Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #121
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
If I wasn't going to be in Hawaii I would definitely choose Tokelau because of it's close proximity to the GCH and both pools.

I did follow up and I'm just waiting to hear back. I'm hoping for some pixie dust!
That is what I was thinking! I may call and request it. I prefer to be in Hawaii but we are only there 5 nights and saving up for my 3 Disney Cruises coming up! We have Deluxe dining so we will have mugs and lots of food so CL isn't really necessary for us. Neither one of us are drinkers. The only thing I will miss is the lounge and the view. But I can go to the beach!

And I am sure some pixie dust will come your way! Let me know when it does!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #122
cricketgirl
I've waited my whole life for this!

Only 7 more sleeps. Did I mention in the middle of all this we decided to buy a house. I swear my stress level is off the charts. Pressure from my nephew.
"to make this a once in a lifetime experience" Oh and the contract on the house says I must have any inspections done within 10 days of a signed contract which should happen today, but that 10 days falls into my Disney days. But being a prepared person, I had inspectors lined up to go out Tuesday already. So by the time I leave on Friday, Feb 27, 2012 at 6:40 pm everything should be finished and I hope to get to rest and relax and give my niece and nephew "a once in a lifetime experience" Gotta love the kid, he knows what he wants.

Did I mention I'm to excited to sleep!!!!

Lori
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #123
cricketgirl

Forgot to ask. Sorry, is the slide really being renovated at the end of this month?

Lori
Old 01-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #124
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
That is what I was thinking! I may call and request it. I prefer to be in Hawaii but we are only there 5 nights and saving up for my 3 Disney Cruises coming up! We have Deluxe dining so we will have mugs and lots of food so CL isn't really necessary for us. Neither one of us are drinkers. The only thing I will miss is the lounge and the view. But I can go to the beach!

And I am sure some pixie dust will come your way! Let me know when it does!
I posted this last night but it somehow posted on a different page.

I've been thinking of doing a Disney cruise in the Fall. You must be so excited to have 3 coming up! CL would definitely be overkill with DxDDP. We did it once. Now I prefer TIW over any dining plan. It gives us more flexibility which works with the ages of my children (7 years and 10 months).

Thanks for the PD! I will definitely let you know if I hear back.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:41 AM   #125
jocelyn6
Earning My Ears

Time keeps on ticking....

I am so excited about our first stay at the Poly....but time seems to be going by so slowly!! I don't know if I can stand it!!!! Any more info about the pool slide closure? We are travelling with our DS 7 and our friends DS 10 and 6....and the slide would be a definite plus for their vacation experience!

1st visit - Off Property 1999, 2006 - Off Property, 2007 - CBR, 2008 and 2009 - Off Property, 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village, 2011 - CSR
March 2012 - POLYNESIAN RESORT -

Old 01-20-2012, 05:59 AM   #126
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Good morning y'all!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #127
Eliserose
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the coffee info, Tinkerbellie!!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #128
Childs1stTime2Disney
Mouseketeer

Joining the thread. Going to be staying there for the first time in April. So excited!!!! This thread definitely will help until our trip comes.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #129
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Carlnix30 - I'm loving your pics from the Poly. Thanks and keep 'em coming! Please!

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(8) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 01-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #130
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb187143 View Post
First time posting in this thread, but I'm super excited, because i FINALLY convinced DF to make our honeymoon in November an AKL/POLY split stay. We love AKL, but I really really wanted to do both. I'm so excited!! I think its still 300 ish days away, but I can't wait
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage, and honeymoon in WDW!! My family did a Poly/AKL split in the summer of 2010 and it was FABULOUS!!! They are wonderful, complementary resorts, and it was perfect to be able to spend time at each. We did Poly first and then AKL, but we wished we had done it the other way around. Just a thought for you. Let me know if you want more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriatricNurse View Post
DW & I have never stayed at PR! Does anyone have an experience(s) with having stayed at Rarotonga Longhouse? We would be interested in booking a (north) facing (balcony) room at this Longhouse, if it has three floors! Also, do the Longhouses have elevators?
We stayed in Rarotonga in 2008. The location was perfect!!! The building is so centrally located, directly between the GCH, bus stop, and both pools. It's also very close to the main parking lot, if you have a car and that matters to you. It does indeed have 3 floors. In fact, the only buildings with 2 floors at the Poly are the TINY Niue and (I think) Tonga, which only houses club level suites. The first floor has patios and the third floor has balconies. The second floor does NOT have balconies, so if a balcony is important to you, you should request 3rd floor. The north side of Rarotonga faces the lovely courtyard where the East Pool (Quiet Pool) is located. I have heard that from the 3rd floor you can catch a glimpse of the high fireworks from MK, but you will not be able to see the castle or watch the whole Wishes display as you would be able to from the beaches (or from LV or MKV rooms). And yes, all buildings except Niue have elevators. If you're on the 2nd floor of Niue, you can use the elevator in Rarotonga and use the stairway platform on the west end to enter Niue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliserose View Post
Just booked our first stay at the Poly. I've heard the coffee at Kona Cafe is great. Can you get it 'to go'? Any other suggestions/must-do for a first timer?
Our must-do's:
Torch-lighting ceremony
Dinner at 'Ohana
Some meal at Kona (it's open B, L, & D)
Hammocks
Tropical drink from Tambu lounge (and enjoy the live music)
Volcano pool slide
EWP/Wishes from the beach
Water Mice from marina
walk around the whole resort and take pictures of the tikis

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
Where would you pick for a GV room and why? LOL... I sound like an interviewer!

Speaking of... did you follow up on that thing I told you about?
We stayed in Samoa last trip and have requested it again. Here's why:

Heavenly!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 01-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #131
TaraZ
Mouseketeer

WOOHOO! Less than 48 hours until we return to the Poly! CAN. NOT. WAIT.
3rd Trip 1/11 Poly again by choice of our princess!
4th Trip 1/12 Poly Part 4!!!
5th Trip 1/13 Back to the Poly
6th Trip 1/14 Poly here we come!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #132
cricketgirl

I hate to beat a dead horse but any info on the Slide being closed the end of this month? Either no one knows or our post just keep getting burried but there seem to be a couple people asking about this. If you could direct us where to go that might help.
Thanks,
Lori
Old 01-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #133
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketgirl View Post
I hate to beat a dead horse but any info on the Slide being closed the end of this month? Either no one knows or our post just keep getting burried but there seem to be a couple people asking about this. If you could direct us where to go that might help.
Thanks,
Lori
I second this also.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #134
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketgirl View Post
Thanks,
Lori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I second this also.
The last update was posted on tiki site was closing on the 15 or 17th with no access to the slide without a definite date of completion.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #135
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Updated info from someone else - ignore post!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: