Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

"Good Morning! No Sleeping!"- A Mother/Daughter January Getaway *Update 5/13*

"GOOD MORNING! NO SLEEPING!"

Hello Everyone and Welcome to The Show!

My name is Jenny and I will be your Skipper, Tour Guide, Alligator Wrestler, and Swimming Instructor on this TR!

I am 20 years old and am a HUGE fan of all things Disney! I was raised in a very Disney filled household and have been to Disney at least once a year (sometimes twice a year) every year since I was born!

I know the theme parks like the back of my hands and have loved every Disney movie that I have seen. I have a ton of Disney music on my iPod and even have a full playlist devoted to Disney! I love the Disney documentaries and LOVE planning Disney vacations!

In addition to all things Disney I am also a HUGE fan of Harry Potter!

I have seen each movie and read each book multiple times, I went to all but the first three midnight movie releases, went to the last three midnight book releases and have taken two treks to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (one of which can be read about in this TR

Here are some of my Disney Favorites!

Favorite Theme Park: Magic Kingdom (EPCOT is a very close second!)
Favorite Table Service: Ohana and Le Cellier
Favorite Counter Service: Casey’s Corner and Pizza Planet
Favorite Snack: Earl of Sandwich Brownie Crème
Dream Resort: Yacht/Beach Club
Favorite Disney Princess: Ariel/Belle
Favorite Nighttime Firework Show: Illuminations

And now for my Mom (A.K.A My Disney Buddy)

Coming with me on this Journey to the Happiest place on earth is my Mom. We happen to be super close and she happens to love Disney as much as I do!

She also is big on the Disney music, movies, planning and the parks! She is the main reason why I think that I love Disney as much as I do! My mom has raised my brothers and I with tons of Disney stuff!

She has taken my brothers and I on numerous Disney trips growing up so all of those combined with a couple of trips with just her and my dad would bring her trip total to at least thirty times!

She also loves Harry Potter but nowhere near as much as I do (I am a boarderline super fan here).

Here are some of her Disney Fun Facts
Favorite Theme Park: EPCOT (Magic Kingdom is a very close second!)
Favorite Table Service: Le Cellier/Ohana
Favorite Counter Service: Casey’s Corner and Pizza Planet
Favorite Snack: Earl of Sandwich Brownie Crème
Dream Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Favorite Disney Princess: Belle
Favorite Fireworks Show: Illuminations

Now for some Trip Facts

Trip Length?: 11 Days/10 Nights
Staying at?: POP Century
DDP?: Yes
Trip Title?: We find the good morning wakeup call featuring Stitch hillarious and frequently quoted it on our trip

Now that we have taken care of business, let’s get started!

Are you ready? Well I hope so because it’s “Off to Neverland!”
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Last edited by Jazzabelle508; 05-13-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Jazzabelle508

Table of Contents

Real Life Updates

Link to my Food Review

Social Networking and Life Stuff

Life Update #3

DAY 1- JANUARY 8th, 2012

WERE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

A Stroll Down Memory Lane

The Most Magical Resort In The Wilderness

A Crazy Dining Experience

Best Surprise of the Night

First Night In Disney

I'm Walking Right Down The Middle Of Main Street USA

Day 1 Top Ten List

Day 2- JANUARY 9TH, 2012

A Star Studded Morning ... Continued

"I Can't Find my Mom"- Dining in the 50's

Playing With Some Toys and Some More Afternoon Exploring

Enchanted Objects, Finales and Extra Magic Hours, OH MY!!

Day 3- January 10th, 2012

"Your A Wizard Harry! I'm A What?"

Hogwarts, Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes, OH MY!!!

A Goblet Of Fire Fest

"Something Wicked This Way Comes"

Return To Disney And The Dinner I Have Been Looking Forward To For A Year!!!

"This Lady Is Using Me As A Tripod"

Last edited by Jazzabelle508; 05-13-2012 at 09:46 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

I'm here! So excited for this!

Edit: and I'm first!!!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 01-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Subbing!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
Kelliroo3
A Disney World fan

Sounds fun! I'm in.
First trip to Disneyland: July 2010
First December trip: December 2011
Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #6
Jazzabelle508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
I'm here! So excited for this!

Edit: and I'm first!!!
and Yay Hope I live up 2 expectations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Subbing!
yay and . Hope you enjoy it! P.S: I noticed you are from Chicago in your location section on the left side of your post, I'm also from the chicago area in the northwest suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliroo3 View Post
Sounds fun! I'm in.
yay and It was alot of fun! i have a lot of fun stories to share with everyone

Last edited by Jazzabelle508; 01-20-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
wakica
DIS Veteran

Hahahaha, I LOOOVE your title It really caught my attention b/c that's our motto too on Disney holidays - NO SLEEPING! Well at least no sleeping in anyway

Looking forward to seeing more!

Me dh dd(16)
Old 01-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
Jazzabelle508

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
Hahahaha, I LOOOVE your title It really caught my attention b/c that's our motto too on Disney holidays - NO SLEEPING! Well at least no sleeping in anyway

Looking forward to seeing more!
Glad my title is so enjoyable!

Old 01-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I had to join in as soon as I saw your title... Mickey and Stitch calling in the morning is seriously one of my FAVORITE things in the world... my mom and I actually quote the phone call to each other almost daily. LOL!
Old 01-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #10
Mrs. Sojourner
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Have Stayed at: AS Sport, ASM, CSR, POR & PBH (USF)
Check out my PTR! From West Africa to WDW; talk about some culture shock!

My Blog: Mrs. Sojourner's Monologues
Old 01-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
Jazzabelle508

WERE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!

January 7th 2012

The day before we left for Disney was kind of hectic. We spent the whole day packing and getting everything ready to go for the next day.

The night before we went to a local tanning salon and got pre-disney spray tans because we didn't want 2 be in disney looking completely pale.

After getting those done we did some last minute shopping and went 2 Corner Bakery. It was good but not anywhere near the level of food that Disney provides.

Once we got back home we finished packing. As we were finishing packing our cat decided to go and sit on one of our suitcases. He does this on every trip anyone in our family goes on. It usually is a sign that he senses we are about 2 go on a trip and then pretty much goes everything he can to get some last minute attention before people leave him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 8th, 2012

The next day I set my alarm for 6 am but didn't end up getting up untill 6:15 am.

I took a shower, dryed and straightened my hair, finished packing and dropped something off at my friend's house.

Once I was done with all that I still had a hour to go before my brother was coming to drive us 2 the airport.

During that time my mom and I began to talk about our trip plans as she finished her packing.

We realized after looking at the weather for the trip that the one day that it was suppose to rain and thundershower significantly happened to be our Harry Potter Day.

We made a last minute decision to move up our harry potter day to the day before and turned our original harry potter day into a shopping day.

We also decided to make a last minute switch on our coral reef reservations from Lunch to Dinner.

After we made those changes we only had 2 wait a few more minutes untill my brother came.

Once my brother came we loaded up his car and were on the road by 8:30. We made great time getting 2 the airport and were waiting for the skycap by 8:45.

Unfortunately we seemed to have picked the wrong side of the line and were waiting for 20 minutes before the skycap got 2 us.

We were behind this family that was moving to the dominican republic so they had A TON of luggage!

Pretty much everyone before us also had gone over there weight limit for there check in luggage and had 2 move things around so we were pretty nervous we were going 2 be over the weight limit.

Luckily by the time we FINALLY got our luggage checked in things went super quick and we were inside waiting 2 go through security in no time.

Once we were inside the airport everything went a lot quicker. We got through the security station quickly and without issue which is ALWAYS a good thing!

After we got through security we had a little bit more than an hour until our flight was scheduled 2 board so we decided 2 get some breakfast.

The american terminal at our airport has a whole food court right past security which makes waiting for a flight after security a little bit better.

We decided after exploring our options that we wanted to get McDonald's. My mom got a egg mcmuffin and I got a cinnamon melt and a hash brown.

I do really love the cinnamon melt at mcdonalds, however i didn't take a picture of our food because it really wasn't anything 2 out of the ordinary and I needed to save room on my camera for all of the exciting Disney food that was 2 come!

After we finished eating we sat in the food court area for a while because we didn't feel like just sitting at our gate when we were perfectly comfortable here. I worked on my trip journal while my mom took this picture and was figuring out whether or not the mc donald's in our airport actually had free wifi (It did not). We also played disney trivia and looked at disney food menus and different news articles about disney stuff.

After a while we decided we really should try and find our gate. We found it quickly and easily which was great because we only had 10 minutes until our flight boarded.

When we got 2 the gate there weren't any seats available so I just stood next 2 the window and watched them prepare the plane 4 our flight and took this picture.

After a couple of minutes a seat opened up so I snatched it up despite the fact we were going to board our plane soon.

Here was the screen that showed the flight details.

In no time we were boarding the plane. We were in one of the earlier boarding groups which was nice because we didn't have 2 scramble for a spot to put our luggage.

I had a window seat and my mom had the aisle seat (It was a two person row). This was my view of the airport from the plane.

Here we are about 2 take off!

The flight went very smoothly and went by super quickly. During the flight I wrote in my trip journal, listen 2 music, watched some pre downloaded videos, and colored. I also took a pic of my view mid flight.

In no time at all it was time to land in Orlando! Here is a picture of my view right after we landed.

After we got off the plane we entered this mini terminal lobby area where they had a "life is good" store which happened to have what I refer to as "the disney shrine".

After visiting that shop we went right 2 the airport shuttle (which at this point in the trip I refer to as our "first ride").

Once we got off the airport shuttle we went right 2 baggage claim. Our luggage came out pretty much as soon as we got 2 baggage claim which made me really happy!

Once we got our luggage we went right 2 the budget care rental area and filled out the paperwork for our car rental.

We ended up with a ford focus which initially we were excited about but throughout the trip we realized how much we didn't like that car. My mom had so many problems with turning the car into many different parking spots.

After we loaded up our car we were on our way

Continued In The Next Post

Last edited by Jazzabelle508; 01-31-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

For some odd and unforeseen reason I'm having trouble seeing your photos today. But, I'll comment on the text!

Since you live in the Chicagoland area, I'm going to assume that you flew out of O'Hare. Where free wifi would be awesome, but so un-Chicagolike. I just never understand why places insist on charging for it, but who am I, right?

You guys arrived in Disney the day after we got home from Disney! I hope you had good weather for the week. We had good weather except for two days.

Can't wait to hear more.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Also joining in.

Yay for visiting WWOHP! I want to go back there so bad.

I love your little Polynesian pin and also your mom's castle t-shirt.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 01-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
wakica
DIS Veteran

My dd(13) saw that you coloured on the plane and now we are adding that idea to our travel stash!! What a GREAT idea It'll be so fun to colour some disney pics with my daughter on our way to Disney. Thanks for the great idea - See??? It's amazing how you can pick up on the little things by reading others trip reports to enhance your own vacation

Me dh dd(16)
Old 01-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
Jazzabelle508

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I had to join in as soon as I saw your title... Mickey and Stitch calling in the morning is seriously one of my FAVORITE things in the world... my mom and I actually quote the phone call to each other almost daily. LOL!
Yay and isn't it awesome! My mom and i LOVE that wake up call! It is so much fun to hear it every morning! and my mom and I quote that call 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sojourner View Post
Can't wait to hear all about it!
And I can't wait 2 share it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Also joining in.

Yay for visiting WWOHP! I want to go back there so bad.

I love your little Polynesian pin and also your mom's castle t-shirt.
Yay and I absolutely LOVE the WWOHP! I am so excited to talk about that day! We actually went right after they made the announcement about the WWOHP expansion so it was interesting to visit with that in mind.

Thanks My mom gave me that pin for that day since we were at the poly for that night and i also am a fan of my mom's castle shirt! it was very fitting for disney. I use to have a shirt like that with the grand floridian on it but I outgrew it since I got it in junior high!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
For some odd and unforeseen reason I'm having trouble seeing your photos today. But, I'll comment on the text!

Since you live in the Chicagoland area, I'm going to assume that you flew out of O'Hare. Where free wifi would be awesome, but so un-Chicagolike. I just never understand why places insist on charging for it, but who am I, right?

You guys arrived in Disney the day after we got home from Disney! I hope you had good weather for the week. We had good weather except for two days.

Can't wait to hear more.
yeah, I was having several issues with the photos today. I just fixed them though so hopefully everyone can see them now. I just had some issues with imageshack that needed to be worked out.

You would be correct in assuming I flew out of O'Hare. That airport happens to be right by where I live so it is wonderfully easy to get 2 from our house.
IKR? It is pretty much unheard of to have free wifi anywhere in Chicago! I really don't get why places charge for wifi either.

We had amazing weather for the most part. The first four days of our trip were AMAZING weather! In fact when it was snowing like crazy in Chicago the first time it was almost 80 degrees in Orlando. in fact it was in the high 70's and low 80's for a high for every day except for three days.

Stay Tuned

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: