Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #16
guitarob
Polynesian Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDeVil View Post
I need suggestions for a longhouse request. We are staying in lagoon view from March 4-10. We are a family of 5- me, DH, DD-5, DD-3, and DS-1. I'd like to be close to the ceremonial house on one hand and close to the beach on the other. I'm wondering if Tokelau is the one for us or if we'd be better off somewhere else. Anyone have a suggestion? I'll probably request 1st floor b/c I'd hate for anyone to be beneath us if the kids get rowdy.
Tokelau only has a couple of sideways facing lagoon view rooms (Looking toward, but not at, the marina area). I believe there is one room on the second floor and one room on the third floor that are listed as lagoon view.

Tuvalu has a smaller less hectic beach next to it and one side of the building includes lagoon view rooms that face out across Seven Seas Lagoon and toward the Magic Kingdom.

Tahiti has a side that faces straight across the lagoon toward the Magic Kingdom and sits right on a beach (again, not the main beach), but is furthest away from the GCH.

Aotearoa has a few lagoon view rooms that look out across a lawn and then the lagoon more toward the Grand Floridian.

If you look at the maps in the first and third posts of the thread you'll get a good idea of where the rooms are in relation to the beaches and GCH and which direction they would face. Rooms are all located along the "long" sides of the longhouses.

I hope that helps some!!

When we get to heaven, We'll hear "ALOHA!" 2010 Trip Report

1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1990 & 1993: Family trips to the Polynesian,
2001 - All Star Music, 2006 - Polynesian, 2008 - Honeymoon at the Polynesian, 2009 - Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2010 - Another Anniversary at the Polynesian, 2012 - Yet ANOTHER Anniversary at the Polynesian and a Christmas trip to the Polynesian!! 2014 - Christmas at the Polynesian!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Thanks Rob! Our new home looks great.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #18
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

I need your honest thoughts! Ok... so I am a Poly girl but WL is my second choice. My mother and I are actually staying at the WL in 18 days and I am trying to decide one of two options. I have stayed at the Poly in CL but no where else. So...

Do I upgrade my WL room to CL? We will be having a relaxed trip.

OR... do I change to the Poly in a GV room?

They are about the same price and as much as I want to spend at this point. Your thoughts are appreciated!

We are staying 5 nights and will do the parks but not from open to close. We are passholders so spending all day in the parks won't happen for us. We want this to be a relaxed Disney trip, if thats possible. LOL. TIA!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #19
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
I agree !

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
I agree!

Thought maybe he was housecleaning the old one out.

I guess not.

Didja spit your soda on the screen Dani?

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 01-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #21
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

I am hoping we can stay at the Poly again this September!!!!! We didn't want to spend as much on vacation this year so I was actually contemplating a split stay at POFQ for 4 days and then Poly for 4 days. We will see, 8 days at the Poly would be better!
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Sheila nice to see you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I agree!

Thought maybe he was housecleaning the old one out.

I guess not.

Didja spit your soda on the screen Dani?
Nope...it was beer!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #23
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 View Post
I am hoping we can stay at the Poly again this September!!!!! We didn't want to spend as much on vacation this year so I was actually contemplating a split stay at POFQ for 4 days and then Poly for 4 days. We will see, 8 days at the Poly would be better!
We started out trying to save money on our WDW vacation this year too, and got an amazing deal for POR, but it just didn't feel right to us. After a little discussion and pleading on my part (not too much pleading though, more like just planting a seed) DH and I switched back to the Poly.
Now all is right with the world
Old 01-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #24
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princssdisnygina View Post
I need your honest thoughts! Ok... so I am a Poly girl but WL is my second choice. My mother and I are actually staying at the WL in 18 days and I am trying to decide one of two options. I have stayed at the Poly in CL but no where else. So...

Do I upgrade my WL room to CL? We will be having a relaxed trip.

OR... do I change to the Poly in a GV room?

They are about the same price and as much as I want to spend at this point. Your thoughts are appreciated!

We are staying 5 nights and will do the parks but not from open to close. We are passholders so spending all day in the parks won't happen for us. We want this to be a relaxed Disney trip, if thats possible. LOL. TIA!
Well you certainly have a dilemma! We have stayed at both and I can give you some things to think about.

The WL is a relaxed laid back atmosphere with rocking chairs rustic decor with
beautiful flora but whispering canyon gets really loud In The lobby. It is possible to get glimpses of wishes in certain areas. Artist pointe is a signature restaurant with some really awesome mussels. The buses make it difficult to just jaunt back to the resort for a nap or a swim.

The poly is über relaxing laid back atmosphere.. Rooms are extra large, the pool is absolutely gorgeous! You can be back at the resort from MK or Epcot in about 20 minutes there or back. Sitting by the pool sipping a Lapu Lapu as the sun sets is something that is heavenly! Waking up early nursing a fresh cup of coffee from the 24 hr captain cooks while walking along the totally vacant beach as the sun rises! Hearing the faint sounds of the cast members at MK getting fired up for the day.. Priceless! Sitting on the beach watching the castle change colors.. Fabulous! Did I mention WISHES from the beach? It's a head on view. The reflections on bay lake as the fireworks dance in the night sky cannot be discounted! The smell as you walk leisurely walk through the tropical rainforest lobby.

Not being biased or anything..

Fuzzy photo from the poly beach

Good morning poly!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV

Last edited by carlnix30; 01-17-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
Well you certainly have a dilemma! We have stayed at both and I can give you some things to think about.

beautiful flora but whispering canyon gets really loud In The lobby. It is possible to get glimpses of wishes in certain areas. Artist pointe is a signature restaurant with some really awesome mussels. The buses make it difficult to just jaunt back to the resort for a nap or a swim.

The poly is über relaxing laid back atmosphere.. Rooms are extra large, the pool is absolutely gorgeous! You can be back at the resort from MK or Epcot in about 20 minutes there or back. Sitting by the pool sipping a Lapu Lapu as the sun sets is something that is heavenly! Waking up early nursing a fresh cup of coffee from the 24 hr captain cooks while walking along the totally vacant beach as the sun rises! Hearing the faint sounds of the cast members at MK getting fired up for the day.. Priceless! Sitting on the beach watching the castle change colors.. Fabulous! Did I mention WISHES from the beach? It's a head on view. The reflections on bay lake as the fireworks dance in the night sky cannot be discounted! The smell as you walk leisurely walk through the tropical rainforest lobby.

Good morning poly!

ALL this
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #26
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post

Good morning poly!

Good points... I think I have been swayed! We will see!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #27
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Good morning poly!! Awe everyone's asleep!! Good!!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 01-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #28
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Carl you're making me homesick! Only 202 more sleeps until I get to hear "aloha!"
Old 01-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #29
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Subscribing to the new thread.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Carl you're making me homesick! Only 202 more sleeps until I get to hear "aloha!"

Sorry I just have the fever! Each day is one day closer.

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14

Last edited by carlnix30; 01-18-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: