Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #691
Happydog
DIS Veteran

What great fun! One of these days I will get my act together enough to have pirate costumes ready for the adults.... I always run out of time!!! This last cruise I went so far as to buy the patterns and fabric, so hopefully I will make it in time for the next one! I have this fab Hook jacket from when we did Peter Pan at the HS it fits my DH, but needs the lace replaced. Anyhow, your pirates look fab, and it is all in the attitude anyhow, right??!! And yep, some rum certainly helps!!! You guys got great pics! Did you scan yours or did you get the cd from shutters?
You know we missed the pirate night buffet on the other cruises, too.... This one was the first one we went to!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #692
manntra
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great time in Ketchikan I think it must really help that you are used to the climate there.....that's all I keep thinking about when I see your pictures or tales of going for a dip when it's 40 degrees out. I am just becoming a wimp in my old age that's all

Cute picture of Evan and of the boys in their pirate gear

Mmmm Dungeness crab...years ago I visited my friend in Seattle...she recently got married and still lives there... and had my first Dungeness crab. Delicious.

The picture of one of the excursions....could you have gone on a crab boat a la Deadliest Catch?

Tracy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #693
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful day in Ketchikan. Love your pictures. I have never been to a salmon run. That would be neat to see!

So glad you found the jacket!

Loved the picture of Donald and his nephews. I had to idea they were on the ship.

The boys looked cute for Pirate Night.

I am really enjoying your report and hate to see that there is only one day left. You have me really wanting to do an Alaskan cruise.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #694
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Love the pirate photos!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #695
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
What great fun! One of these days I will get my act together enough to have pirate costumes ready for the adults.... I always run out of time!!! This last cruise I went so far as to buy the patterns and fabric, so hopefully I will make it in time for the next one! I have this fab Hook jacket from when we did Peter Pan at the HS it fits my DH, but needs the lace replaced. Anyhow, your pirates look fab, and it is all in the attitude anyhow, right??!! And yep, some rum certainly helps!!! You guys got great pics! Did you scan yours or did you get the cd from shutters?
You know we missed the pirate night buffet on the other cruises, too.... This one was the first one we went to!!
I scanned the pics, I did the 20 credit package. I hadn't planned on spending that much but everything came only in the 8x10 so you really don't have a lot of options. I think there were 8 we wanted which was more than I'd expected to want so the package made sense. I got extra 5x7's on two of them. The CD package is way too much for me! A hook jacket would be great!!! It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out on the next one, it's hard to figure out what night to do Palo and that assumes we can even get a ressie! I'm thinking night 2 is probably my goal. I don't know what will happen this year for pirate night, not sure K will want to dress up but I want her to have the option if she does.

I imagine I will end up with the same photo package on the next cruise but we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Looks like a great time in Ketchikan I think it must really help that you are used to the climate there.....that's all I keep thinking about when I see your pictures or tales of going for a dip when it's 40 degrees out. I am just becoming a wimp in my old age that's all
Well you pretty much live in the hot tub and RUN inside after, but it's not any different than apres ski tubbing The boys lived in the pool and hot tub much of the cruise. We do get warm here in the summer, really!

Quote:
Cute picture of Evan and of the boys in their pirate gear
I really like how those turned out, they make me smile when I look at them

Quote:
Mmmm Dungeness crab...years ago I visited my friend in Seattle...she recently got married and still lives there... and had my first Dungeness crab. Delicious.

The picture of one of the excursions....could you have gone on a crab boat a la Deadliest Catch?

Tracy
Yep, you could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
What a wonderful day in Ketchikan. Love your pictures. I have never been to a salmon run. That would be neat to see!
Salmon runs are very neat to see

Quote:
So glad you found the jacket!
Me too!!!
Quote:
Loved the picture of Donald and his nephews. I had to idea they were on the ship.
It's fun to see all the different characters on the different ships.

Quote:
The boys looked cute for Pirate Night.

I am really enjoying your report and hate to see that there is only one day left. You have me really wanting to do an Alaskan cruise.
They had fun dressing up and at dinner, really two days left. At sea and then back in Vancouver but yes it is coming to a close. We had an amazing time.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #697
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Hi Cynthia! Saw your TR link on Tim's report & popped over. Geez can't believe you started it in July and I only found it now. Subbing now, reading later. can't wait because the title is exactly what my DH has said, too!

Last edited by Moira222; 01-16-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #698
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Hi Cynthia! Saw your TR link on Tim's report & popped over. Geez can't believe you started it in July and I only found it now. Subbing now, reading later. can't wait because is exactly what my DH has said, too!
Ah that's the challenge on the Cruise TR's I think, it can be easy to miss, the section just doesn't' seem to get the same kind of traffic. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't realize you'd started a new one either!

So...
Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #699
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Wow I have read through your first day.

First I have to say that between your pre-trip photos, and Lessa's (Lifelongdreamer) I think we have to add a separate trip to the Pacific North West to our list. The mountains and scenery are just beautiful -- THAT is God's country surely!

Sounds like you all had a fun mini vacation, despite your having to put in work hours. The cheeserolling sounds funny to watch!

I don't notice a cast in the day pics, so assuming the cast came off between the Canada trip & the cruise? I didn't read all the in between, where you probably wrote it -- I am supposed to be working

I am curious as to why the cruise ship seemed so empty on day one ....maybe I"ll find out as I read on.
BTW Your bag that you purchased for your door (FW??) is so cute!!

I have a question though, and am wondering if its hidden meaning or typo that the pillow cases say "Wondering" and not "Wandering" to Alaska? or is the ship's name the Disney Wonder. hmm that would make sense now.

ok gotta finish SOMETHING at work today besides your TR
Moira222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #700
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Wow I have read through your first day.

First I have to say that between your pre-trip photos, and Lessa's (Lifelongdreamer) I think we have to add a separate trip to the Pacific North West to our list. The mountains and scenery are just beautiful -- THAT is God's country surely!
That's what my husband calls it!

Quote:
Sounds like you all had a fun mini vacation, despite your having to put in work hours. The cheeserolling sounds funny to watch!

I don't notice a cast in the day pics, so assuming the cast came off between the Canada trip & the cruise? I didn't read all the in between, where you probably wrote it -- I am supposed to be working
He did get it off in between, thank goodness! Whistler was a ton of fun, it always is.

Quote:
I am curious as to why the cruise ship seemed so empty on day one ....maybe I"ll find out as I read on.
BTW Your bag that you purchased for your door (FW??) is so cute!!

I have a question though, and am wondering if its hidden meaning or typo that the pillow cases say "Wondering" and not "Wandering" to Alaska? or is the ship's name the Disney Wonder. hmm that would make sense now.

ok gotta finish SOMETHING at work today besides your TR
I don't really have a good reason why it was so empty before and after the sail away, it is still odd to me! Yep, the ships name is the Disney Wonder. The E's have lots of fun making up names for the next FE as they plot and dream about what we might do. They don't know yet that we are booked for this summer. The crafter who made it does a great job, I will have her do the next one assuming we do it again. Right now there isn't really a signup going for it so we will wait and see but the boys would love to do it again and we'll need a new one. At a minimum though I will get pillowcases.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #702
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Wow, you never know who you might run into in a hot tub!

Looked like a really fun night, glad you all enjoyed it.
It was so funny! It's always odd when you see someone so out of context. I am horrible at recognizing people in those situations. Jeff was mortified and then even more so as apparently (to him) she looked quite a bit different but that will happen when it's been almost a decade!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #703
BeachClubDee
Earning My Ears

Location: 10 minutes from the beach, too far away from the Beach Club

Hi Cynthia- this is Natebenma (Dee) in super-stealth mode. Well, maybe not all that stealth. I plan on using this screen identity for BC/YC forum business and I'm trying to get to that 10th post that gives me "Superpowers"

Ketchickan looked like a lot of fun. The coffee shop sounds like a perfect stop in the rain. I love the beautiful photo of the marina with the sun poking through the overcast. Then then you got to explore Creek Street. That seems very interesting. I too am salivating over the menu you posted from Annabelle's. Maybe it is a good thing you didn't get photos, because that could have started up some serious drool. Kung Pow Calamari? YUM!

That is a great picture of Evan. Does he love it too?

Yeah on finding the jacket!

Now I need to go back and read the Pirate post.
BeachClubDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #704
BeachClubDee
Earning My Ears

Location: 10 minutes from the beach, too far away from the Beach Club

What fabulous pictures of all of you at Pirate Night.

I'm happy to hear that a lot of people were getting into it. I have a lot of pirate gear in lots of sizes (I chaired a Mom-Son dance, the Mother-Matey Pirate Palooza) so I would have a blast with something like this. My DH on the other hand- it would probably take more than a rum or coke or two or ten to get him to play along.

What a riot about the people who knew Jeff! The whole 6 degrees of separation and all that. It can be fun when you find the connections. Although I guess this one was a little easier since it was a "first degree" as he had already met them.
BeachClubDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #705
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

So Impressive!

I absolutely love your TR! my DH and I are going on a Disney Wonder Cruise to Alaska on June 11, 2012. And I have gotten so many great ideas from you! We have never been on a Disney Cruise before and are super-excited about it! You have inspired me to write a trip report of my own. I wish I would have done them with some of my other Disney trips, I forget so many of the details and this is a wonderful way to keep them all intact! You are doing an awesome job! Judos to you for taking the time to keep your memories so close at hand!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: