Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


View Poll Results: Which park is your favorite?
Magic Kingdom 2 50.00%
Epcot 1 25.00%
Animal Kingdom 0 0%
Hollywood Studios 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

Taking time to Smell the Roses- A June 2012 PTR

YAY!!! We are going back to Disney!!! Our first trip ever last year was very similar to a full fledged marathon thanks to my commando style of touring. DH did not appreciate it very much and decided that we can only go back if I can learn to relax. Frankly I'm not quite sure what he's talking about!!!

WHO - So our cast of characters are -



Me - I am an elementary school teacher with a passion for Disney movies.

DH - He is a great guy who is semi-tolerant of my Disney obsession. He does have moments where he lets me know that he does indeed think I'm addicted and that I may need some DA meetings as in Disney Anonymous. I personally think it's an o.k. addiction to have!

And now for the real reasons for our trips.....our boys!



DS10 - He will turn 10 about two weeks before our trip to Disney, which officially makes him an adult!!! Scary thought! Glad he's not yet an adult in the "real world". He's a great kid who loves all Lego games.....Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman, Lego Pirates. He has not moved up to watching the actual Star Wars movie and collects the figures. He also LOVES pin and vinylmation trading.



DS5 - He will turn 6 the week we return home. This is a combined birthday trip for both of them but I am not sure that we will actually get pins that say Happy Birthday at Disney since it really isn't their actual birthday. DS5 is also into anything Lego and loves Jack Sparrow. He would be a pirate when he grows up if mom would just let him! He is a ladies man and LOVES seeing the princesses because they are beautiful. According to him, he has 18 girlfriends.

Also joining us on this trip are DH's parents, our Nanna and Poppa.

Won't you join us for a trip where we try NOT to make rope drop every morning, where we don't run from ride to ride trying to do them all, where we take time to actually see the swimming pool at our resort, and HOPEFULLY DH will love it enough that he will say, "Yes we can go back soon."

Up next - Where are we staying!??!
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7

Last edited by BridgetR3; 03-14-2012 at 09:33 PM.
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Where are we staying?
2. Dining Plan.....what dining plan???
3. Taking time to smell the roses in Magic Kingdom
4. Our Itinerary
5. Stopping to smell the roses in Epcot
6. Our Countdown
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7

Last edited by BridgetR3; 02-25-2012 at 03:16 PM.
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

A picture hint about where we are staying on our next Disney trip -







Now I know that SOMEONE knows what resort this is so please take a guess. I won't even stone you if you get it wrong. I'm just trying to get some kind of crowd participation!!!

Ready set go - first one who guesses it wins a magical imaginary trip to DisneyWorld with us! But then again would you really want to join us?
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7

Last edited by BridgetR3; 02-25-2012 at 03:12 PM.
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,208

Okay, I'll take a stab at it. Would it be Port Orleans - French Quarter? I suppose it would go with you sons' Saints t-shirts in the first post. We were rooting for the Saints yesterday, but they unfortunately came out on the short-end of the score in a very exciting game.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.
 
Deesknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 4,060

Hate to admit it but with the playground picture I thought it was SSR. OOPS! Now as far as being Saints fans goes.....
Well, perhaps we should leave football and politics out of this thread.

When are you going. I think it is really nice you are bring the childrens grand parents. My Mom came with us for a few trips. She is gone now, so believe me when I say, it is SO worth any of the little differences that MAY come up during the trip. Some of our BEST WDW memories were with my Mom. DH & our kids agree.
__________________
How many surprises can we fit into 1 week? TR - Aug 2013- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164295

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Okay, I'll take a stab at it. Would it be Port Orleans - French Quarter? I suppose it would go with you sons' Saints t-shirts in the first post. We were rooting for the Saints yesterday, but they unfortunately came out on the short-end of the score in a very exciting game.

Yep it is Port Orleans - French Quarter. We chose not to stay there on our first trip because it reminded us too much of New Orleans and we wanted something different/unique. However, after trying out Carribean Beach Resort and realizing just how large it was, we were ready for something a bit smaller. With the smaller setup and the queen beds, Port Orleans French Quarter is the one for us on this trip!!

Wasn't that such an excting game!?!??! We really thought we had won on the last touchdown and obviously our defense did too since they stopped playing after that. Maybe next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Hate to admit it but with the playground picture I thought it was SSR. OOPS! Now as far as being Saints fans goes.....
Well, perhaps we should leave football and politics out of this thread.

When are you going. I think it is really nice you are bring the childrens grand parents. My Mom came with us for a few trips. She is gone now, so believe me when I say, it is SO worth any of the little differences that MAY come up during the trip. Some of our BEST WDW memories were with my Mom. DH & our kids agree.
Uh oh - does being from MA mean you are a Patriots fan?!?!?! Just when I thought we could be friends....GEEZ!!! J/k ....as long as we don't talk football we should be o.k.!! Let's stick to Disney only!

We are going to DW from June 8-15 but since we have to drive our vacation is from June 7-16. We are very excited about having the boys' grandparents along for the trip. They just went to DW in September with the other grandchildren so they are also excited about all things Disney!

Here are some photos I took of Port Orleans French Quarter when we were at DW in March 2011 on our resort touring day.....



This guy was the friendliest CM we met all week. He gave the kids Mardi Gras beads and a doubloon. He was nice enough to step inside and take our picture by the fountain.


Boy do we look tired.....















Thanks for looking at my pics!!!

Up next - Our meal plan.....Disney Dining Plan? Quick Service Plan? Deluxe Dining Plan? No dining plan?? Which will it be?
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.
 
Deesknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 4,060

We can still be friends. I am a Pats fan. But I appreciate a fellow football fan, regardless of who they are rooting for. And Disney can be the great neutrilizer!

I love the pictures of Port Orleans French Quarter. We've stayed at POR, but I really really wish we had stayed in the French Quarter. That looks awesome!
__________________
How many surprises can we fit into 1 week? TR - Aug 2013- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164295

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
We can still be friends. I am a Pats fan. But I appreciate a fellow football fan, regardless of who they are rooting for. And Disney can be the great neutrilizer!

I love the pictures of Port Orleans French Quarter. We've stayed at POR, but I really really wish we had stayed in the French Quarter. That looks awesome!

I'm glad we can still be friends!! Port Orleans French Quarter has LOTS of personality!! I can't wait to stay there! We will probably check out Port Orleans Riverside while we are there but it was way too large for my DH who wanted a small resort.

Tonight I will finish my TR and then I'll be around here to bug ya'll from now until the trip!
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #9
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran
 
BelleTinkMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern Louisiana
Posts: 587

Hey, I'm here. Planning a DW trip is always exciting.

Just add a celebration to your reservation and they will give you Birthday pins when you check in. If they don't just ask for them. My girls always celebrate their birthdays when we are there even though it is not their actual birthday.
__________________
GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Greatest Surprise Trip Ever.....Thanks Honey TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post36812876
Am I nuts...Bringing in-laws for their 1st time! May 2011 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559291
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
BelleTinkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
mommy2mb
Mouseketeer
 
mommy2mb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Illinois & BWV
Posts: 141

I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all the planning details
__________________
Me & DH DS (10) DS (4) pirate
mommy2mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
Robinh
Earning My Ears
 
Robinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 11

Following! I love your pictures.
__________________
Me : DH DD19 SS16 SS14





Robinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
Hey, I'm here. Planning a DW trip is always exciting.

Just add a celebration to your reservation and they will give you Birthday pins when you check in. If they don't just ask for them. My girls always celebrate their birthdays when we are there even though it is not their actual birthday.
Yeah I know it's possible. Actually they have it written on the reservation somewhere that we are celebrating birthdays and we've already received Mickey mail about celebrating their birthdays at Disney. BUT....my honest kids will be the first to tell you "My birthday was last week." after you tell them "Happy birthday!"

I just wanted to know if people really do it. Glad to know that your kids celebrate it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mb View Post
I'm here!! Can't wait to hear all the planning details
Thanks for joining us!!! I'll post more planning details this weekend!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinh View Post
Following! I love your pictures.
Thank you!!! I love taking pictures! I'm definitely not the best photographer but I do enjoy it tremendously!

I just wanted to all of you to my PTR!!! I really appreciate all of you joining in and visiting with me to pass the time!!
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

So I'm finally back after two crazy weeks at work...and I have the details on our dining experiences at Disney.

We will be paying OOP for all of our meals and will have no TS restaurants. We decided on our last trip that the reservations and meals took too long for our family. I know that lots of people love the TS restaurants but we just didn't find them worth the time and money for our family. Therefore, we will be visiting our favorite CS restaurants while we enjoy the parks.

Here are a few that we have on the "must do" list -

AK - Flame Tree
HS - Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express
BoardWalk - Beaches and Cream (yes I know it's sit down but there's no reservations) - we want a kitchen sink!
MK - Main Street Bakery

So where else should we eat?? My family is VERY picky. THey don't like ANYTHING "international" so Epcot is really tough for us to find a restaurant we all agree on.
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #14
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.
 
Deesknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 4,060

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
So I'm finally back after two crazy weeks at work...and I have the details on our dining experiences at Disney.

We will be paying OOP for all of our meals and will have no TS restaurants. We decided on our last trip that the reservations and meals took too long for our family. I know that lots of people love the TS restaurants but we just didn't find them worth the time and money for our family. Therefore, we will be visiting our favorite CS restaurants while we enjoy the parks.

Here are a few that we have on the "must do" list -

AK - Flame Tree
HS - Pizza Planet and ABC Commissary
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express
BoardWalk - Beaches and Cream (yes I know it's sit down but there's no reservations) - we want a kitchen sink!
MK - Main Street Bakery

So where else should we eat?? My family is VERY picky. THey don't like ANYTHING "international" so Epcot is really tough for us to find a restaurant we all agree on.
I'm not a hot dog fan, but the rest of my family LOVE Caseys. We too have a tough time at Epcot. We all love Capt Hooks (or may be Capt Cooks) at the Polynesian resort, if you happen to be in the mood for resort hopping. We strongly recommend the chicken strips.
__________________
How many surprises can we fit into 1 week? TR - Aug 2013- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164295

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #15
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

 
BridgetR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Too far from home
Posts: 1,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
I'm not a hot dog fan, but the rest of my family LOVE Caseys. We too have a tough time at Epcot. We all love Capt Hooks (or may be Capt Cooks) at the Polynesian resort, if you happen to be in the mood for resort hopping. We strongly recommend the chicken strips.
Nope I couldn't do Caseys because I don't like hot dogs/corndogs either, but then again I could just let the other's do it. We like Cosmic Rays at MK but I think I want to try Harbor House to sit on the second floor. I'm telling you this trip is ALL about the special little things that I've found out about on the DIS. (I will make my DH love Disney. I will make my DH love Disney. I will.....)

We do plan on resort hopping on our free day and will more than likely end up doing the monorail loop just for fun. I think I have Capt. H(C)ooks on the list because I have the "order by touching the screen" restaurant on monorail loop. Is that the one? I read about it on someone else's TR but didn't know what it was called! Again I picked it because of the odd way that you order not the food....

I also want to hit up Ghirardelli at DTD because I love their Christmas chocolate (chocolate peppermint) and I want to see if they have any of it there year around.

Oh yeah and my MIL still talks about her dole whip from Aloha Isle to this day so I"m thinking we should go by there!

So what else should I look for? Any other "unique/interesting" places to eat, whether meal or dessert?
__________________
Me DH DS11 DS7
BridgetR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.