Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #1546
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
I have stayed at BC twice so I am familar with the resort. We are currently booked in a GV CL room at YC

1. I requested a room close to lobby. Is this possible? How far is CL lounge from lobby?

2. Where is the laundry room and is it convenient to the pool? I know this is a strange question, but I do laundry on vacation?

3. Can you get a beer anytime of day? This is actually my dh's question, and was the first thing out of his mouth when I told him I upgraded.:rolleyes

4. If being next to the lobby is not possible. What should I request?

Thanks
Sorry, Padawans - I just posted an answer for BC - forgot you're at YC! So I returned to delete/edit my not-so-relevant post. Hopefully someone else can help!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!

Last edited by pixarmom; 01-16-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #1547
Marlton Mom
My favorite ride is the "ladies room"...... it's air conditioned and you get to sit down! *Marlton Mom is Rockin a Nikon D90!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
I so needed to laugh today and you so made me laugh
Thanks so much-I read this board often but dont always post-you really cheered me up
Thank you for your kind words. Obviously you're a woman who suffers from 'cats' as well. The only advice I can give you is to keep lots of that Vodka on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachClubDee View Post
This is Dee (Natebenma)- I created a new screen persona mainly because I am out of PM space I know, probably not the best solution to this problem.

I'll mostly still post as Natebenma, but I may use this when I have to start the new thread in a couple of months.

Dee
So is this new persona a blond? Perhaps a little "cougarish"? I picture her with a cigarette hanging out of the corner of her mouth and a really expensive Harvey's Bristol Cream habit. The kids are grown and after the 3rd husband she gave up on marriage. Her hobbies are bingo, reality TV and 'Happy hour' at the corner bar.

So am I close??

~Marlton Mom
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #1548
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Dee, I think soon you will need a "PM/email delete" intervention!!! LOL

I emailed IPO today about the gift baskets and Omar says that it's all good! I can even ship stuff from wherever direct to IPO. They said to forward the invoices so that they can check and make sure everything arrived, and that they will keep it there for me until they make the baskets. The only thing he wasn't sure about was getting arcade cards. Strange - I thought that would be easy??? Since they can do that, I decided to pick out most stuff on the Disney store website.

And on to the stuff you are all interested in - I also asked about putting a couple of BC t-shirts in the packages, and he said to just give him the sizes we want! So, sounds like they are there or almost there to me.
They shouldn't have any problem getting the arcade cards. I've had them put them in the baskets the last three years!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 01-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #1549
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

What would you do...

Ok I'm waffling... I am booked for 4 nights at AKL Kadani (wait listed CL Jambo). I have never stayed at Kadani this will be the first, I have stayed at Jambo lots of times. This trip is a NO parks trip (except for the day I'll spend at Epcot for the International Flower show for photos). Today I started to think hmmm (yes MM dangerous for me to think too!) about maybe BCV's.. so I called and they have the first 2 nights available...which then led me to think about SSR or OKW. So what would you do would you stick with the 4 nights at AKV or 2 nights BCV's 2 nights at AKV or 4 nights at SSR or OKW??? I'm really torn on what to do so as of now I'm staying where I am!

HELP!!! ADVICE!!!OPINIONS!!! Probably the wrong bunch of people to ask given the name of this thread... but I know several people here have done the split stay.. I actually just did a 3 way split stay so anyway advice please!!

~Nannette

Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #1550
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Ok I'm waffling... I am booked for 4 nights at AKL Kadani (wait listed CL Jambo). I have never stayed at Kadani this will be the first, I have stayed at Jambo lots of times. This trip is a NO parks trip (except for the day I'll spend at Epcot for the International Flower show for photos). Today I started to think hmmm (yes MM dangerous for me to think too!) about maybe BCV's.. so I called and they have the first 2 nights available...which then led me to think about SSR or OKW. So what would you do would you stick with the 4 nights at AKV or 2 nights BCV's 2 nights at AKV or 4 nights at SSR or OKW??? I'm really torn on what to do so as of now I'm staying where I am!

HELP!!! ADVICE!!!OPINIONS!!! Probably the wrong bunch of people to ask given the name of this thread... but I know several people here have done the split stay.. I actually just did a 3 way split stay so anyway advice please!!

~Nannette
Nanette, I think a 2AKV / 2 BCV split is a great idea! The AKL pools are wonderful and you could schedule Jiko and Sanaa ADRs if you like them. Then move over to BCV and have easy access to Epcot and the Epcot resort area (another great pool and more great restaurants!) We've done non-park stays at both AKL and BC and think they're both perfect for that purpose. But I know we would get antsy in one resort during a 4-night non-park stay. If you think you might be the same, I think the 2/2 split is ideal. Good luck with your decision!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

Last edited by pixarmom; 01-16-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #1551
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

So, I've been entering the OMDD contest and while on a phone call today I got a call from a LD area code. I immediatly went to check out the area code since they didn't leave a message and I was paranoid I missed my phone call making my Disney Dreams come true.

Not a Florida number. It's 201. New Jersey.

Marlton Mom are you crank calling me........

Old 01-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #1552
msdroz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberwee View Post
Question- are we allowed to bring our own bucket or do we have to use the ones from HH? I was thinking of making her a "welcome" bucket for SAB with sunscreen, new bathing suit, disney sand toys from the dollar store, water wings, etc. - What do you think?
ie Mouse
Excuse my ignorance but what is a HH bucket?
Also, I love your invitations, such a cute idea I may have to borrow for my 5 year old son
Old 01-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #1553
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdroz View Post
Also, I love your invitations, such a cute idea I may have to borrow for my 5 year old son
Hurricane Hanna's buckets - the ones that come with the kids' meals!

We love them!

Old 01-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #1554
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hurricane Hannah's - one of the quick serve at BC - they serve the kids meals in a bucket.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 01-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #1555
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
So, I've been entering the OMDD contest and while on a phone call today I got a call from a LD area code. I immediatly went to check out the area code since they didn't leave a message and I was paranoid I missed my phone call making my Disney Dreams come true.

\\

APPARENTLY fedex delivers it to your house on FRIDAYS if you are a winner. But maybe if you are a backup winner they call? I don't know but I guess they could calll your cell phone too if you texted your entry..I keep entering too but having won a trip last year to WDW what are the chances of two years in a row??????
DP
Old 01-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #1556
Marlton Mom
My favorite ride is the "ladies room"...... it's air conditioned and you get to sit down! *Marlton Mom is Rockin a Nikon D90!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post

Sorry, I'm *%^ or ^)( area codes. I do love a good prank call how ever and I have been known to buy lottery tickets with yesterdays winning number on them and try to pass them off as winners to my husband. He's totally caught on to me so he no longer makes an entertaining victim....

Quote:
An HH bucket stands for "heavy on the Harveys" which is what Beach Club Dee tells the Bartender when she asks for a refill in her "Hurricane Hannah's Kids meal green plastic beach bucket"

~MM
Old 01-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #1557
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Nanette, I think a 2AKV / 2 BCV split is a great idea! The AKL pools are wonderful and you could schedule Jiko and Sanaa ADRs if you like them. Then move over to BCV and have easy access to Epcot and the Epcot resort area (another great pool and more great restaurants!) We've done non-park stays at both AKL and BC and think they're both perfect for that purpose. But I know we would get antsy in one resort during a 4-night non-park stay. If you think you might be the same, I think the 2/2 split is ideal. Good luck with your decision!
Thanks Pixarmom for your opinion and advice!! I would probably be going to Epcot on Thursday or Friday and I would be alone on those two days until about 8:30 Friday evening when DD's plane lands (if I buy her a ticket ). Saturday me/we would be driving to Tampa for a Yankee Spring Training Game Sunday would be a hang around the pool day until I take DD to the airport for a late flight home to Dallas So I don't know I guess it doesn't really matter because I will have a car the entire trip so getting around becomes easier. Anyway IF I make this move I will call first thing in the morning and make the move for the first 2 days.

Keep the opinions and advice coming!!

~Nannette

Old 01-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #1558
msdroz
Mouseketeer

How cute are those kids meals buckets, and practical too!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #1559
BeachClubDee
Earning My Ears

Location: 10 minutes from the beach, too far away from the Beach Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlton Mom View Post
So is this new persona a blond? Perhaps a little "cougarish"? I picture her with a cigarette hanging out of the corner of her mouth and a really expensive Harvey's Bristol Cream habit. The kids are grown and after the 3rd husband she gave up on marriage. Her hobbies are bingo, reality TV and 'Happy hour' at the corner bar.

So am I close??

~Marlton Mom
Nah! I fancy myself a redhead. Lose the cigarette, gain a motorcycle and lots of leather. Tequila would be the drink of choice. I'm thinking common law significant other who shares my passion for karaoke.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #1560
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post

~Nannette
We would be all over the AKL / BC split. Love them both. I'm thinking Boma and Jiko, then as piaxarmom says, an Epcot/Boardwalk smorgasbord. All this and your Yankee's too. Sounds great to me!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: