Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #241
Dr. M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear View Post
Just want to confirm that CS credits are all bunched into one group...not divided by adult/child. Not looking for any hints/tricks...or anything else....just an answer to my posted question. Thanks!
Also want to know. Is this true for 2012?
March 2014 DCL Wonder 5 night Caribbean, May 2015 DCL Fantasy 7 night Caribbean
Dr. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #242
aanderson5
DIS Veteran

Is it possible to use 2 kids CS credits for breakfast when there is only 1 kid (and 2 adults) on the plan? I would rather use DS's credits for breakfast and save the adult credits to share for lunch and dinner. Thanks.

ETA - Sorry, I know you can only use one child credit at a time but what if DH and I go through the cash, each with a childs meal seperately.

aanderson5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #243
ashleyasiegel
Mouseketeer

We are using the Dining Plan for the first time and have the QS plan. If my daughter (3) decides she wants a hot dog while we are at the MK and we go to Casey's how does that effect our credits if we just order her meal there and the adults eat at a different resturant? Will it take away one the adult credits that I would need to order a kids meal later to make everything even out? We leave on the 28th of this month so I am hoping that I get this plan all figured out before then

April/May 2014: Pop Century l Dec 2012: Pop Century l Jan/Feb 2012: DD2 1st trip ASMovies l Sept 2010: All Star Music l Nov 2009: Pop Century/All Star Music l Nov 2009: Disneyland l Jan 2009: DD1 1st trip All Star Sports l May 2007: Off Site l April 2006: Off Site Herm's First Disney Trip
ashleyasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #244
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel View Post
We are using the Dining Plan for the first time and have the QS plan. If my daughter (3) decides she wants a hot dog while we are at the MK and we go to Casey's how does that effect our credits if we just order her meal there and the adults eat at a different resturant? Will it take away one the adult credits that I would need to order a kids meal later to make everything even out? We leave on the 28th of this month so I am hoping that I get this plan all figured out before then
Maybe the hot dog is part of a kids meal and therefore they would know you were ordering a kids meal and credit it properly.? Not sure, just guessing at it. Check the menu and see how they sell there.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #245
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyasiegel View Post
My understanding is that there are no official kids meals at Casey's, so if you order your daughter a meal there it is still using a child credit. You will be fine! If you are at a CS location that doesn't offer a kids meal the child can still have a meal using a child credit.
05/12/14 35th Anniversary trip12/2/13 Christmas fun5/18/13 Fantasy Cruise w/whole family! 5/1/12 Our WDW trip with Abby & Cameron & DREAM cruise w/entire family!05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all! Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
KarlaG4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #246
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Sorry if this has been asked before but the search facility is not working well for me at the moment.

Anyway, if you have 2 adults and 1 child on the DDP and you get, say, 3 counter service meals from a place where there is no kids' menu, do they automatically deduct 2 adult and 1 child credit or do you need to tell them that one fo the meals is for a child?
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #247
sl_underwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanderson5 View Post
Is it possible to use 2 kids CS credits for breakfast when there is only 1 kid (and 2 adults) on the plan? I would rather use DS's credits for breakfast and save the adult credits to share for lunch and dinner. Thanks.

ETA - Sorry, I know you can only use one child credit at a time but what if DH and I go through the cash, each with a childs meal seperately.
I am curious about this as well. With the lack of kids dining options breakfast might be the only kids meal my son is willing to eat.
sl_underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #248
tsme
DIS Veteran

We will not be on any dining plan when we go back later this year. Our DD will be 10 yrs old. But there's no way she would eat an adult portion or even want what's offered on the adult menus. She's a chicken nugget type of girl. Will we run into any problems with wanting to order off the children's menu for her?
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #249
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
We will not be on any dining plan when we go back later this year. Our DD will be 10 yrs old. But there's no way she would eat an adult portion or even want what's offered on the adult menus. She's a chicken nugget type of girl. Will we run into any problems with wanting to order off the children's menu for her?
Anyone can pay oop to eat off the kids menu. Sometimes my dd21 or myself will order a kids meal. You wont have a problem
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(6)
Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #250
tsme
DIS Veteran

Thanks
tsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #251
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer

Help with picky eaters

Ok so I have pretty picky kids when it comes to eating and some days are better than others Real chicken nuggets, mac and cheese kind of kids lol

So have a few questions on the kids 3-9 dining plan:

Here is the most recent menu I was looking at to show you what I am talking about - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...-menu-kids.pdf

- I see that a lot of times they have the kids menu there will be listed like 3 items that they can order (from based on the is menu above) my kids would probably eat hot dog or PB & J. So would that be the only options or I have heard that many places won’t have on menu but may also have like mac and cheese or chicken nuggets for the kids?

-On this menu it shows the desserts as MegaBerry Smoothie or fruit cup for the kids; but if I look at dessert menu (guess for adults) and it shows things like Double Chocolate cake, Key Lime pie, etc. They won’t offer the kids something like that or least a cookie or something?

2nd trip Dec 2013 were scheduled for Caribbean Beach and were upgraded to Grand Floridian - pretty swanky

3rd trip Sept 2015 - It's official going to celebrate my 40th birthday at Disney!

tiggergalttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #252
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=tiggergalttfn;43850221]
Here is the most recent menu I was looking at to show you what I am talking about - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...-menu-kids.pdf

Don't have your answer, but thanks for posting that menu. My youngest would definetly like something in every category there to pick from and I didn't know about this Capt. Jacks. I'm going to look into adding that one to the list.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #253
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
On this menu it shows the desserts as MegaBerry Smoothie or fruit cup for the kids; but if I look at dessert menu (guess for adults) and it shows things like Double Chocolate cake, Key Lime pie, etc. They won’t offer the kids something like that or least a cookie or something?
Disney decided they were going to try and make the kids meals "healthier" awhile back and removed all sweet items from the desserts for awhile. The dessert choices were stuff like yogurt and sliced apples. After an outcry, they put cookies or a scoop of ice cream and such back on, but no, if you're on the dining plan and ordering from a kids menu, the kids are not going to get "adult type" desserts like chocolate cake or key lime pie. You may be able to ask if an alternative dessert is available but don't count on it.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #254
tiggergalttfn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Disney decided they were going to try and make the kids meals "healthier" awhile back and removed all sweet items from the desserts for awhile. The dessert choices were stuff like yogurt and sliced apples. After an outcry, they put cookies or a scoop of ice cream and such back on, but no, if you're on the dining plan and ordering from a kids menu, the kids are not going to get "adult type" desserts like chocolate cake or key lime pie. You may be able to ask if an alternative dessert is available but don't count on it.
I am fine with them not getting a "adult type" dessert but don't want to order cake and tell them they have to eat fruit I get healthly and all for that but I think there should be move type of choices so you can choose right is right for that me. Thanks for the info!

2nd trip Dec 2013 were scheduled for Caribbean Beach and were upgraded to Grand Floridian - pretty swanky

3rd trip Sept 2015 - It's official going to celebrate my 40th birthday at Disney!

tiggergalttfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #255
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you're not on the dining plan you can choose whatever you want. The problem some are having with the kids dining plan is that the only way to get them those adult desserts is to either pay extra for them, or give them yours. Pretty much a tradeoff for choosing to use the dining plan.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: