Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #91
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
I drank coffee too late so now I am wide awake, but my 2 yo keeps waking up when I move so I see a good solid chunk of disney dreamin' time I have been looking at cute dresses on etsy for the little girls to wear. Thinking of making my, then 14 year old wear, a birthday shirt, but not sure she'd ever wear it again...

I DVRd Robin Hood the other day so that may be our first countdown night movie. Maybe tomorrow? I'll have to go find the movie theme night thread for some ideas
Etsy, evil, evil, evil, LOL I got DD the cutest minnie dress for her Minnie bday last year, then I shrunk it lol.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #92
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'm so glad I don't have girls b/c I would be broke. Not in buying stuff on Etsy, but buying the material so my mom can make stuff. I know that on Etsy I have seen birthday shirts with Mickey heads. What if you get her one of those and that she's turning 14. Then after your trip, you can turn it into a pillow for her bed.
Oh that is a good idea!! I was trying to justify spending $20 on a shirt she would realistically wear once, maybe twice and a pillow is a great souvenir. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
Etsy, evil, evil, evil, LOL I got DD the cutest minnie dress for her Minnie bday last year, then I shrunk it lol.
Boo

I ordered some supplies yesterday to try and make my own autograph books. Now I am going to anxiously await my amazon boxes
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #93
ImaDVCwannabe
Mouseketeer

Undercovermama, I am making autograph books (and journals) for my girls too. Once done you should share your pictures and ill share mine.

Disney World Honeymoon Pop Jan 2008
ImaDVCwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #94
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Oh that is a good idea!! I was trying to justify spending $20 on a shirt she would realistically wear once, maybe twice and a pillow is a great souvenir. Thanks!
NP, I get that from my mom. If you have enough t-shirts from past trips, you could make a blanket/ quilt.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #95
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Joining the group :)

Well we've been home a total of 2 days and we're already looking forward to our next trip! It was a wonderful trip too! One of our best, with a ton of great memories!

But for 2013 we'll be headed down exactly one year from today, January 19th 2013. Probably staying until the 25th.

Where we're staying is up in the air right now. We're DVC members so we will book our home resort (OKW) in a little under a month. Then at 7 months out we'll book where we really are going to stay.

We're also thinking about a split stay, with the second half being a surprised to the kids. We usually go every other year, and our last trip had been in 2011, so the kids weren't expecting to go in 2012 so we surprised them at Christmas with the trip. They already know that we're going next year, but we thought it might be fun to pretend like we're headed home, and when they say, can't we stay just one more day? We all say okay and we head over to the next hotel.

But we've got plenty of time to figure it out!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #96
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
Well we've been home a total of 2 days and we're already looking forward to our next trip! It was a wonderful trip too! One of our best, with a ton of great memories!

But for 2013 we'll be headed down exactly one year from today, January 19th 2013. Probably staying until the 25th.

Where we're staying is up in the air right now. We're DVC members so we will book our home resort (OKW) in a little under a month. Then at 7 months out we'll book where we really are going to stay.

We're also thinking about a split stay, with the second half being a surprised to the kids. We usually go every other year, and our last trip had been in 2011, so the kids weren't expecting to go in 2012 so we surprised them at Christmas with the trip. They already know that we're going next year, but we thought it might be fun to pretend like we're headed home, and when they say, can't we stay just one more day? We all say okay and we head over to the next hotel.

But we've got plenty of time to figure it out!
& added. Just let me know when your dates, and resort are set and I will update you. The surprises sounds great!! I can't wait to surprise our DSs wil our trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-21-2012, 08:27 AM   #97
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaDVCwannabe View Post
Undercovermama, I am making autograph books (and journals) for my girls too. Once done you should share your pictures and ill share mine.
I think I'd like to do this for the 3 grandchildren I'll be taking on our 2013 trip, but I'm not sure where to start. Can you suggest some sites?

(I'm just hanging out on this thread, waiting for someone to start a February 2013 thread.)

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #98
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Since there wasn't one started already, I thought I would start one for those of us going in January 2013. Our dates aren't set in stone but will either be 1/5-10 or the 1/6-11.

SandiKB 18-23 Pop
[/COLOR]

OK, here I go, changing to 1/29-2/3 AOA
Old 01-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #99
letthewookiewin

Quote:
OK, here I go, changing to 1/29-2/3 AOA
Dates and resort finally changed.

So, I was wondering if I'm the only nut out there that does this. I have been going over menus and planning what I am planning what I am actually going to order.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #100
ImaDVCwannabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mouse View Post
I think I'd like to do this for the 3 grandchildren I'll be taking on our 2013 trip, but I'm not sure where to start. Can you suggest some sites?

(I'm just hanging out on this thread, waiting for someone to start a February 2013 thread.)
You can find some really great examples on the Creative Community section of the boards or www.twopeasinabucket.com is a great site. Look in the gallary under Disney

Once I have some of my pages done I will post them so you can see if you like?

Disney World Honeymoon Pop Jan 2008
ImaDVCwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #101
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So, I was wondering if I'm the only nut out there that does this. I have been going over menus and planning what I am planning what I am actually going to order.
I do that too LOL then I google images of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaDVCwannabe View Post
I am not very crafty so I don't expect much, but neither do the kids
Old 01-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #102
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Dates and resort finally changed.

Umm..nope,I am constantly looking at menus and deciding what to get, lol
Old 01-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #103
letthewookiewin

Quote:
I do that too LOL then I google images of it.

I am not very crafty so I don't expect much, but neither do the kids
I didn't think of Googling. I usually just go to the food threads here and look at pics.

Quote:
Umm..nope,I am constantly looking at menus and deciding what to get, lol
Thanks for making me feel less crazy. My DH thinks I should be committed.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #104
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Nope this is a past time of mine... dreaming of the food at Disney! The closer I get to a trip the more I do it!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #105
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
Nope this is a past time of mine... dreaming of the food at Disney! The closer I get to a trip the more I do it!
Me too!! I can't wait for all the new places we are going to try.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: