Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

It wouldn't be spring without an Epcot F&G Festival! New pg 35

Itís time for another DisMomAmy family spring break trip to Disney!! It wouldnít be a spring break trip without the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival & a pre-trip report!! Welcome aboard! Please say hello!

I haven't finished my November 2011 trip report yet, but since I have most of it typed up and we are now in double digits for this trip, I figured I'd get this report going. I've written several other trip reports & pre-trip reports... links to the recent reports are in my signature if you are interested.

We've been to Disney every spring, during the F&G Festival, since 2009. I also took a trip with my mom during the festival in 2008. It's such a beautiful time of year to be there and it's so nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel when you are trying to make it through a New England winter.

Who are we?

Iím Amy, a 38 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & school volunteer. This will be my 16th trip to Walt Disney World!

My DH, Tim, is a 38 year old software engineer. He works very hard and spends long hours away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World. He even suggested we take a DVC tour on our last trip!

Alex, 11, is a 5th grader who loves soccer, basketball, swimming & game shows. He was diagnosed with PDD-NOS/Autism Spectrum Disorder just after his second birthday. He is an amazing kid who has come so far to overcome many of his challenges.

Zach, 8, is a 2nd grader who loves karate & baseball! He is a very kind and sensitive boy. He was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome when he was six. He is also an amazing kid who works hard to deal with his challenges.

When are we going? Thursday, April 19th - Sunday, April 29th!

What are we celebrating? This year, Alex is finishing up his last year at our small town elementary school. The 30 kids in his 5th grade class (2 classrooms), are moving on to our very large, district middle school next year. So weíre celebrating his graduation from 5th grade!

The other major accomplishment is that Alex will be going to environmental camp for four nights with his 5th grade class & the 5th graders from several other small elementary schools in our district in early April. He has been very nervous about the experience. He was opposed to it all the way through mid-4th grade. When last yearís class of 5th graders went, he finally started to warm up to the idea. Now he is excited & we are the ones who are nervous! Itís going to be a great experience for him but Iím going to be thrilled when itís over!

Today we are at 98 days & counting!!

Stay tuned for all the juicy details!

Last edited by DisMomAmy; 04-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Reporting for duty, Amy.

Now, I have to go back and catch up on your TR (I got so behind with my son and doctors, etc.).
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Thanks for starting my PTR for me Amy! You just got a couple things wrong in your intro but I'll fix them for you

Quote:
Iím Amy, a 38 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & school volunteer. This will be my 16th trip to Walt Disney World!

My DH, Tim, is a 38 year old software engineer. He works very hard and spends long hours away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World.
Iím Heidi, a 38 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & not a school volunteer. This will be my 10th trip to Walt Disney World!

My DH, John, is a 35 year old process engineer. He works very hard and spends long hours away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World

You sort of got some of the things right about my kids but Danica is a 2 year old GIRL and Liam is 4 (got that autism thing right )

Quote:
When are we going? Thursday, April 19th - Sunday, April 29th!
When are we going? Thursday, April 19th - Sunday, April 28th!

I hope you get my flight information, car rental and resorts and ADRs correct when you post those.

PS to everyone on the DIS -- Amy and I are friends in real life and yes we have a lot in common

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Thanks for starting my PTR for me Amy! You just got a couple things wrong in your intro but I'll fix them for you

Iím Heidi, a 38 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & not a school volunteer. This will be my 10th trip to Walt Disney World!

My DH, John, is a 35 year old process engineer. He works very hard and spends long hours away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World

You sort of got some of the things right about my kids but Danica is a 2 year old GIRL and Liam is 4 (got that autism thing right )

When are we going? Thursday, April 19th - Sunday, April 28th!

I hope you get my flight information, car rental and resorts and ADRs correct when you post those.

PS to everyone on the DIS -- Amy and I are friends in real life and yes we have a lot in common

I was hoping you would jump in!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Heidi, you are a hoot!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #9
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

I'm here. I love the F&G festival. We missed it last year.

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
WDWCP96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
disney<333
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I love F & G and hope to see it in March!
disney<333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm in Amy!

Just me and my girlÖa very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Heidi, you are a hoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
I'm here. I love the F&G festival. We missed it last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
Joining in! I love F & G and hope to see it in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Count me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm in Amy!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #14
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

for starting the PTR, can't wait to read your plans

And Heidi, I didn't realize your two dates until Heidi put them up like that. How fun
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I'm in, mainly to lurk

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: