Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #976
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

That meet is going to be so awesome! I wish that I were going to be there!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 01-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #977
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Who says we have to be in WDW to have a Dis-meet....being close to home and having one is just as good! Looks like a great time was had by all!

Love the Disney touches in your office....I have pictures on the wall in our hallway that greet me every morning before I leave for work...and they remind me why I do what I do...to get to my happy place as often as possible!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #978
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

You all are going to have a grand time and I know that your meet(s) will be sooo much fun!

I bit the bullet and booked our Oct. trip this evening and we went with the last weekend. With conferences I had no choice and then the comp day after gives one more day to enjoy the parks!
I hate it that we will miss all the happenings but so glad that we will get to finally meet you this summer!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #979
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hi There!

Your office looks FAB! Awesome!!

And put me down for the meet. I'm 99% sure my dates are the 17-21, so I'd love to see everyone!!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #980
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
As of right now, we're at Jambo too!!! No club for us, but that's okay.
Nice! I really do want to try Jambo since I've already stayed Kidani. I just love it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Only doing club for 4 nights for Hubby's bday. Girls and I arrive 4 nights earlier and are doing a savanna view. Never have stayed at Jambo before only kidani. Hubby is not really interested in trying anywhere else
Only 4 nights. You are so deprived. I can understand your husband's desire to stay only there. It really is a wonderful resort. One of my absolute favs. Even when I stayed in a standard 2BR villa I was blown out of the water by the rooms and this great resort. I really enjoyed those general viewing areas and all the big windows along the halls allowing 24/7 access to animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
So Cool. Jillyb here works close to where I work so we meet for lunch often, just not often enough it seems.

It was such a fun meet and I'm glad you also found a DISer who lives close to you. The internet has really helped with the saying, "It's a small world after all".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Me thinks I need to start a 2012 binder too. I am up for this.! Now to include this detail somewhere.
I love my binder. It's not all tricked out with computer graphics, but something about cutting and pasting Disney pictures gives me the warm fuzzies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Woohoo on having a DIS meet on your own doorstep!! That is great! It looks like you had fun!

We had a great time. I really enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I love all the Disney touches to your office - it must make going into work more fun!
It really is fun seeing my plushes and my post cards every day. I had them in a room at home where I didn't pay much attention to them. This si so much better. They seriously cheer me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I figured it was like that. UGH
Yeah - its like a sicko migraine headache. Definitely not worth getting!

Quote:
Hmmn, maybe we need to start figuring out our ADR's as that might help tip the scales one way or another. I wouldn't mind Jambo for sure but...the running thing kind of bites and I know how much you love it. I'm honestly pretty flexible.
We probably should start thinking about ADRs. I would love to put Sanaa on our list. I think you've eaten there, but I'm not sure. I'll tell ya - the one thing I love about AKL are the pools. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but I could chill by those pools for many hours. I also love the music there. It just takes me to another place.

I really don't like the music at WL, but I do love the scenery and those pools are pretty nice as well. So I'm totally good with either of those places, but I still think we should try for BWV.

I don't really have any strong preferences as far as dining is concerned. The only thing I don't want to do is have as many sit down lunches. I guess what I mean is - on several of the days I would prefer either a sit down lunch or a sit down dinner, but not both. I just feel like two sit downs a day is a lot when you do it every day. Not just food wise, but time wise.

I would mind eating at the GF for something different.

Quote:
YAY Mary and DH and the girls! How fun. And very very cool on club level, I would love that someday.
How great would that be? I guess if we switched there we could always book standard and wait list for club level for a night or two. I wonder how that would work out pointwise. Hmmmmmm? And do they still have that sunrise or sunset safari just for club level. You know I would love to try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Hey...the office looks great. I've always loved the print of Mickey saluting the fireman.

I love that print too. One of my favs. that's actually the post card version. I brought some more Disney stuff in today, but I left it out in my car and I'm too lazy to get it.

Quote:
And I truly cannot believe how many of us are going to be converging on the world on October 18th. Very exciting. My mom is going to think I'm capital C crazy.
Isn't it great? And how can your mother think you are crazy. She's your mom -right? She will love you no matter what!

Quote:
And you got to have a local Dismeet, too. That's fantastic.
It was pretty great!!!!!

Quote:
Hope the soccer banquet is fun.
It was very nice. It was a beautiful hall that we got for free and one of the dads did all the catering at cost The food was amazing - quality and selection. I ate enough for a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
What a fun DisMeet! Your meet in October sounds awesome too!
It was a fun meet with Mark and family. I am very much looking forward to our October meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your Disney touches in your office look great! I have a few pictures of the Boardwalk and the Epcot ball up around my desk, and of course I bring my refillable mug every day!
I love being able to put the Disney touches in this work space. It really brightens everything up. Nothing like a refillable mug to really add to overall feel. You can always tell a true affecianado by the mug.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #981
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What great touches to your office!!! I love having a bit Disney with me at work!!!

Isn't it fantastic to meet with other DISers who live close to you!! Thanks to the DIS I have met some fantastic people!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 01-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #982
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
That meet is going to be so awesome! I wish that I were going to be there!
It should be a lot of fun. Are you going this year? September again? You should consider F&W. just sayin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Who says we have to be in WDW to have a Dis-meet....being close to home and having one is just as good! Looks like a great time was had by all!

It's always great to meet a DISer in person and I really enjoyed Mark's TR so it was a pleasure to meet him and his family. He actually just finished writing about a non-DIS trip that they took over the summer and you know I eat that stuff up. Now they have a beach/WDW planned for this summer. But, shhhhh - the kids don't know about the WDW part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Love the Disney touches in your office....I have pictures on the wall in our hallway that greet me every morning before I leave for work...and they remind me why I do what I do...to get to my happy place as often as possible!
Isn't that the truth? Well said. I just remembered that I have this awesome Disney print in Brian's room that I'm sure he never looks at. I am thinking of bringing it in to put on one of my bare walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
You all are going to have a grand time and I know that your meet(s) will be sooo much fun!
It is going to be a lot of fun. I can't wait and I can't wait for a big DIS meet. Never been to one of those before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I bit the bullet and booked our Oct. trip this evening and we went with the last weekend. With conferences I had no choice and then the comp day after gives one more day to enjoy the parks!
I hate it that we will miss all the happenings but so glad that we will get to finally meet you this summer!
What can you do? You have to work, so you have to work around the work schedule. I am grateful that my job is pretty flexible as far as taking time off from work. There aren't a lot of times when I MUST work.

I am looking forward to meeting you too this summer. It's going to be a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hi There!

Your office looks FAB! Awesome!!
Thanks! there are more Disney decorating ideas in store!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
And put me down for the meet. I'm 99% sure my dates are the 17-21, so I'd love to see everyone!!
that's great news! You are officially added to the October 18th DIS meet list. It's going to be so fun!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #983
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What great touches to your office!!! I love having a bit Disney with me at work!!!

This office move was originally such a negative experience because they kicked me out of an office with great proximity to where I spend most of my time. But even though the new work space is farther away and up a floor, it was like moving in to a new house. I have cart blanche on the decorating and I am finding more and more fun things to bring in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Isn't it fantastic to meet with other DISers who live close to you!! Thanks to the DIS I have met some fantastic people!
I was shocked when I found out how close I lived to someone whose TR I had been reading since the end of summer. Very cool indeed!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #984
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Last week I had an awesome local DIS meet. I actually found a DISer who not only lives in my state, but lives pretty darn close to my house.

My DIS meet was last Saturday night with no other than...................

Quote:

Captain Oblivious (Mark), his lovely wife Mrs. Knowitall (Julie), and their super cool kids - David, Sarah, and Scotty! Mark and Julie were kind enough to treat me to dinner at one of my favorite places - Friendly's. Thanks guys! I had a great time!!!!!! I mean - come on - who doesn't like Friendly's? And who doesn't like a DIS meet, especially when it's in your own backyard. It was so fun!

Julie took this picture and Mark let me borrow it! Thanks again guys!

I think it's ironic that I would never have met Mark, Julie, and the kids if it wasn't for the DIS boards. I hope I get to see them again in the near future!
Darn. I was hoping it would be somebody exciting. Oh well.

It is pretty funny that we wouldn't have met without the DISBoards. Although you probably met us a couple of years ago. Remember the couple with the whining, screaming kids who tried to take 25 items through the Express lane at the grocery store while you just wanted to buy a gallon of milk?

Let's do it again! When is your Woodstock performance?
Old 01-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #985
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Yay for a dis meet! How neat and at Friendlys on top of that! My DH was just mentioning that place the other day and how he wishes we had one close by!

Hope your soccer banuqet went well!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #986
KatMark
DIS Veteran

MaryEllen, I love your office decor...perfect.

And as I mentioned on Captain_Oblivious' thread, I am SO jealous that he got to meet you. One of these days we will be in the World at the same time.

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Julie and Sarah, but the guys were the best!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #987
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
And as I mentioned on Captain_Oblivious' thread, I am SO jealous that he got to meet you. One of these days we will be in the World at the same time.

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Julie and Sarah, but the guys were the best!
Thanks Kathy! Your check is in the mail.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #988
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Your Disney office looks so cute! I have random Disney stuff at work too!

I'm so mad I'm going to miss this epic Dis meet in October, by like 3 weeks. I'll probably be going the last week of September.

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-23-2012, 06:46 PM   #989
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Nice! I really do want to try Jambo since I've already stayed Kidani. I just love it there.

We probably should start thinking about ADRs. I would love to put Sanaa on our list. I think you've eaten there, but I'm not sure. I'll tell ya - the one thing I love about AKL are the pools. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing, but I could chill by those pools for many hours. I also love the music there. It just takes me to another place.
I Sanaa. There is a chance I'll be there in August but I'd do it twice in a heartbeat. Kind of pathetic but I'm trying to force a general time decision on a larger group trip, if there is one for the next couple of years so I can decide what we are doing this summer. I think loving the pools is VERY important...lets you practice noodling. I can't say I've ever noticed the music at any of the pools, how wierd is that? Granted, I'm usually trying to find Eric but was there music at the BCV villa pool? I totally don't remember!

Quote:
I really don't like the music at WL, but I do love the scenery and those pools are pretty nice as well. So I'm totally good with either of those places, but I still think we should try for BWV.
I've only been to the main pool and...well you have my lame comment on music above. Which is pretty funny when you think about the fact that I had the ipod on while we were in the room or on the balcony at all times

I love the idea of BWV for proximity to Food and Wine

Quote:
I don't really have any strong preferences as far as dining is concerned. The only thing I don't want to do is have as many sit down lunches. I guess what I mean is - on several of the days I would prefer either a sit down lunch or a sit down dinner, but not both. I just feel like two sit downs a day is a lot when you do it every day. Not just food wise, but time wise.
yeah, one or the other but not both. I loved the lunches but the days we had both was OOOF! Both in time and gut bombness.

Quote:
I would mind eating at the GF for something different.
I've only been to 1900 PF for dinner, nothing else yet.

Quote:
How great would that be? I guess if we switched there we could always book standard and wait list for club level for a night or two. I wonder how that would work out pointwise. Hmmmmmm? And do they still have that sunrise or sunset safari just for club level. You know I would love to try that.
good question and no clue! I can see where owning at AKL would have it's advantages for those club level studios. Not sure about the safari but for some reason I think so.

Quote:
You can always tell a true aficionado by the mug.
So true. I didn't get one on the cruise (got a refillable but not a ceramic) and I'm jonesing for a new one big time, it's scary!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #990
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

MEK, we don't have anything defineate for WDW this Sept. I have decided if FD come again, to book a trip. I'm looking at OKW or maybe AKL, I figure that I can afford either of those since I paid for the last trip & that was two rooms at CBR.

I would have to look at the cost of going during F&W a compared to early Sept. I do like the low crowd levels then.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: