Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #736
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Isn't that the truth? He was dancing like that the other day and it just makes me grin. I really like the pirate pic. It's funny, dressed up pics like that with borders are not things I usually buy, more or less frame and have out but it is a fun picture and makes me smile when I see it.

Do I see you are going to Hawaii????? How did I miss that?

Hawaii was kind of a maybe for awhile. Jim is being sent there for work, so I'm joining him for a week! A few other wives are coming too, so when the guys are working, the girls can do spa and shopping!!!

The funny thing is this was all me, no one would have noticed if I didn't do the laundry, I don't know what I was thinking! I say next time let Jim do the laundry.

Good Plan! Maybe instead of feeling like I should stay there and help, I should just leave him to it!

I'm in the office today, I needed to ship and fax things so really had to come in anyway at least for a little bit. Plus there is so much wet icy snow that power is out in a lot of places (not us thankfully) and our internet went out. I may work from home tomorrow though. Poor Jeff is at a coffee shop! They keeps saying it's going to warm up but we've had light snow the entire day. I am spoiled though, I work 5 minutes from home so even going the long long way around to avoid hills..it's not bad.

AZ here you come!
Nice to live so close to work! Jeff is working at a coffee shop? That's gotta stink.

It poured rain here for about 24 hours and melted most of it and now it's blowing snow again. Good day to stay in!

I'm ready for the sun!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #737
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Nice to live so close to work! Jeff is working at a coffee shop? That's gotta stink.

It poured rain here for about 24 hours and melted most of it and now it's blowing snow again. Good day to stay in!

I'm ready for the sun!
LOL! He was working from home all week but with the internet down, he couldn't so had to go somewhere that did have it. This was on Thursday which was probably the worst road day and his car just isn't equipped for it so I dropped him off at a cool location that is a bookstore/food court/coffee shop as it gave him more options than being stuck at Starbucks all day. If he doesn't go in early to the office, he has to park a bazillion miles away so it can be far more efficient for him to telecommute.

Jeff actually working AT a coffee shop? I would pity anyone trying to get a coffee. He would never have the patience for it. He was there for a good 7 hours though, bleh. Thankfully when we got home it was back on and we never lost power.

It rained a lot here and has melted most of it but there is a fiar amount of standing water. On Friday I swear there was 3 inches int he parking lot at work, ick. Raining now.

I'm ready for the sun too....though I don't see any in my near future.

YAY for Hawaii! Poor Jim, having to work though

Last edited by eandesmom; 01-22-2012 at 03:28 PM.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #738
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

We booked our Alaska cruise today!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #740
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

A setting sun...

My work complete, or as complete as it was going to get, I went to look for my family on deck. It was pretty empty up there although the family hot tub had some traffic!

The E’s were, of course, in the pool. Funnel vision and pool…what more could any kid want? Especially with unlimited fries nearby.

It looked worse out than it was, but it was a bit breezy.

No one was at the bar, that was for sure!

I finally found Jeff

And checked out the scenery

We hung for almost 2 hours, just reading and enjoying the sun and…a rum and coke which I’d been kind enough to bring with me once I made it out of the stateroom. We took pity on the poor Signals bartender and got a refill direct and were quite rewarded with a very strong drink. Which in the world of rum and coke is easy enough to add more mixer to! We had a decision to make though. If we wanted to hit Disney Dreams, the last show, we needed to get moving soon and shower and such. We were torn, the hot tub was clearing out and calling our name. We really wanted to see the show. We really really wanted to have one last hot tub. I walked over and checked in with the E’s. They really wanted to go to the show. They didn’t need us to go to the show. And so…they did. Go to the show without us that is. And we hit the hot tub!

In another small world moment, we soon found our tub filled with folks from the Northwest, including a gentleman who knew some people I knew and had some business connections that crossed over. He lived, literally, 1.5 miles from our house. We had a bit of a chat about business type things, more than Jeff would have liked but they left to hit the show and we had the tub…and a refill from our new favorite bartender, to ourselves. At about 6:30 we drug ourselves out and headed back to our room. One of my errands, while checking on our bill, had been to pick up the boys pillowcases. They didn’t know about these. Since they were at the show, it worked out perfectly for me to set them up on their beds.

We found ourselves a little hungry! I’m not sure if we skipped lunch or what happened but we decided to get a little room service.

And open our last bottle of wine

And then, enjoy our last sunset on our verandah!

He looks miserable huh

I may have gotten carried away with sunset photos…

Continued in next post
Old 01-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #741
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

As I snapped away, the boys came in from the show. They had LOVED loved loved it. I was sad that we’d missed it but wouldn’t trade the show we did have, for anything. It was a lovely lovely last sunset, last glass of wine, lovely moment of couple time on our verandah. All those things vacation is all about. Relaxing. Magical. Romantic. Restorative. Sigh.
With their arrival though…it was time to start getting ready ourselves!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #742
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous sunset pictures. Jeff definitely looks nice and relaxed in those pictures; a sure sign of a great vacation.

How did you get the pillowcases? They are so cool.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #743
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Gorgeous sunset pictures. Jeff definitely looks nice and relaxed in those pictures; a sure sign of a great vacation.

How did you get the pillowcases? They are so cool.
The same crafter that made our FE did the pillowcases. You could get one for the parks and carry it around to have signed, instead of a book. It's pretty cool, you drop them off on the first day, with sharpies and your cabin and fill out a little form as to who you want to sign. I skipped the princesses although I might have them sign Evan's on the next cruise, it would be a riot!

I am planning on getting them for the next cruise, both boys have theirs on their beds right now! I just have to figure out what characters and what to put on them. Right now I'm leaning towards the pirate version of Goofy and Pluto for the boys and then Marie for Kendall if she can do it on a pink pillowcase. If there was a pirate version of Tink I'd do that but K really likes Marie and it'd be a fun, but silly, little souvie for her and something for her room.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #744
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
The same crafter that made our FE did the pillowcases. You could get one for the parks and carry it around to have signed, instead of a book. It's pretty cool, you drop them off on the first day, with sharpies and your cabin and fill out a little form as to who you want to sign. I skipped the princesses although I might have them sign Evan's on the next cruise, it would be a riot!

I am planning on getting them for the next cruise, both boys have theirs on their beds right now! I just have to figure out what characters and what to put on them. Right now I'm leaning towards the pirate version of Goofy and Pluto for the boys and then Marie for Kendall if she can do it on a pink pillowcase. If there was a pirate version of Tink I'd do that but K really likes Marie and it'd be a fun, but silly, little souvie for her and something for her room.
That sounds so cool! But I have to say two things, somewhat unrelated to your cruise:

1. Sorry about your weather out there. I'm glad to hear its getting better, but we've had our own run of bizarre weather out here over the last year and the amount of disruption can be really hard. Did the boys miss a lot of school? I heard that schools out there were closed for a week! And so happy for you that you didn't lose power. Both of my aunts lost power during the freak October snowstorm we had and they lost it for over a week. Not fun.

2. I am SO excited that I'm going to get to meet you in October! Its going to be such a fun, albeit really short, trip!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #745
MEK
DIS Veteran

What a perfect last day and an even more perfect sunset. The colors are gorgeous and the reflection in the ripples of the water are perfect. so glad the boys enjoyed the show. Oh well - just another reason to take another cruise, right?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #746
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
That sounds so cool! But I have to say two things, somewhat unrelated to your cruise:

1. Sorry about your weather out there. I'm glad to hear its getting better, but we've had our own run of bizarre weather out here over the last year and the amount of disruption can be really hard. Did the boys miss a lot of school? I heard that schools out there were closed for a week! And so happy for you that you didn't lose power. Both of my aunts lost power during the freak October snowstorm we had and they lost it for over a week. Not fun.
We had zero issues with power but I know a ton of people that lost it, some that got it back today and some are still out. The ice on Thursday really did a lot of folks in. I did telecommute about half of the week. The kids all had monday off anyway for MLK day. On Tuesday they called a 2 hour delay and then literally at the time they should be getting on the bus, cancelled school. It was really annoying, they should have called it at least an hour earlier than they did. They did miss the entire week. Luckily for us they only end up with one extra day at the end of the year so as long as there are no more snow days it isn't a huge impact.

Quote:
2. I am SO excited that I'm going to get to meet you in October! Its going to be such a fun, albeit really short, trip!
me too! This is shaping up to be an Epic meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
What a perfect last day and an even more perfect sunset. The colors are gorgeous and the reflection in the ripples of the water are perfect. so glad the boys enjoyed the show. Oh well - just another reason to take another cruise, right?
There really is nothing better than sunset on the verandah. Anywhere! I'm sure if I was better with my camera, the pictures would be a ton better, guess I need more verandah's and sunsets huh!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #747
KatMark
DIS Veteran

So glad you got some "alone" time in the hot tub and some "good" drinks to enjoy while doing so.

I love the boys pillowcases...those are great.

Glad the boys enjoyed the show.

And the sunset pictures...and the alone time...are perfect.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #749
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Both of you eveing plans sound great !! The Hot Tub sounds devine !!! Great last day so far!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #750
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

THANKS for the great TR!
I've been following along, well, more like lurking along!
Sort of sad to see it end, but what a romantic ending
I love that you found ways to have grown-up time, in addition to all the quality family time! We are doing NY-Canada this June and I just hope to have as great a time!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: