Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #106
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Hi!

Marsha told me about this Dismeet. I too live close to Dulles airport. I would love to join you ladies this weekend but will have to say maybe since I think DH might have to work and this would be smack dab in the middle of nap time. If I can't join you this time I would love to be included for another one.

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #107
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcountess View Post
My plans have changed slightly due to extended family health related issues. I may have to bring DH and DS along...would that bother anyone? If not then please put me down as a strong tentative. Then I will try to work out extended family around the meet n greet. I am very excited to meet everyone
denise
No problem for me...in fact if you'd like I can bring DH and/or my kids along, too. I have DD6 and DD2 (nearly 3). They could play in the playground area on the upper level together) and Disney store is just one big look and play area, too.

Just a thought.

I'm good either way.

Sorry to hear about the family health issues...
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #108
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcountess View Post
My plans have changed slightly due to extended family health related issues. I may have to bring DH and DS along...would that bother anyone? If not then please put me down as a strong tentative. Then I will try to work out extended family around the meet n greet. I am very excited to meet everyone
denise
No, it doesn't bother me at all! Plus there is so much to do at Tysons!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #109
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
Hi!

Marsha told me about this Dismeet. I too live close to Dulles airport. I would love to join you ladies this weekend but will have to say maybe since I think DH might have to work and this would be smack dab in the middle of nap time. If I can't join you this time I would love to be included for another one.
Welcome, the more the merrier

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #110
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Hi!

Hope you can make it!!

yeah, If I bring DD2 she'll probably sleep on the way to Tysons!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #111
Marshay

Update:

Our new sofa is going to arrive on Saturday! I'm so happy to get it before we vacation next week.

Right now the window is 8am - 6pm but they will call on Friday to let us know what 3 hr chunk.

I am still planning to meet you guys and DH will stay home with the kids and await the furniture. If it comes prior to our dismeet, then they will come to Tysons, too, and meet up with any other DHs and kids.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #112
arbolita
DIS Veteran

So....bad news. I can't make it =( My sister called me yesterday to tell me we're having my nephew's birthday party at 4:00. It would take a little over 3 hours to get to my parent's house from Tyson's Corner if there's no traffic, so I just don't think it's going to work. I am really bummed, I have been looking forward to this for awhile. Take lots of pictures for me!!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #113
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
So....bad news. I can't make it =( My sister called me yesterday to tell me we're having my nephew's birthday party at 4:00. It would take a little over 3 hours to get to my parent's house from Tyson's Corner if there's no traffic, so I just don't think it's going to work. I am really bummed, I have been looking forward to this for awhile. Take lots of pictures for me!!
oh soooo sorry to hear. If morning works out better for everyone, we can change to the morning. I'm flexible all day (since DH is going to stay home for the sofa delivery).
Old 01-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #114
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Oh that stinks If morning is better,I'm flexible, too! And less traffic in the morning

Old 01-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #115
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
And less traffic in the morning
Good point! I hadn't been to Tysons is many, many months...went in November and I couldn't believe the traffic!! and all the new construction. It has certainly changed from when I used to work in Tysons 10 years ago!!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #116
Marshay

princessmorgan -- I just read your siggie -- wow you have 4 princesses!! How fun!!

I really hope we have a chance to meet up in Disney - my girls are 6 and nearly 3 and should fit in really well with yours!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #117
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
princessmorgan -- I just read your siggie -- wow you have 4 princesses!! How fun!!

I really hope we have a chance to meet up in Disney - my girls are 6 and nearly 3 and should fit in really well with yours!
We should at least meet up at a park at OKW or something. Or maybe, just maybe it'll be warm enough to swim!! My girls love playing with other princesses, even those it's a princess fest here all the time!

Old 01-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #118
Marshay

Ok, guys -- tomorrow is the date ... is anyone still going??

Tania -- it may be just you and me ... if so, do we want to bring some/all of our girls along and let them play in Disney store, American Girl Doll store, playground, etc and we can just go to the food court for lunch?

Or we can just meet the 2 of us.

Where do we want to meet? The Disney store?

I wrote down all of the names of people who had written in this thread. I can send them a PM with the date, time and location just as a reminder in case their schedule opens up. thoughts?

If we need to try to reschedule, that's fine too.

I'm still excited to meet everyone and hope it can actually happen!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #119
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Thanks For the PM Marsha! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. DH has to work in Baltimore tomorrow and wants me and the kids to come and go to Port Discovery. If you decide to do it again please let me know as I would love to meet other NoVA DISers!

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #120
Marshay

Quote:
Thanks For the PM Marsha! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. DH has to work in Baltimore tomorrow and wants me and the kids to come and go to Port Discovery. If you decide to do it again please let me know as I would love to meet other NoVA DISers!
Oooh, that sounds like a lot of fun! We haven't been there yet (only the Aquarium). Let us know how it was.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: