Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #61
Princess Amy
Fit for a Princess! <3

Anyone have pictures of any of the spas?

Unfortunately GF spa is closed and don't think we will make the trek to SSR. How are the other hotels massage services? Particularly Yacht Club, Boardwalk, and Contemporary.

DH and I are going child-less this March for my birthday and would like to relax and get a massage. Which hotel has the best?

Thanks!

Oct/Nov '13 CBR, Nov '12 Disney Dream and Pop, March '12 CBR, Sept/Oct '11 POFQ, August '10 CBR, Dec '09 Universal/Disney, June '09 POR, Sept '08 Pop, Dec '07 AKL/CSR, Oct '06 CBR, Mar '06 offsite, Dec '04 ASMo, Sept '01 ASMo, Apr '00 ASMo, Apr '98 Poly, Nov '97 WL, Nov '96 Poly, Aug '95 WL, Mar '92 Poly, Mar '91 Poly, Mar '88 CR, Nov '87 Poly, Nov '86 Poly

Princess Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #62
CPer'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Amy View Post

DH and I are going child-less this March for my birthday and would like to relax and get a massage. Which hotel has the best?

Thanks!
Mandara Spa at the Dolphin!

CPer'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #63
Princess Amy
Fit for a Princess! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPer'sMom View Post
Mandara Spa at the Dolphin!
Thanks! Just booked the Couples Retreat Ritual! Can't wait!

Oct/Nov '13 CBR, Nov '12 Disney Dream and Pop, March '12 CBR, Sept/Oct '11 POFQ, August '10 CBR, Dec '09 Universal/Disney, June '09 POR, Sept '08 Pop, Dec '07 AKL/CSR, Oct '06 CBR, Mar '06 offsite, Dec '04 ASMo, Sept '01 ASMo, Apr '00 ASMo, Apr '98 Poly, Nov '97 WL, Nov '96 Poly, Aug '95 WL, Mar '92 Poly, Mar '91 Poly, Mar '88 CR, Nov '87 Poly, Nov '86 Poly

Princess Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #64
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Has anyone been to both the Mandara Spa and the Spa at the Saratoga Springs? Which one do you prefer and why? Thinking about possibly trying one for our next trip.

HunnyJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #65
BamaTigger
ANNUAL PASSHOLDER! 6 HOURS FROM DISNEY! 28th TRIP AND COUNTING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnyJar View Post
Has anyone been to both the Mandara Spa and the Spa at the Saratoga Springs? Which one do you prefer and why? Thinking about possibly trying one for our next trip.
My DH is a massage junkie and always gets one at the GF spa, until it closed. So he went to the SSR this past November and had the MT from the GF do his massage. Mary Anne is her name. Great MT he says.

BUT...as much as he loves the massages, he said he will NOT go back to the SSR cause its too much of a hassle and he said the actual spa is not that great.

TAKING FUR KIDS TO WDW? CHECK MY BEST FRIENDS PET CARE RESORT FAQ THREAD!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2552159
BamaTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #66
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I have been to all three of the main spas; SSR, Mandarin, and GF. I would rank them in that order.

I normally stay at POR.

SSR appealed to me most, because of its location, the wonderful services, and the restaurant, The Turf Club. There is nothing better than a water taxi ride from POR to DTD, and then over to SSR. A wonderful spa treatment and a wonderful lunch out on the patio and a walk over to DTD (or the water taxi back) to do some shopping and walking around. Then the water taxi ride back to POR is delightful.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #67
pumpkinfish
Clothing Expert and Magic Giver of Dis Girl Club- Zeta Chapter
Thinks she knows who the Tag Fairy is (WRONG!)
Although, very cute, Tinkerbelle is an amateur!

Has anyone tried the Spa at Shades of Green?

Also, I'm trying to get an idea of the "spa" environments with the various locations around Disney.
I like true spas where there are saunas, hot tubs, and steam rooms. Which spas have these amenities available? Also, I'm concerned about these environments with children under 18 (no offense). Are they bathing suit mandatory (I'm used to spas where you are au natural)? I just want to make sure I go in with the correct perception.

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!
pumpkinfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #68
Steamboat Girlie
I WANT TO BE LOCKED IN THE DISNEY VAULT! "Huh-huh. Up and at 'em, pal. Oooh boy, are we glad you're here, big doin's goin' on, so let's get started! See ya real soon!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess97 View Post
I love Marqi (Grand Floridian Staff) now at Saratoga Springs and other rotations during the current spa renovations. I have chronic neck and upper back pain as well as migraines and the Aurum Manus Signature Massage by Marqi is the most incredible massage experience each and every time. My husband and I go to Disney several times a year and always schedule one. my physical therapist and neurologist are highly supportive of this as a great therapy.
Can I request Marqi to come to AKL? If I ask, is Marqi a he or a she?
Thanks

1976; 85; 86; 88; 96; 04; 08 - off site, 1983 - Disney's Polynesian Village, 2000 - Disneyland Resort, 02 - Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, 02 - Walt Disney World Swan, 02 - Disney's Coronado Springs, 04 & 09 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Villas Resort, 05 - Disney's Pop Century Resort, 08, 09 & '12 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, '11 & '13 - Disney's BoardWalk, '12 - Disney's Old Key West, 13' - Disney's Bay Lake Tower

Steamboat Girlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #69
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I have been to all three of the main spas; SSR, Mandarin, and GF. I would rank them in that order.

I normally stay at POR.

SSR appealed to me most, because of its location, the wonderful services, and the restaurant, The Turf Club. There is nothing better than a water taxi ride from POR to DTD, and then over to SSR. A wonderful spa treatment and a wonderful lunch out on the patio and a walk over to DTD (or the water taxi back) to do some shopping and walking around. Then the water taxi ride back to POR is delightful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaTigger View Post
My DH is a massage junkie and always gets one at the GF spa, until it closed. So he went to the SSR this past November and had the MT from the GF do his massage. Mary Anne is her name. Great MT he says.

BUT...as much as he loves the massages, he said he will NOT go back to the SSR cause its too much of a hassle and he said the actual spa is not that great.
Thank you both for the feedback. My big concern was that the SSR spa was kind of off the beaten path for us. Normally, we stay at the Poly. I'm also really big into trying to see what a place looks like before going - mostly because some of the settings I have seen locally seem almost sterile and not comfortable at all. I'm sure that is not the case at SSR, but it would have been nice to see some pictures of their rooms.

I have to say the pictures of the Mandara look truly amazing. The cost is a bit more at the Mandara compared to the SSR, just wondering if it was worth the increase in cost..

Old 01-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #70
Mom2KaiaandKali
Earning My Ears

How much do some massages run at WDW? My Dh could really use one and I was thinking of surprising him but I want to work it into the budget without his noticing!
Mom2KaiaandKali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #71
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2KaiaandKali View Post
How much do some massages run at WDW? My Dh could really use one and I was thinking of surprising him but I want to work it into the budget without his noticing!
Here's a link to the spas for Disney..

http://www.relaxedyet.com/

And here's a link to the Mandara at the Swan and Dolphin. Both have the prices on their spa menu..

http://mandaraspa.com/spa/Orlando-Wa...d-Dolphin.aspx

Old 02-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #72
fostrmom2mny
DIS Veteran

So is the GF spa permanately closed? I repeat another poster question about which spa locations offer hot tub, steam rooms and showers with soaps and shampoo?

fostrmom2mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #73
jupers
DIS Veteran

Hi all...I have a spa question...I am a DVC member and have an AP...Just wondering whether I will get the best deal at SSR or Mandara Spa...Just want to give Mom one for Mother's day but on a tight budget, or since we will be at BLT if I should do one of those???? THoughts? TIA
June '12-BCV and BLT; Jan '12-SSR; Oct 11-BWV; Jul '11-Offsite; '09-POR (family trip before Dad passed, best time ever); '07-POR & Wilderness Lodge; '03-Universal Hard Rock-(Wonderful, but not the same); '99-POFQ (Honeymoon-if I knew then...)'93-One Day from Tampa'84-CR'78-Poly
ME DH DD (10) DS (5)
jupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #74
wish_upon_a_star35
Mouseketeer

I went to the Mandara spa at Universal last year and it was absolutely heavenly. It was a beautiful place with a very relaxing atmosphere. The staff was very nice also. I had a hot stone massage and the fire and ice pedicure.

I'm trying to decide if I should book something for an upcoming trip in May. I will be traveling with my daughter *7*. So I am wondering if I can schedule an in room sitter and then slip away for a massage?

We are staying at the Beach Club. I am wondering how the transportation to the Swan and Dolphin will work from there. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

My PTR Link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35960268

We're home! Our June TR!:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2502990

We are REALLY going to the castle!! A May 2012 Trip Report!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927349
wish_upon_a_star35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #75
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostrmom2mny View Post
So is the GF spa permanately closed? I repeat another poster question about which spa locations offer hot tub, steam rooms and showers with soaps and shampoo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfish View Post
Has anyone tried the Spa at Shades of Green?

Also, I'm trying to get an idea of the "spa" environments with the various locations around Disney.
I like true spas where there are saunas, hot tubs, and steam rooms. Which spas have these amenities available? Also, I'm concerned about these environments with children under 18 (no offense). Are they bathing suit mandatory (I'm used to spas where you are au natural)? I just want to make sure I go in with the correct perception.
I've been to SSR Spa and yes it has these things and using them is included in the price of whatever treatment you buy. Whenever I have been no-one has been in them. Very quiet! Considering they ask for the wearing of swimsuits during the hydrotherapy treatments I suspect swimsuits are needed for the hot tub.
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: