Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Before I bought into DVC, the Swan/Dolphin were my go-to hotels on site. I loved the location (I love the Boardwalk area, with both Epcot and DHS within walking distance), and the Heavenly beds are, um, heavenly.

If you're worried about not having access to the DDP, one alternative that I've used in the past (thanks to an idea from the WDW Today podcast folks) is to take the money I'd have spent on the DDP and put it on a Visa gift card instead. Then I'd pay for all the food using that card. I wound up spending only about 75% of what the DDP would have cost on food, which meant that I got to blow the rest on souvenirs.

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)

Upcoming trips: DIS ABD Backstage Magic (July 6-11, 2014), DL Half Marathon (Aug 29-Sep 1, 2014
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:43 PM   #17
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwang9 View Post
Before I bought into DVC, the Swan/Dolphin were my go-to hotels on site. I loved the location (I love the Boardwalk area, with both Epcot and DHS within walking distance), and the Heavenly beds are, um, heavenly.

If you're worried about not having access to the DDP, one alternative that I've used in the past (thanks to an idea from the WDW Today podcast folks) is to take the money I'd have spent on the DDP and put it on a Visa gift card instead. Then I'd pay for all the food using that card. I wound up spending only about 75% of what the DDP would have cost on food, which meant that I got to blow the rest on souvenirs.
That is such a good idea! I am gonna try that! I'm really leaning towards the Dolphin if the price is right when we have enough money saved.
sab53085 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #18
ConcKahuna
Corn was on sale, 10 ears for $3, of course it was cheaper at The Root Of All Evil

The DTD Resort hotels are nice too. You can get deluxe resort amenities at moderate/value resort prices!

You also get all of the same amenities as staying at one of the Disney-owned resort, except for Magical Express and Extra Hours (the Hilton does get EMH though).

www.downtowndisneyhotels.com

The Holiday Inn is the best one there (and ranked in the top 10 in Orlando by it's guests on TripAdvisor.com )

The Palace is also the on-property host hotel, and is a short walk from any of the other hotels, if you choose to go to any of the parties.
ConcKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #19
sab53085
Mouseketeer

Time to get into serious planning mode! Any other advice would be appreciated!
sab53085 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: