Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #781
fitmom0f2
Mouseketeer

Wow! I actually read the whoooooole thread... addictive stuff. Thanks to all for sharing.

Our Dis-tory:
2005 off property
2012 ASMu/Dream/POPc
2013 Coronado Springs Princess half wknd
2014 Wonder from Miami to Bahamas
2015 Fantasy to W.Caribbean and first Home resort stay at SSR
fitmom0f2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #782
isitnaptime
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazaman View Post
For medical reasons, I can't have coke, pepsi or dr. pepper. I generally have root beer. If it's not available, what other choices will I have?
If you are really craving root beer, you can order one in the restaurants/lounges. They come in a can and cost $2.
isitnaptime is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #783
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

As DCL uses Coke products, be aware the Barqs has added caffeine.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #784
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazaman View Post
For medical reasons, I can't have coke, pepsi or dr. pepper. I generally have root beer. If it's not available, what other choices will I have?
HI-C pink lemonade or fruit punch
Sprite
Sprite Zero
can't remember the others

You could bring on your own rootbeer. I have done that for my youngest who loves rootbeer.

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #785
disfunfor3
Earning My Ears

drink mixes

You could possibly try the single serve drink mixes...you could mix them up for one drink at a time or bring a container to mix up a couple quarts at a time.
I really enjoy the raspberry green tea and the peach mango green tea by Crystal Light. I'm planning to bring several single-serving flavors to have lots of options.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #786
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetrip View Post
Japanese shopping malls? Is this a place you go to online to buy FE gifts? I'm new to this, info please!!

No, I meant shopping malls in Japan. I'm there quite often and discovered that you can get much more Disney stuff there than, for example, in Vienna, where I'm from.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #787
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

I am a Dt. Dew drinker and since that is a Pepsi product would it be possible for me to have a case sent with our luggage to our stateroom?

And for those of you that like the little packets to flavor your water bottles you might want to check out the Mio flavor things. We've tried the Fruit Punch (this one works really good to kill the theme park water flavor in the fountains), Peach Mango (my favorite) and the Sweet Tea (doesn't really taste like hurt your teeth sweet southern tea so it is pretty good).
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #788
mickeyfan1
Come and let me show you my tatoo
Let me drive you crazy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGMom View Post
I am a Dt. Dew drinker and since that is a Pepsi product would it be possible for me to have a case sent with our luggage to our stateroom?

And for those of you that like the little packets to flavor your water bottles you might want to check out the Mio flavor things. We've tried the Fruit Punch (this one works really good to kill the theme park water flavor in the fountains), Peach Mango (my favorite) and the Sweet Tea (doesn't really taste like hurt your teeth sweet southern tea so it is pretty good).
If you wish to bring your own sodas on board, you must carry them on with you. They can not be in your checked luggage. This is DCLs rule, and although there are people here who say they give cases of water to the porters or put stuff in their checked bags for the porters, how would you feel if one of your cans exploded in your suitcase, ruining clothing, and perhaps ruining someone elses, if the stuff leaked out? Not you personally, but in general. So if DCL has no issues with you bringing it on, as long as you bring it, you will be fine.
mickeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #789
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGMom View Post

You can bring just about anything you want on board. We brought wine boxes, wine bottles, cans of soda and a case of water. I don't care for their coffee, and choice of creamers, too much, so I brought a bag of single serve flavored coffee creamers with me. I took some to every meal.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #790
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan1 View Post
If you wish to bring your own sodas on board, you must carry them on with you. They can not be in your checked luggage. This is DCLs rule, and although there are people here who say they give cases of water to the porters or put stuff in their checked bags for the porters, how would you feel if one of your cans exploded in your suitcase, ruining clothing, and perhaps ruining someone elses, if the stuff leaked out? Not you personally, but in general. So if DCL has no issues with you bringing it on, as long as you bring it, you will be fine.
Good to know. We've never cruised before so this is all new to me and I hadn't even thought about an exploding soda in luggage. I have no problem walking around with my case of Dew and everyone will be safer from my non-Dew mood swings if I have it with me on the cruise.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #791
ldymcbth
Mom of 2

Is there ginger ale available on board? We are sailing concierge - if I contact shoreside will they be able to arrange ginger ale in our cabin?
*WDW (AoA) - late Aug 2014
*DLR - fall 2014
ldymcbth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #792
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
what a great thread, i didn't get anything done around the house today. I read this thread all day

Wondering if Girl Scout cookies would be appreciated for CM gifts.
I think the CMs would LOVE Girl scout cookies. Great idea.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #793
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

what a great thread, i didn't get anything done around the house today. I read this thread all day

Wondering if Girl Scout cookies would be appreciated for CM gifts.
Disney Cruise 2012 (Wonder, Fantasy), 2013 (Wonder)
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #794
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldymcbth View Post
Is there ginger ale available on board? We are sailing concierge - if I contact shoreside will they be able to arrange ginger ale in our cabin?
There is ginger ale available in cans at the bar and probably though room service so you should have no problem.
NAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #795
joannalh
Mouseketeer

Great thread! Subscribing!
joannalh is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: