Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #46
Carrie772
Resolve to Recycle!

Finally made it to the party! Hubs has been working from home so he's been hogging the computer. Thanks GuitarRob for creating the new thread!
'76 CR; '83 offsite; '94 CBR; '02 Residence Inn; '04 CSR; '05 Poly; '05 ASSp/WL; '06 Poly; '07 POR; '07 WL; '08 CSR; '09 Poly; '10 WL; '11 Poly; '11 POR/Poly; '12 CR/Poly; '13 Poly; '14 Quickie at BC;
Old 01-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #47
pas130
DIS Veteran

Yay a new thread!!! Great job, as always! Thank you!!!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #48
cricketgirl
I've waited my whole life for this!

Only 9 more sleeps and I will be at the Poly for the first time. Meeting with my niece and nephew tonight to get any last minute imput for rides, shows etc.. They keep telling me I'm the expert, but I have only been 3 times prior and only with hubby. I imagine it is a "Whole New World" with kids. (sorry, I'm in the Disney state of mind) Just found out Sunday my niece has never been on a ride that goes in circle. I asked her why and she said "because there were rollercoasters" She siad he's like to try one. I am so looking forward to some good bonding time with my niece and nephew. We don't see them nearly enough and they are growing up so quick. Anyway, back to subject. Only 9 more sleeps till Disney World and our first Poly stay.

Lori
Old 01-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #49
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketgirl View Post
Only 9 more sleeps and I will be at the Poly for the first time. Meeting with my niece and nephew tonight to get any last minute imput for rides, shows etc.. They keep telling me I'm the expert, but I have only been 3 times prior and only with hubby. I imagine it is a "Whole New World" with kids. (sorry, I'm in the Disney state of mind) Just found out Sunday my niece has never been on a ride that goes in circle. I asked her why and she said "because there were rollercoasters" She siad he's like to try one. I am so looking forward to some good bonding time with my niece and nephew. We don't see them nearly enough and they are growing up so quick. Anyway, back to subject. Only 9 more sleeps till Disney World and our first Poly stay.

Lori
Oh you lucky, lucky girl! Wish I was going in 9 sleeps!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 01-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #50
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Carl that's why being a single mom rocks. I get to kiss the characters and eat the bacon.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #51
cecilia
Mouseketeer

how deep are the pools ? i can not swim and i am only 5 feet tall
Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #52
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Love the new thread! The Polynesian is my "home" resort at heart. DD9 and I stayed for one night on New Year's Day before our Marathon trip a few weeks ago and I really miss it! It was short but sweet.

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #53
brea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketgirl View Post

Lori
9 sleeps for me too!

Just completed online checkin today and put in our longhouse request. We're hoping for an upgrade but don't expect anything. We're perfectly fine with getting exactly what we purchased as it will be fun no matter where we're at in the resort.

DW seems to be getting excited as well.

If you see us Lori I'll be the one with the 16mo old and the pregnant wife that's praying no one throws glitter on us!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #54
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
Carl that's why being a single mom rocks. I get to kiss the characters and eat the bacon.
That is soo true!! And the dining plan is cheaper!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilia View Post

The pool is a very safe 4ft gradual decline in depth.. With lifeguards everywhere! Go down the slide and enjoy!!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #55
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
That is soo true!! And the dining plan is cheaper!

The pool is a very safe 4ft gradual decline in depth.. With lifeguards everywhere! Go down the slide and enjoy!!
I just order 2 meals to make up for the missing person.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #56
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
I just order 2 meals to make up for the missing person.
Nice very funny.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #57
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Hi, everyone! I'm here, too!

Yesterday we hit the 199 day mark on the count-down (under 200, YAY!!!)!

So excited to make our ADRs in 18 days, now!!! 1st time on DxDP, and I have never made this many ADRs at 1 time before. And since we have the credits, we figure we should enjoy our first breakfast at 'Ohana and repeat breakfast and lunch at Kona for the first time in many, many years. WE CANNOT WAIT!! Now, I need to make myself focus on all the wonderful things going on in our REAL lives for the next 6.5 months!

Safe travels and wonderful trips to everyone leaving soon! Great choice, Gina! Lori, the Poly is the absolute greatest resort for teens. Mine absolutely adore it! If you can find time, rent some water mice at the marina. They are both at least 13, right? If yes, they can each drive their own. They are such a blast!

Rob, thanks for the thread!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Old 01-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #58
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveeeyore View Post
Hi, everyone! I'm here, too!

Yesterday we hit the 199 day mark on the count-down (under 200, YAY!!!)!

So excited to make our ADRs in 18 days, now!!! 1st time on DxDP, and I have never made this many ADRs at 1 time before. And since we have the credits, we figure we should enjoy our first breakfast at 'Ohana and repeat breakfast and lunch at Kona for the first time in many, many years. WE CANNOT WAIT!! Now, I need to make myself focus on all the wonderful things going on in our REAL lives for the next 6.5 months!

Safe travels and wonderful trips to everyone leaving soon! Great choice, Gina! Lori, the Poly is the absolute greatest resort for teens. Mine absolutely adore it! If you can find time, rent some water mice at the marina. They are both at least 13, right? If yes, they can each drive their own. They are such a blast!

Rob, thanks for the thread!
I just realized we'll be there at the same time. Drinks in the Tambu lounge? First round is on me.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #59
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Guitarob - THANK YOU for another fabulous thread!!!

Carl - no way am I showing my braces. It's like when I was pregnant - why on earth would I want to remember looking like that??? But less than 2 weeks and NO more braces Take me to the caramel shop in Germany - I was in tears last year at that place because I couldn't eat a lot of it!

Venomhatch - I have never had any issues with our luggage being broken into or rifled through at any Disney resort although I've never had them delivered upon check in (only sent them on to the airport by themselves at check out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
I need your honest thoughts! Ok... so I am a Poly girl but WL is my second choice. My mother and I are actually staying at the WL in 18 days and I am trying to decide one of two options. I have stayed at the Poly in CL but no where else. So...

Do I upgrade my WL room to CL? We will be having a relaxed trip.

OR... do I change to the Poly in a GV room?

They are about the same price and as much as I want to spend at this point. Your thoughts are appreciated!

We are staying 5 nights and will do the parks but not from open to close. We are passholders so spending all day in the parks won't happen for us. We want this to be a relaxed Disney trip, if thats possible. LOL. TIA!
I see you've decided to switch to the Poly - good choice I had been wanting to stay at WL and finally did last May in a villa. We loved having all the room at the villa and enjoyed the hot tub but those were the only things 'better' than the Poly. We definitely missed the Poly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilia View Post
They recently took the 'deep' end out of the east pool as well (so it's now about 4 and 3/4 feet) but there are no lifeguards on duty there so I would recommend staying in the shallow end there to be safe. Or just use the main pool during regular hours when the lifeguards are there. If you are uncomfortable in any part of the pool, just stay away (like under the waterfalls - it's fun, but it is deeper at that spot and the waterfall makes it hard to see). You can always tell the lifeguard too if you are concerned at all that you are not a swimmer. The lifeguards are great at the Poly!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #60
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just realized we'll be there at the same time. Drinks in the Tambu lounge? First round is on me.
Done deal, Dani! DH and I are originally from Staten Island! We arrive in WDW on 8/3 for one night at ASMu. Then we move over to Poly for our package on 8/4 through 8/11. When do you arrive?

Oh, and of course, second round is on us!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: