Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #721
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Well sure we are friends. I went on the facebook page and sent a friend request to you. You will be my first friend...................well...................no not really.................but my first on facebook!!!
I checked it out and you have it set so private that until I get approval for the TA group I can't even make the friend request, lol.
Sent one to Holly too as I recognized her pic.

Skye
Old 01-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #722
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Welcome to Facebook David and Skye!

Wow, I am actually someone's first FB friend...

Skye - just got your request and confirmed you.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #723
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
I think all the cruise lines will lie low for a while out of respect and figuring that some people may be gun-shy about booking a cruise right now. Prayers to all those families who lost a loved one on the Concordia. I can't believe those pictures and the stories coming out about the captain's horrid behavior...
I heard on NPR tonight that they think this will put new cruisers ("cruise virgins," they called them) off of trying a cruise, and may result in the cruise lines having to drop fares to attract business.

I was shocked to hear that they didn't do a safety drill on the Concordia. That is just pure negligence. I have to admit, every time we've cruised I've sat in Animator's during the safety drill (we've always had the same stateroom) and wondered how calm and collected all those passengers would be in a real emergency. I think the Disney crew would be much more professional, especially the captain, in a similar situation.

Actually, I don't think that would ever happen on a Disney ship. The captain was taking a stupid risk with what he did. No way the captain of a Disney ship would ever do such a thing.

PFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #724
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
I checked it out and you have it set so private that until I get approval for the TA group I can't even make the friend request, lol.
Sent one to Holly too as I recognized her pic.

Skye

Sounds like I done good - huh??? I did put some mighty BIG locks on it. I did send you a friend request or accepted your friend request...........not sure.................it's sooooooooooooo confusing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Welcome to Facebook David and Skye!

Wow, I am actually someone's first FB friend...

Skye - just got your request and confirmed you.
Thanks Holly. Someone has to be the first............glad it was you!

My computer at home was acting funny so I ran a system check on it. I found out I have to have my hard drive replaced. Talked to customer service @ Dell an they are sending someone out to do that for me. Thank goodness it is still under warranty. So I am limited to using the computer here at work. I only work 3 days a week - 7 hours a day, so until my computer at home is fixed, I won't be posting too often. I'll try to keep up as best as I can. Be easy on me guys............after all I am old you know!!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #725
fly4free2
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
[COLOR="Blue"]

My computer at home was acting funny so I ran a system check on it. I found out I have to have my hard drive replaced. Talked to customer service @ Dell an they are sending someone out to do that for me. Thank goodness it is still under warranty. So I am limited to using the computer here at work. I only work 3 days a week - 7 hours a day, so until my computer at home is fixed, I won't be posting too often. I'll try to keep up as best as I can. Be easy on me guys............after all I am old you know!!!!
David, you are not the only one who is OLD , but you just have to jump in with both feet. Best of luck with your computer, we don't know how much we use them until we are without

11/28/14 Fantasy
, 6/1/2014 Disney Dream, New Transformed Disney Magic Nov. 1/2013, 2011 WBTA Disney Magic Disney Magic Nov 2011,Western Caribbean 7 nt. Holland American Panama Canal Nov. 2011 10 other crusies--WDW/ 140 times . AKV Jambo House Savannah View// 24 hours with Mickey Leap Day 2/29/12 Contemporary Resort Castle View / Beach Club Resort// AKV Kidani Village Savannah View /Grand Floridian /Wilderness Lodge Villa's /Pop Century

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance In The Rain"
fly4free2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #726
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4free2 View Post
David, you are not the only one who is OLD , but you just have to jump in with both feet. Best of luck with your computer, we don't know how much we use them until we are without
lol how old is old, should I be hiding now.... or shouldn't I ask that question.Anything to do with a computer is an enigma to me, and as for phones they are for having a conversation and maybe the occasional text.... if I really have too. My mobile phone is just wasted on me. But yes have to just jump in although sometimes I would rather not !!

margaret
Old 01-18-2012, 04:02 PM   #727
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
lol how old is old, should I be hiding now.... or shouldn't I ask that question.Anything to do with a computer is an enigma to me, and as for phones they are for having a conversation and maybe the occasional text.... if I really have too. My mobile phone is just wasted on me. But yes have to just jump in although sometimes I would rather not !!

margaret
Old is 20 years older than I am, which give you a lot of climbing room.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #728
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
lol Linda not so sure about that !!!!

margaret
Old 01-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #729
fly4free2
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Old is 20 years older than me and that gives BOTH of you a lot of time.

11/28/14 Fantasy
, 6/1/2014 Disney Dream, New Transformed Disney Magic Nov. 1/2013, 2011 WBTA Disney Magic Disney Magic Nov 2011,Western Caribbean 7 nt. Holland American Panama Canal Nov. 2011 10 other crusies--WDW/ 140 times . AKV Jambo House Savannah View// 24 hours with Mickey Leap Day 2/29/12 Contemporary Resort Castle View / Beach Club Resort// AKV Kidani Village Savannah View /Grand Floridian /Wilderness Lodge Villa's /Pop Century

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance In The Rain"
Old 01-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #730
fly4free2
Dis Veteran

Feb. 29th

Are any of you planning to go to the 24 hours of Disney for Leap Year. I am planning to be there and meet with some DISers at rope drop which is 6:00 AM at MK.
YIKES, hope I can keep up,

11/28/14 Fantasy

Old 01-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #731
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Oh great....watch all of you turn out to be 20 years younger than me!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #732
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Oh, c'mon - i have you all out-aged!!!Honey, both of my feet have been in the water soooo long, they're all wrinkled!!!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #733
fly4free2
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Oh great....watch all of you turn out to be 20 years younger than me!
I DON'T THINK SO

11/28/14 Fantasy

Old 01-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #734
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Thank goodness - I was worried

Until David chimed in, it was 14 hours since the last post.

On a meet thread that STILL doesn't have an itinerary!

Boy, this is gonna be a fun 21 months!

and IF the October 2013 WBTA DOESN'T materialize, we should just keep the thread going anyway
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
disdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #735
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Evelyn your a young whipper snapper

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: