got some more but they're a bit of a stretch so i'll leave it there!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Claire L
Enjoys a good broadway show
Likes a nice cold glass of White Zinfandel
Has been known to have a blonde moment now and then

Oh sounds like a great holiday, you will love Seattle

I so want to go to Alaska and San Diego so will be good to hear your thoughts once you have been.
Aug 90 to Mar 98 - 6 visits to US and 20 states visited, inc 2 trips to WDW and 2 trips to DL Jun 01 - WDW Grosvenor DTD 2wks + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk Jun 02 - WDW WL 2wks Feb 03 - New York 4nts Jun 03 - West Coast 3wks SF to LA & DL for 3 days Oct 04 - WDW AKL 10nts + RPR 2nts Jun 05 - WDW YC 10nts + HRH 4nts + TIG St Pete Beach 1wk! Jun 06 - SF to LV inc Lake Tahoe, Yosemite + the Grand Canyon 3wks Dec 06 - NYE at WDW POFQ 11nts inc RPR 1nt Oct 07 - WDW SSR 2wks inc PBH 1nt May 08 - WDW AKV 15nts inc PBH 1nt + VB 4nts Feb 09 - WDW SSR 1wk + BWI 1wk Jun 09 - Washington DC for 1wk Dec 09 - New York for 6nts Oct 10 - Miami 3nts & WDW AKV KV 13nts inc HRH 1nt Jun 11 - LA to Seattle for 3wks inc 3 days at DLC Oct 12 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt Oct 14 - WDW AKV KV 2wks inc PBH 1nt
Claire L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Your plans sound fab Claire I look forward to hearing more about them Good luck with your diet, that's a lovely dress

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:22 AM   #8
cannp123165
Very Quizzical

Love the name! Sounds like a great trip, and definitely something I would love to do!
DLR: 2009
DCL: August 2011 (Med)
cannp123165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:22 AM   #9
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire L View Post
Oh sounds like a great holiday, you will love Seattle

I so want to go to Alaska and San Diego so will be good to hear your thoughts once you have been.
I liked reading about Seattle in your TR gave me some ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymouse View Post
Your plans sound fab Claire I look forward to hearing more about them Good luck with your diet, that's a lovely dress
Diet is so far going terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannp123165 View Post
Love the name! Sounds like a great trip, and definitely something I would love to do!
I can't wait.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #10
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

The cruise

I am so excited for the cruise for various reasons. Number 1, it will be a nice reminder of the honeymoon, number 2, the food esp Palo, number 3 it'll be fairly relaxing with lots of down time, and number 4, i'm very excited to go to Alaska. This is the itinerary, I like that we board in one port but return to a different one:

7-Night Alaskan Cruise on Disney Wonder - Itinerary C
May 21 to May 28

1 Vancouver, Canada onboard 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea
3 Tracy Arm, Alaska Cruising Day
4 Skagway, Alaska docks 7:15 a.m. onboard 7:30 p.m.
5 Juneau, Alaska docks 7:45 a.m. onboard 5:30 p.m.
6 Ketchikan, Alaska docks 11:15 a.m. onboard 4:30 p.m.
7 At Sea
8 Seattle, Washington 9:00 a.m. end of cruise

None of the ports are very big so we will probably book excursions in each one, as we need to save money we'll be looking to not book these through Disney so this weekend will probably be spent doing some tour guide research.

We've opted for an inside cabin to save money and have cabin 7619 which is right by our honeymoon cabin so happy with that. We're by the secret deck so that might be a good spot for the Tracey Arm day if the main decks are busy and i've heard that other than that day the decks remain pretty empty because of the cold.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

Sounds amazing
Old 01-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #12
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Wow this sounds like a fantastic trip

I'd love to do an Alaskan Cruise and can't wait to hear more about your plans

Last edited by Linda67; 01-29-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #13
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Sounds like it's going to be one heck of a trip!

Can't wait to hear more x
Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #14
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Just hopping' on board....looking forward to the Alaska report
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #15
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Hotels & Other Bits

I logged on to the BA website to pick our seats but when I saw you had to pay I deicded against it, I'll just have to hope when I do online check in the day before I can get some ok seats. We won't be staying at the airport the night before and i'll leave booking our transport to the airport till nearer the time just in case we've moved so that's way down on the to do list, we'll be hiring a car in San Diego so that's still to sort but this weekend we did book our 3 hotels so that is a big thing off the list.

In Vancouver we've opted for Blue Horizen for 2 reasons, 1 its location and 2 it's supposed to have good views.

For Seattle again location was key as we aren't there for long so we've picked the Monaco after a Disser suggested it, we had been going to pick the Westin after another Disser suggested it but decided to go for a smaller hotel with hopefully nicer rooms.

In San Diego I of course wanted to stay here...

but that was way out of the budget so we're staying nearby at another Disser suggested hotel the Glorietta Bay Inn.

Next on the to do list is picking our cruise tours.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: